What's the damage?

ilweran

lilith_in_tree said:
The BG is going to be used and loved, so I have no qualms about that. I might actually frame the Vertigo since I don't use it--that way at least I'll look at and enjoy it :D

When I finally get my own house, I'd like to scan some of the cards to print them out and frame them. I've scanned some already for a birthday card I made for my fiance a few years ago.

la-luna

ok make place make place here comes the really BIG ones
I have a weakness for really rare limited editions and OOP decks so my most paid was really painful
The most expensive was my Michael's Tarot - 2nd edition here it comes: $ 1000, my second most expensive was the Kashmir Tarot at $600

Le Fanu

Gosh. After this one, my spending seems like just loose change. The deck I spent the most on wasnt particularly expensive. But it was one of those moments when I saw a deck which Id been reading about here on AT. I was in a shop and thought "wouldnt it be nice if they had the Morgan Greer". I walked into the shop and there it was. I had one of those hyperventilating moments and just bought it. Didnt cost much ; 45 euros. Then when I thought about it afterwards and saw it on amazon etc, I realised Id been ripped off. Impulse buy etc. The reason I think of it as expensive is (here goes; Im going to offend everybody here) is that when I opened it, I just hated it. It does nothing for me. 45 euros isnt a lot, but when its a deck you just know you don´t like, it seems like a lot of money.

I know people say "trade it!" but I know that so often I come back to decks after years. Ive recently got into my Fergus Hall after 25 years. I hated that when I bought it too. So there is hope yet for my Morgan Greer with its 70s hues and dated moustaches.

Alta

:D la-luna, thanks for posting that, now the rest of us can post without embarrassment. The most I ever paid for a deck was around $300 USD for the Storm Tarot.

lark

Up until last week the most I had paid for a deck was $78.00 for my Illuminated~ medium irridecent deck.

But last week I found a Greenwood in mint condition...book and spread sheet included and paid $300.00 for it. (or hubby did ...it was a birthday gift from him.)

And to me it was worth every penny. :) so happy with it.

(come to think of it hubby bought me the Illuminated too...he spoils me.)

6 Haunted Days

So far $300 for The Shining Tribe limited edition Rachel Pollack handmakes and colours each one.....that'a being made for me right now.

Other higher cash decks were the Illuminated with Iridescent highlights. $145

The Victorian Gold at $50
3 copies of the Bohemian Gothic Silver's for a total of $150.

Drogi was $75
Norse $75
Fantasy Showcase $80
MAAT $110
Morgan Greer 1979 Morgan printing $50
Steele Wizard $70
Deidre of the Sorrows $60

Well, that's a few expensive decks! I actually have many more I paid $50 or more for......

la-luna said:
ok make place make place here comes the really BIG ones
I have a weakness for really rare limited editions and OOP decks so my most paid was really painful
The most expensive was my Michael's Tarot - 2nd edition here it comes: $ 1000, my second most expensive was the Kashmir Tarot at $600

Dayam girl!!! :bugeyed:

HearthCricket

Over 250.00 for my Greenwood, and worth every cent, IMO.

raeanne

The most expensive deck I ever bought was the Tarot of Prague Kit. I think I paid something like 60-70 dollars for it - can't remember for sure. I got it at a psychic fair...from the Tarot Garden booth! Very much worth the price I paid.

BlueLotus

I paid $200 for The Hero's Journey

I also paid about $110 and $80 for Maat and Tarot of Dreams respectively.

Gaian Majors' only deck cost me $80

Vesper

About $170 (with shipping) for the Alchemical. Six months later, rumor started to circulate that the deck was being reprinted. Now it appears it definitely will be.

This has cured me of my desire to obtain out of print decks. My new rule is: never pay more than the list price.

Of course, that leaves limited and art edition decks which are expensive to begin with...