Umbrae

franniee

You make me roflmao Umbrae! Thank you! Have a fun trip! wherever you are! :love:

firemaiden

Umbrae said:
Sometimes I stand on my head and let the blood drain from my feet, then walk upon a WeeGee board in bare feet – and observe the foot prints for clues. Tiromancy also works.
Oh my! You are in rare form, my friend.

The crowned one

Fractal Firebird Tarot

I am a fan of fractals, but I guess you know that? ;)

I have a deck made by my brother, it has fractals on the backside of all the cards.

Took a look at the tarot deck, it is something else...literally.

Briar Rose

Umbrae said:
Tarocchi di Bacchus

QUOTE]

Hey Umbrae, how do you figure that one? I rarely drink wine.

Bat Chicken

Umbrae said:
For example my dearest BatChicken, you should get a Tarot of Magic Herbs. You’ll wonder why. You’ll put the deck away…you’ll pull it out…put it away, wonder some more…For you, this may be the One Hundred Years of Solitude of the Tarot world.
Thank you, Umbrae!
Sounds like an intense deck.... I love the idea of magical realism in Tarot and I have a deep interest in herbs, plants and trees.. I'll have to dig up my copy of the book as well, if I still have it... I am just so curious to see what this deck may bring! :)

Gavriela

Tarot de Paris - not normally my style for tarot, but it looks stunning, and I used to live in Paris. I remember some of those places.

On the list for the next tarot shopping trip.

lilangel09

After reading your responses I couldn't help but ask. I'm curious, what deck would you recommend to me? :)

Apocalipstick

Am I alone in finding all this enjoyable, yet slightly ridiculous?

I mean, choosing a deck, even when it seems like an arbitrary, in the moment decision, involves the full benefit of your accumulated experience, beliefs and sensibilities.

That's what's being given up when someone else makes this choice for you.

I'm not undercutting it. It looks fun, but there seems to be a slight farcical air about this whole thing.

Like next, the Great Man will be asked to predict the perfect spread-cloth color, tarot bag hue, type of incense to burn during readings, you name it.

The crowned one

Apocalipstick said:
Am I alone in finding all this enjoyable, yet slightly ridiculous?

I mean, choosing a deck, even when it seems like an arbitrary, in the moment decision, involves the full benefit of your accumulated experience, beliefs and sensibilities.

That's what's being given up when someone else makes this choice for you.

I'm not undercutting it. It looks fun, but there seems to be a slight farcical air about this whole thing.

Like next, the Great Man will be asked to predict the perfect spread-cloth color, tarot bag hue, type of incense to burn during readings, you name it.

Can he do that too???? ;)

Gavriela

I don't think so, Apocalipstick. It is a bit of fun. Unlike everybody else who got to be superstitious back in the day, nobody's ever picked out (or given!) a tarot deck to me. The randomness appeals, as does looking at decks I've not seen before.

Of course, if anyone is looking to give away historical tarots, please, feel free...

I need to stop buying them, though. Like now. But a lot got lost, and I'm having a rough month, and I seem to be getting asked to read a lot. All of which may be an excuse, but hey.