Boyfriend burned my tarot card!!

DesertDream

Oh dear ! What a complete idiot ! He tries to psyche someone out with his homebrand black magic / witchcraft and includes his fingerprints in the picture ! ? ! ? :bugeyed:

COL (Chuckling Out Loud )

LOL! What a spoiled brat the devil!

MissChiff

My Scorpio nature would be to scare the piss out of him!

earthair

Here is the picture he sent form the night we broke up.

Ok aside from the wierd dreams I've been getting telling me to find out more, there's a reason I asked- on that card there are 3 people, the devil and the man and woman.

Out of multiple choices of which way to hold and burn the card [flat, sideways, upsidedown, back of card facing camera] he chose to hold it upright, and burn the man of the couple (representing himself) first.

I don't believe in accidents.

In some ways this is good news for you because if he has chosen to burn the woman first, it tells you he may have bad intentions towards you. If he had burnt the devil's head first then it might represent the cleansing-out of bad energy he fears. Burning himself is a clear removal of himself from the relationship, but on a deeper level can be linked to possible self harm.

Therefore please tread carefully and I retract my support of sending further cards by post!

Gbgirl1705

Man, sorry to hear about your deck that you cherished. Do you know exactly why he did that? Hes not worth gum on a sidewalk if he treats you or your things this way. Glad you broke up. Id get a new deck. Some tarots have a privacy feel to them fron their owner and once its touched with ill intent then i wouldnt want it. Its not nessasary of course to buy another but i think youd be better to use something that hasent been tainted. Better for you mentally especially since your new to tarot.

I think the reason was to hurt me and to express some kind of weird, distaste for my new found passion. I don't think being belligerently drunk helped his decision making process that evening either!! I only date the classy ones.......Just Saying!

Assena

Ok aside from the wierd dreams I've been getting telling me to find out more, there's a reason I asked- on that card there are 3 people, the devil and the man and woman.

Out of multiple choices of which way to hold and burn the card [flat, sideways, upsidedown, back of card facing camera] he chose to hold it upright, and burn the man of the couple (representing himself) first.

I don't believe in accidents.

In some ways this is good news for you because if he has chosen to burn the woman first, it tells you he may have bad intentions towards you. If he had burnt the devil's head first then it might represent the cleansing-out of bad energy he fears. Burning himself is a clear removal of himself from the relationship, but on a deeper level can be linked to possible self harm.

Therefore please tread carefully and I retract my support of sending further cards by post!

This is really interesting, I should keep a dream journal, it's just difficult to write something as soon as you wake up, I need to get used to it.

gregory

So many of you would get rid of the deck? Really? Hmm. I figured the deck didn't do anything wrong - and you're both without a devil now :thumbsup: But hey, do whatever feels right -it's your intentions that matter, not the cards.
I would keep it and try for a spare devil in the thread here. The cards weren't to blame, and a good deck is a good deck -use the deck and shame the devil . There's a saying like that but I can't recall it just now. But if you don't use it, the bf has won. Not what I'd want to happen!

Suchos

The Devil also symbolizes the Anima and the Animus... The feminine and the masculine side of life which is dominated by the shadow side of the self. The devil in the card represents the shadow self. He was your boyfriend, so he was the animus, and you were the anima, speaking on the physical level. He just gave himself and your relationship away to the shadow self. But never, ever blame yourself or him. There's this quote that I really, really love; ''If you are really aware, every soul is a mirror.''

I hope you'll do good with your new deck. Bonne chance.

celticnoodle

I would keep it and try for a spare devil in the thread here. The cards weren't to blame, and a good deck is a good deck -use the deck and shame the devil . There's a saying like that but I can't recall it just now. But if you don't use it, the bf has won. Not what I'd want to happen!

what she said.

your ex is a real jackass. keep the deck, keep your good feelings towards this deck and love it all the more for helping you to get rid of a real a$$hole. This deck did you a big favor! You should honor this deck for that alone! You'll find another card to use in place of the original Devil card. You may want to check in the box for this deck and in the meanwhile just use the extra cards in place of the Devil until you can find one. But don't think his actions has dirtied the cards.

First of all they are cards. You loved them. his actions are what you should hate. not the cards. Continue to use them. I know card readers who take the Devil card out of the deck and then use it to do readings. They don't like the Devil card, as they see it totally as a bad card, (it isn't)--so *shrugs*--continue reading with it w/o the Devil card.

Whatever works for you.