Etsy Decks

Laura Borealis

(and yes, I know regretsy - isn't that the place that sells unicorn horns for your cat and things? Jesus wept...)

Regretsy was a satire blog. Retired now, sadly. It was dedicated to mocking the most hilariously bad stuff on Etsy. "DIY meets WTF." Funny stuff (they put out a tarot, too - I didn't get one)

nisaba

But I must overcome my prejudice one day when I'm not too busy. Isn't there (also) loads of laughable home-made stuff on etsy? Stuff made by people who can't do anything else?

<holding a straight face> What I am about to mention didn't come from Etsy but direct from the hand-crafter, as she is a friend of mine and it would have been silly to list it on Etsy for me to buy there.

It's an all-synthetic, crocheted aborted foetus, complete with umbilical cord in organic realistic colours. I did some experimenting, and now it is "preserved" in a pickling jar. I used diluted coca-cola as my fake formaldehyde, and it is remarkably convincing.

I tried and tried to get her to make twenty of them and sell them online for a fortune ...

Le Fanu

oh nisaba! That is priceless. Who wants to talk about tarot decks when one can ponder things like this?

nisaba

I've often glanced at it and wondered if your cabinet had just such a curiosity in it ...

nisaba

<cackle> You know, it is extra warmth to add to your beanie, plus you look like an idiot but you don't look as if you are about to commit a crime, as you do when donning the classic black balaclava, and your face is pretty well unrecognisable. <imagines self walking into a bank wearing one>

gregory

Le Fanu, you should check out Regretsy. ;)

Also, you do own the Charissa Steampunk deck, she sold those on Etsy, but also sold them here. So, it's sort of like you do own an Etsy product. :D It's still my favorite of the Steampunk decks.
I have a Regretsy tarot actually. It's rather fun :D

Clotho

I have bought The Sola Busca Revisited and The Original Steampunk Tarot from Etsy.
I like both of the decks.

HighPriestess

I've bought the Steampunk Fairy Oracle, the Stolen Child Tarot, and the Attuned: A Moon Cycle Deck from Etsy. I've had a good experience so far, but it's impossible to generalize. Most sellers are happy to talk to you about their products though, so if you have a concern you can message them and see if they reply back.

Clotho

Are American people on holidays now? (I am living in Taiwan.)
Actually I bought both of The Sola Busca Revisited and The Original Steampunk Tarot on the same day last month (11 Nov.). About 2 weeks later, I received Sola Busca, however until now I haven't got the Steampunk. During this one-month time, I wrote 3 messages and emails to Ms. Charissa Drengsen, but she didn't reply at all. I learn from this forum that she is a nice and professional person, so I am confused. The package is sent by USPS and once it is out of the US, it is "untrackable". I have surfed in the internet and discovered that most people criticize USPS for not bothering to scan packages at every step. I am quite sad and worried. Can anyone give me some suggestion please?

2014/12/16 update
Ms. Drengsen emailed me yesterday by saying that the parcel was rejected by the postman and someone kept it for her but forgot to tell her. Finally, she will send the deck to me again. I am quite happy for this result.