Discerning sexuality using tarot

rainwolf

Sure-you can lay out cards and stop when you get to a major if you like.

Its not a hard system at all: just add all the minor cards numbers together, and simplify if over 22 to get to a major card. That is the "major arcana" card of the reading. Just dont use courts-that should make it a lot easier, but you can do whatever.

psychic sue

Why would you want to know someone's sexuality when reading?

Sue x

Sulis

I'm with Tarotbear and Psychic Sue on this one.

Why on earth would you want the tarot cards to tell you if someone is gay or not?

I think that asking the cards something like that is definately prying.

If you want to know bad enough and your 'gaydar' isn't telling you then ask the person, don't mess about with cards to find out something like that.

Sulis xx

Shade

Which card combinations indicate that the person you are reading for is straight?

This would be intriguing as I would hate to be making eyes across the cards turn over the X of X and think "Oh damn, another het."

rainwolf

probably the "opposites" of the cards stated, just masculine or feminine ones reflecting the character.

Rogan

Not too sure if this is right.

psychic sue

Just wanted to add, I (personally) don't think tarot cards are meant to be used for this type of thing. It's intrusive and adds nothing to the reading.

Sue x

MeeWah

I can understand from the point of view of being sensitive to a client's needs & not for any questionable intent.

The experience is that such information can be routinely or "involuntarily" included via the cards, which is oft how I find out. Just another example of how much the cards can reveal--sometimes more than either client or reader anticipates.

The crux is always how such information is used, as not always an issue within the context of a reading.

Shade

On a side note... when I first started reading the cards I read them quite often for one of my friends about his love life. And after a while I saw some of the pattern in the cards and thought, "Well Heavens to Murgatroid - the boy is gay." Now if I had just looked up and said "Hon you're a 'mo, be honest, live it up" it probably would not have gone very well. Instead I rather judiciously said, "You finally understand that for a log time you have been after the wrong type of person. Now that you have a better understanding of the kind of person you see yourself in a relationship with things are going to be develop for you. Take your time and explore this on your own schedule."

This worked out for him and he has been in a happy committed relationship for years while I still struggle to find someone who can stick around for more than a month. I hate irony, don't you?

MeeWah

Shade: That is a very sensitive & diplomatic way to communicate wise advice!

I had to approach a similar scenario with someone who had not come out to his family, colleagues nor to me though I read for him informally a couple of times. After receiving a formal e-mail reading, he realized I knew & very appreciative. The issues were the personal & business relationships, not life style per se. He then went on to make major decisions in those areas. As far as I know, he is very happy.

Hope ye find a fulfilling relationship, too. ((((((Shade))))))