Symbolical paintings of LANGUSTL

Langustl

:thumbsup:, yes, this is Venus. Mars you found, I guess.

autumnsdaughter

These are amazing! I feel like they go so far beyond what most tarot decks so- just another version of the same image- yours goes way beyond that, so I feel like it effects me on a much deeper level!

Fantastic! :D

Langustl

I really thank you very much ;)

Langustl

Hi

Maybe you like this. It´s called "Zehn Schwerter", what means "Ten of Swords". I painted it for my ex-girlfriend. She changed her life in the last months from being very reasonable to becoming kind of crazy a bit. The ten birds let the heart go. It falls into the water and maybe nearly is drowning. I wish, that she will find the way back to a good mix.

http://www.langustl.de/bildergross/104zehnschwerter.html

Alta

oof, sorry, I missed your posting of the Chariot and now I see your latest. Thanks for even the brief comments on each card, they really help oriented the less-visual viewer.

First, the Chariot. Now that is interesting. The Chariot always shows as moving or with movement implied, but here you actually give the Charioteer a destination. I am not sure that I have seen that before, and the destination is metaphorical enough to let the user make his/her own conclusions. Excellent.

The second painting, also very evocative. Is that meant to be a card (7 of pentacles?) At any rate I think that most of us have experienced, in a symbolic sense, what you portray here.

I have enjoyed having a copy of your deck and it is gradually making your work more accessible to me.

Alta

Langustl

Hi Alta

All my paintings usually are familiar with Tarot or cardsymbolics. "Der Preis" really got a lot of the chariot. The last painting "Der Sumpf (swamp)" means avoiding temptation and following the way that leads to the fruit. What is it as a Tarot card or a combination of a few? ... hm .... Well, I think the 7 of cups is the one that fits the most.

Wings

Too much fun here

Aloha I'm back on line ,New eyes , new paintings and only working the gallery one night a week...
I love these "der sumpf" is so nice. . .the flow of the form and the colors is so pleasing...what size are these?
keep up the magic

Langustl

Hi Wings ;-)

Thank you, please insert links to let me see your paintings. The size of my paintings is written besides the images. Did you see the womans silhouette in the swamp?