Do you read tarot blogs - yes, why - no, why?

Do you read tarot blogs - yes, why - no, why?

• I don't, because I don't find them useful or interesting

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I don't, because they don't offer unique content or layout is messy

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I do, because I want to read about others' reading style and experiences with tarot

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • I do, because I'm interested in tarot in general (history, symbolism etc.)

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • I do, because I want to learn card meanings

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

geoxena

I voted that I do read tarot blogs "to read about others' reading style and experiences with tarot." HOWEVER, it is indeed very seldom when I do. On a very infrequent basis, I read them only for ideas and research on tarot reading as a business. No other reasons.

zhadee

I don't search for blogs, and I would not read them on a daily basis but I'm willing to follow a link when posted by a fellow member on AT.

gregory

None of the answers really fit.... I read a very few - and not regularly at that. Mary's, Leffy's and AJ's basically. But mostly - I just don't have the time; if I trawled and dug out more, I'd never get anything else done.

earthair

I don't look for them or follow anyone, but I always seem to end up reading them after looking at card images in searches, thinking "oooo that's pretty" and following the link. All the best photos of cards seem to be on blogs. (Which is handy when I'm not at home and need to post a card for the Guess the Deck game)

Amanda

The one blog I do look at on occasion is by someone that makes loads of awesome spreads.

BodhiSeed

Those I read are by friends (old and new) who (like me) blog to sort the thoughts in their head rather than educate the world on all things tarot. I didn't vote because there wasn't a choice that fit.

Citrin

I do, but I avoid the ones that list card meanings. They tend to bore me. I like the ones with spreads, methods, musings on different questions to ask the tarot etc..

I find I've stopped reading many blogs since I found the YouTube tarot community. The videos seem more varied than most blogs.

decan

I answered: "I don't (n°1)".
Well, I am going to provide more details here because I can't really say that I don't find all blogs useful or interesting, actually it depends!

If it's the blog of an author that I admire, of course I will find his/her articles useful and interesting!
But in general I am not a fan of the format of Blogs. There are some exceptions but most of the times I don't read them, I prefer Forum because we aren't "passive" there. It's just a personal preference concerning format and communication!
And there is as well the time, I have to limit myself online!

Barleywine

I do, but I avoid the ones that list card meanings. They tend to bore me. I like the ones with spreads, methods, musings on different questions to ask the tarot etc..

I find I've stopped reading many blogs since I found the YouTube tarot community. The videos seem more varied than most blogs.

I might prefer YouTube videos if I didn't find them to be of such uneven quality. I don't have a lot of patience with hemming-and-hawing and fumbling around when I can just read a straightforward sentence. Not that I could do any better, but then I'm more of a writer than a presenter. Most presenters could use a good scripter, it seems to take an interminable amount of time to move from card-to-card.

gregory

I HATE youtube tarot videos. I like to be able to skim and look at what I want to read while bypassing the bits I don't.