Discerning sexuality using tarot

Sophie

It's really not anyone's business what someone else chooses to ask the tarot. We might think it daft, or intrusive, or not very useful in some circumstances, or unwise - but at the end of the day, a reading is a personal decision. A reading is hardly an assault.

As to the question asked - I am with those who think it might be tempting, but wouldn't give an answer I could trust. I think it's unwise, because it can feed all sorts of fantasies about why a relationship failed. Only a real conversation will answer certain questions. But still, not my business to censor anyone who thinks differently.

Rogan

Hacking someones email to see if they're getting emails from "guys" is a personal choice...

Or sitting out the front of someones house to see if he's bringing guys home late at night is a personal choice...

But in my opinion, both choices are as intrusive as using the cards to discern sexuality... If one hasn't got the courage to ask the guy in person and confront him on the issue, then one shouldn't use cards to to find out for them...

Sure, if you're actually giving a reading for the guy who's confused or asking questions about HIS personal direction and choices in life, then of course use the cards... But for personal insight into anothers private life? Im in the "No" camp for that one...

Sophie

For crying out loud! reading tarot is not hacking or going through someone's personal drawers. It's simply nowhere as intrusive. It's such a fantasy to think we have that power - a fantasy we see repeated in all these ethical threads. Most people aren't good enough readers to see beyond generalities - true psychics are rare and most don't need cards to see things! Nine times out of ten, the cards show us what we already know, but are hiding from ourselves or haven't yet brought to consciousness. The tenth time the cards read like nonsense. Do you see someone's underwear or bank account number in the cards? :rolleyes:

Moongold

Helvetica said:
For crying out loud! reading tarot is not hacking or going through someone's personal drawers. It's simply nowhere as intrusive. It's such a fantasy to think we have that power - a fantasy we see repeated in all these ethical threads. Most people aren't good enough readers to see beyond generalities - true psychics are rare and most don't need cards to see things! Nine times out of ten, the cards show us what we already know, but are hiding from ourselves or haven't yet brought to consciousness. The tenth time the cards read like nonsense. Do you see someone's underwear or bank account number in the cards? :rolleyes:
Spot on :).

Rogan

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, girls.

Sophie

Rogan said:
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, girls.
hehe - sure you are :) I disagree with it - but would argue against anyone who said you were not entitled to it (and to say it out loud). And I promise not to hack your private business with my tarot cards :D

Rosanne

Helvetica said:
It's such a fantasy to think we have that power - a fantasy we see repeated in all these ethical threads. Most people aren't good enough readers to see beyond generalities

Yay I finally believe in a God!! Why? because finally someone has said the above. Thank you ! I no longer need to scream at the screen."Daft! Youre all Daft!" ~Rosanne

Sulis

Helvetica said:

Well said Helvetica - as always you're the voice of common sense and reason :)

You go girl :)

Sulis xx

Alta

Yes, and thanks too from me Helvetica. Good grief, cards are not that specific. If you get a bank account number, well you're psychic and possibly cannot even control what you receive.

Dwaas

Helvetica said:
But still, not my business to censor anyone who thinks differently.

Hi Helvetica,
I am at the "no"-side but I don't remember that I tried to censor anybody. Neither do I remember that others tried. Thought I read opinons which is rather interesting, even more when I don't agree.

Helvetica said:
For crying out loud! reading tarot is not hacking or going through someone's personal drawers. It's simply nowhere as intrusive. It's such a fantasy to think we have that power - a fantasy we see repeated in all these ethical threads. Most people aren't good enough readers to see beyond generalities

True. Agree totally. BUT when only a lack of ability prevends from going "through someone's dwawers' I have questions with the intention of trying. Well, as said before, just an opinion, no censorship or whatsoever. Thanks for your opinion anyway. Others are right, your writings are always interesting at least. Aparently my voice is no part of the "common sense and reason". ;)

Blessings