TAROT Deck - Completely Revised Sola Busca from XV Century

greatdane

I was thinking of that too, Moonbear

My dog is voting that he be on the backs in a period costume, but I'm thinking no....seriously though how great is it to be able to personalize the backs of a deck?!

seven stars

Hi....people, listen, thank you and I'm so so embarrased & sorry for the drama. END.

I don't have time to be online very much today - way too much to do, but I wanted to mention some things about the deck, things I wanted you to know, since I know it's like a weird mystery to be talking about a deck only a few people have seen yet & maybe open it up for discussion & when I get time later I'll try to answer anything. I know if you guys were revising this deck, you would have probably done it differently & probably even better....

(1) You already know the difficulty that went on with the major arcana. I did NOT put titles on ANYTHING. I tried, and I wasn't happy with the way it looked. It completely detracted, no matter how I tried to fade the lettering, use old fonts, anything. I even tried cutting out all the letters existing on the cards & re-using them individually and it didn't look right. My advice is, study the cards before you shuffle them. Get to know which cards are the Major Arcana even, so you don't get confused later.

(2) All the cards ARE numbered. But, the artist had an interesting way of numbering things. All of the "2's" look like ~ . Just something to know.

(3) I took off all the names and most of the writing. It did look cool, just as an ancient handwritten font, however, there was so much of it and a lot of them were people's names, and I really just didn't think that applied today.

(4) Several places in the deck I left the latin phrase "Trahor Fatis" - I left it because I like it & even added it to the new High Priestess. It means, drawn by fate. It just seemed appropriate.

(5) I don't know wtf was up with that freaking shield that's all over the deck but it must have been done with some type of paint that completely disintigrated, and as a result some of the pips had this ugly huge thickly outlined grey blob in the middle, like the Ace of Coins. It was just too ugly. I edited it out & just let the cup remain, but that left the problem that the Ace of cups looks a hella lot like the 2 of cups. The distinction: Ace has a .1. & cups has a .~. (2) Plus, the Ace has an angel pouring out water (cup runneth over) and for the 2 I made 2 cherubs playing music (in harmony with each other, equals, etc)

(6) Empress - I think I mentioned (among all the other changes to the card) I gave her a baby, didn't I?

(7) Who is the hanged man? That's the guy from the Lover's card, which, I thought was ironically funny to hang him up to dry....

(8) XIV - Temperance, between one extreme and another....he may even be between male & female at this point.

(9) I'd really like to talk with people about the interpretations of the pips & maybe try a reading with someone using the deck, because I haven't even had time to try it out yet.

moonbear

My dog is voting that he be on the backs in a period costume, but I'm thinking no....seriously though how great is it to be able to personalize the backs of a deck?!
Never thought of our doggies, greatdane :joke: Infact, other than my name and perhaps a fancy monogram I haven't thought of much! I'm a completely unimaginative person lol when it comes to this kind of thing.
But it would make a lovely present for someone wouldn't it? Their own name on the backs?

I'm going to have to go back to seven stars' Etsy site and see what the personalisation involves.

rylla

It is great! You don't have to make it yours, it IS yours, feels yours from the moment you get it (does this make any sense?). And you are part of creating the back of the deck :)

...and you just gave me a great idea! I am going to put my cat's picture on it. He passed away half a years ago. This way I'd feel he is with me (and HE reveals what the cards tell me :)

MoonGypsy

...and you just gave me a great idea! I am going to put my cat's picture on it. He passed away half a years ago. This way I'd feel he is with me (and HE reveals what the cards tell me :)

Oh Rylla...the tears are flowing; you and i and our cats...:* i remember...

And..Great Dane lost her beloved cat,too...sorry, i digress from the thread topic.

Whoops, i just realized i am on the wrong thread...:p It's the Deck of the Bastard that is calling my name...sorry!

Tasaulkah

I simply cannot wait for payday (1 more week!) until I can purchase one of these magnificent decks, The Deck of the Bastard. I commend Seven Stars for the beauty and time that has been out into what I believe is indeed a restoration. Perhaps, it may not been deemed a historical restoration, but as a matter of technicality, I feel this is An Artistic restoration. I have never seen available for the average tarot lover a deck such as this, at this price, via these means and with customization for the backs, fronts and personalization. It appears that she (or he...Apologies, if I'm mistaken) created a deck of this kind because one was not readily available. This art was then kindly offered to the tarot community. I think artistic license for an ancient relic can be factored in here. I for one am thoroughly excited to purchase this deck for use and truly thank you for spending so much time in its creation!

Where might I find a YouTube video? Feel free to PM me with the link.

Many thanks again!

seven stars

Tasaulkah - that was really nice of you to say, thank you. I was uber rushy busy today but I did grab my boyfriend long enough to borrow his iphone to make the video of the cards and it was too LONG to send on his phone. Was in a rush to pick up daughter from school so I just didn't have time to redo it shorter but provided he doesn't have big plansssss during the day for V-day tomorrow (**S**) I'm going to redo it, just want to show close-ups, how they shuffle, how they look laid out next to each other....this is probably going overboard & people don't "do" this....forgive me I am so far removed in real life from anyone else who does anything like Tarot or Etsy or card making, etc besides me, that I'm making this up as I go along with what makes sense to me.

rylla - I'll pm you my email, if you will send me a photo of your cat & I'll do something nifty with it & you can at least have the image till you decide if you want it on a deck? I can do lots of interesting things with photos....

seven stars

video

This video is terrible. Whatever - my boyfriend kept wandering around with the camera & I was quickly spreading the cards so the video wouldn't be too long to upload, then he didn't have the patience to redo it. So, this is it for now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrNZa8Eb7-I

OH....I just logged into my printer & they're offering free international shipping for President's day all week....I'd pass this on to anyone outside the US who wants either of my decks,, it's $10 off.

MoonGypsy

The Video shows off the cards well! They sure have increased the enabling for me personally! i love the sound of shuffling...:p

rylla

Lots of apologies, seven star (she sent me the picture of the back of my personalised cards, and, since she is the artist, I wrote her back to feel free to post it on AT), but I can't wait, I am just too excited about the card-back, I just HAVE to post it, to share ...

I was wondering how this picture of my cat, Shimy (first attachment) could be fit into an old design, worrying about the contrast between the picture and an old-looking card-back design- how they won't match, so on.

Seven star made an unbelievable good work! All I can say is:WOW!

See for yourself in the second attachment. Hope you like it, I am crazy about it :)

Attachments

• IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 178
  • ryllacat.jpg
    ryllacat.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 164