Umbrae

tabi

Actually another one too, and please take your time.

olivia

HeavensVault said:
Umbrae,

What deck would be good for me?

Thanks,

Aurora

and me????
Thank you!

ilweran

I'm curious now. Me too :D thanks

kisou

I'd like to jump on the bandwagon, too~!

moon_shadow

I'd also like you to see what deck will be good for me :)

Thank you

6 Haunted Days

"Japanese Egyptian – white on black edition." Very interesting Umbrae. You picked out my 2 least favourite cultures! I've never connected well whatsoever to anything Japanese, though there are some things I do love about Ancient Egyptian cultures.

Umbrae

My Dear Friends;

Currently, I'm 'on the road'. With little to no internet connection. Please bear with me, I'll answer your requests...but it may be a few days.

Thank you for your patience,

Umbrae

franniee

oh 6 haunted days you made me laugh out loud!!!! Too funny :D

I've got to tell you the pick for me moved me the same way. :D except mine was solely egyptian and it was the design that didn't appeal to me - I appreciate the egyptian history and all but I've never liked the art or design.

But hey - maybe Umbrae has a good reason for my pick....I'll think about it. :love:

nicki

Umbrae Can i join the game? ive enjoyed reading your threads and chuckled at some of you comments and i think it would be interesting to see what you come up with for me.

thanks

nicki

Umbrae

The crowned one said:
This sounds really neat, and I am about ready for another deck! If you get the urge to do yet another I am waiting quietly in the back. ;)
Fractal Firebird Tarot
Bat Chicken said:
I am looking to do some trading.... Umbrae! What should I be trading for....? Another quietly (mostly!) waiting if you are so inclined!!:)
You know, not everybody likes what I suggest – but I think if you devote some time, it all makes sense later on. For example my dearest BatChicken, you should get a Tarot of Magic Herbs. You’ll wonder why. You’ll put the deck away…you’ll pull it out…put it away, wonder some more…For you, this may be the One Hundred Years of Solitude of the Tarot world.
Kahlie said:
Hehehe, after I spend sufficient time with this one, I will move on to the other one then ;) I've asked before which one you meant, but, I think you overlooked little me!

It's alright though, I'm having happiness for sure! Plus now I have the added incentive that I can buy another deck in another 6 months! =)

Kahlie
Dunno – no answer. But I suggest that you eyeball some pocket-sized decks to take on your upcoming trip.
firemaiden said:
Alrighty then, Oh Great and Humble Mouthpiece of the Temple of Ooolatek, what will wind my clock?
I’ve said it once I’ll say it again, “Get cherself a real Tarot deck!” Sheesh…and when you read, you get opera gigs, and opera gigs wind yer clock…so go figure…
April said:
Umbrae, my desire to be included overrides my desire not to bother you. Sorry.... What about me?!?!

Peace,
April
Dear April;
How could you bother me? Everything’s okay, just fine...now listen – you’re going to laugh, but I’m serious. I’ve looked over the shoulder of that Dan guy from the Tarot Garden, and he’s writing a review for the Vanessa Tarot. He thinks it’ll be the most overlooked deck of 07, he also says ‘it rocks hardcore’, but most folks won’t get it.
I think you’ll ‘get it’, if you get it.
No, this is not a joke – the Vanessa Tarot.
HeavensVault said:
Umbrae,

What deck would be good for me?

Thanks,

Aurora
Tarocchi di Bacchus
Gavriela said:
I might as well ask, too, since everybody else is at it.

Got room for one more?
The J Philip Thomas Tarot de Paris
EarthAngel2911 said:
Umbrae, I just have to ask. Do you come up with your suggestions based on some psychic intuition? Or do you base your decisions on knowing people from their posts on AT? (Just had to ask. :) ) 'Cause if it's some psychic intuition, then I'd be curious to know what you'd choose for me! :D
Dear EarthAngel2911, I use my psychotic symbiosis do figure out what would ‘work’ for you (roflmao).
I kind of do readings sans cards. Different days get different methods. But no, I don’t base it on ‘what I know’ or posts or intellectual deduction. now sometimes…I use really wacko methods. Like up to this point (today) it’s been off the top of the skull kinda things.
But I look at your sign on…2911. 2+9+1+1=13. So I’m going to go over to the Tarot Garden database master list, and look at page 13. I keep coming back to the Le Tarot Arc-en-Ciel. Might be worth a look…
connegrl said:
Well, to hear the merry kilted one tell it, he stares off into space and it just pops into his head. Or something like that.

Jen
Lissen…you’re correct…but here’s the thing…you and I both know what you want. But there’s a good way anna bad way to acquire it. PM me re: Knapp-Hall.
The crowned one said:
I was wondering that too. I hope it does not involve 2 brown paper bags a list of names and a list of decks! ;)
Sometimes I stand on my head and let the blood drain from my feet, then walk upon a WeeGee board in bare feet – and observe the foot prints for clues. Tiromancy also works.
red11 said:
I tried to refrain myself...but I can't...ha. Room for one more suggestion? :)
Comparative Tarot
tabi said:
Actually another one too, and please take your time.
Do you have a copy of Mage: The Ascension? You should. Sometimes we have to skate over the cracked ice you know…
olivia said:
and me????
Thank you!
Balbi
ilweran said:
I'm curious now. Me too :D thanks
A Robert Place Alchemical.
kisou said:
I'd like to jump on the bandwagon, too~!
I’m getting a real weird hit here. A Gothic Tarot of the Vampires would suit you well, but not a Vargo Gothic. In the autumn, you’ll want to scoop up a Bohemian Gothic. Get on the Tarot Garden pre-order list when it becomes available.
moon_shadow said:
I'd also like you to see what deck will be good for me :)

Thank you
Please don’t misunderstand me, I’m not meaning this as a criticism or whatever, but you need to get back to basics. I’d like to see you with a good basic Tarot de Marseilles. You’ll hate it, be lost, wonder where to go…and one day it’ll open up for you like a flower. Which one? I like the Grimaud Marteau by Cartes France.
6 Haunted Days said:
"Japanese Egyptian – white on black edition." Very interesting Umbrae. You picked out my 2 least favourite cultures! I've never connected well whatsoever to anything Japanese, though there are some things I do love about Ancient Egyptian cultures.
Forget the cultures – it’s a really good WCS variant, purse sized…brilliant stuff really. The white on black is ‘darker’ than the black on white. It’s kinda like reading with film ‘negatives’…wayyy trippy.
franniee said:
oh 6 haunted days you made me laugh out loud!!!! Too funny :D

I've got to tell you the pick for me moved me the same way. :D except mine was solely egyptian and it was the design that didn't appeal to me - I appreciate the egyptian history and all but I've never liked the art or design.

But hey - maybe Umbrae has a good reason for my pick....I'll think about it. :love:
Franniee…you’re breakin’ my heart!
nicki said:
Umbrae Can i join the game? ive enjoyed reading your threads and chuckled at some of you comments and i think it would be interesting to see what you come up with for me.

thanks

nicki
So folks have asked how I do this…so I read your question…and I look over and see you’re in Wales. And I immedieatly think of (remember) the time that Kiama and her boyfriend and my wife and myself took the bus off to Hay-on-Wye. I found an old printing of the Balbi, and I bought Kiama a Vandenborre Bacchus Tarot. Now it may not be your style – but it’s a really cool deck, (the Vandenborre Bacchus that is), you’d grow to love it…

Ooops, here’s me bus folks – gotta scoot…:smoker: