Do you read tarot blogs - yes, why - no, why?

Do you read tarot blogs - yes, why - no, why?

• I don't, because I don't find them useful or interesting

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I don't, because they don't offer unique content or layout is messy

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I do, because I want to read about others' reading style and experiences with tarot

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • I do, because I'm interested in tarot in general (history, symbolism etc.)

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • I do, because I want to learn card meanings

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Saskia

Hi all, do you read tarot blogs? If yes, why? If not, why? I've had a couple of favourite blogs but they seem to have dwindled away and I haven't bothered to find new ones. I myself blog sporadically and I'm interested in hearing what's the general flavour here; but I'm also curious about this topic in general. Are tarot blogs part of your tarot experience usually?

VGimlet

I don't seek out tarot blogs, but if I run across one I will definitely read it.

It's always interesting to see other people's opinions .

Padma

Pretty much the same as VGimlet said. I don't look for them, but sometimes I will click on a member's blog, here, out of curiosity.

It's not that I am not interested in what others think - I am just not a blog reader, on any topic, really. I prefer books :)

Barleywine

I've book-marked a few of the tarot history blogs and a couple of the better informational blogs on card meanings and methods. I don't go to them often, though. Quite a few of the latter I've found rather thin on content.

Dogs&Coffee

No but only because I haven't encountered any good ones incorporated into the social media I already use.

Disa

I don't actively look for tarot blogs, or any blogs really. I'm just not much of a blog reader. When I do run across them, I will read them. I also like to see what others think about tarot or what their process is. (My own "blog" is more or less a compilation of all my interests and serves as a reference point for me to get to my favorite places. Not much actual "blogging" going on at all.)

Nemia

I do and quite a lot of them. I read them regularly on Feedly Reader and when I find an intelligent deck review, I copy it to my Evernote to help me decide ;-) I don't read card interpretations or explanations that I could give myself, too, but I'm always interested in good spreads or ideas.

I started blogging myself (unconnected to tarot) some 15 years ago and though I don't blog anymore (moved to Twitter), I still like the medium. In the last few years, blogging has become very prettified and in many cases commercialized, well, that's part of the game.

It was unfortunate that I started my own tarot blog on Tumblr; I don't think that's the right platform for me. But my old blog was on Wordpress and I didn't want to mix identities so spontaneously I moved to Tumblr. I find the platform really plays a role. I guess I should move to a platform where I feel more at home.

I wish we could house tarot blogs here on AT, that would be ideal...

Zephyros

I don't often read blogs at all, Tarot or otherwise. Some I know of and catch up on when I'm in the mood, but not often, and it would have to be an exceptional blog in my opinion to warrant it. One of these is by a member here, Le Fanu, and it's a really interesting blog both about collecting and general Tarot-related subjects. Another one is Mary Greer's blog, she's always fascinating. Apart from those two, not really.

RiverRunsDeep

The only tarot blogs I have ever read were by AT forum members, whose posts were of interest to me. I never read tarot blogs on a daily or even regular basis but, if I have extra time on my hands, I will read them out of curiosity to see how other people read and experience the cards.

nisaba

No. I did, but it was a massive waste of time. You get *far* more wisdom-per-hour here. Who has that much time to waste?