The Liminal Tarot

rwcarter

It's cute and fun. But at almost $100 US, I'm going to have to pass on this one.

lightpers

The deck arrive today and i am so happy !

My first impression is surprised because i thought the size of the deck will be a tin like U.S Games Inc Tin size version but i am so happy again because it's in a large tin. If you have Druidcraft or Margarete Petersen, this deck has the similar size to the Liminal.

Yes, the deck is RWS and not in Thoth. The cards are large, wrapped in starry paper, and photo of photoshopped Pamela Colman Smith is reading with Rider Waite Smith Tarot and on the back i received handwrittten blessings from the creator of this deck :) ,

And the main part of my happiness is the illustrations, so beautiful , you are amazing, Pen!

and now i am sad because (sorry for getting off topic) now i want the OOP Wild Green Chagallian . Anyway thanks Madrigal for enabling me

gregory

Apart from the mention of Frieda Harris' LWB, I don't see anything ostensibly Thothy about it at all. Am I missing something? It looks quite original in its way but I really don't detect Thoth there.
Pen said somewhere that the Thoth thing is that she was inspired by the ART work of the Thoth, not by the system.

(Oh yeah - on her website !)

lightpers

Yes, it is a deck with RWS system after all, afraid of using it though because i haven't got the gut to get the back up copy yet

Kissa

That's a gorgeous deck. But then again so are all Pen's decks.
Can't afford it unfortunately.

Thoughtful

l agree its a lovely deck but like you out of my money comfort zone.

Went to her site and saw the Pen tarot, how beautiful it is but, sadly OOP. Wonder why she has not made a 2nd edition.

daphne

What about the cardstock? How is it? Thick, thin, laminated, would stand long use?

Patrick Booker

The cards are 5" x 3.5". They are laminated and are sturdy - I think they will last well. The cardstock is fairly thick - I stood it next to a Lo Scarabeo deck I happened to have near it and it was slightly thicker. The deck comes wrapped in a piece of blue paper covered with stars (I can't tell if they are gold or silver in the electric light) and in a decorated metal tin. A very nice product.

Patrick

Kissa

OK, I am seriously seriously considering buying this one, I don't know how I could get the money but I have dreamed of a 78-card Penelope Cline for a while.
Has somebody read with it?