The Biggest Bust of 2012 ?

greatdane

I agree with those who have said to listen to your gut and not other people, even people whose opinion you respect, because tarot decks are so subjective. For me, it was the Wildwood. Just didn't resonate with it when I got it. I thought because I really enjoyed Worthington's art, saw quite a few scans, that somehow this would work. It didn't.

Calcifer

Same here. I was completely taken with the scans I'd seen of the Wildwood; but when I got it, there was nothing there. I just couldn't connect with it at all. I ended up giving to a friend that had bought one of my Stairs of Gold - just because she had mentioned seeing and liking it (kinda like an added bonus). I don't miss the thing either, but I'm glad it got a good home...lol.

Michael

Alamaris

The Darkana. I wanted to love it, especially so that I could prove that all the negativity surrounding the deck's release was bunk, but it was not to be. I wanted dark humor and badassery, and what I got was somewhat...less so.

I authentically like most of the deck, more's the pity. I just can't deal with the remainder. (The Cups suit is predominantly alcoholic imagery, which, while clever, is enormously triggery.)

Bhavana

Ghosts and Spirits was kind of a disappointment, as was Crystal Visions - but then, I knew I'd probably be disappointed before I even got them, for different reasons. I really wanted to like Ghosts and Spirits, but the cards are too similar and too busy, and I can't be bothered having to look up every other one to try and figure out what's going on.

Glad I didn't get the MaryEl. Yes, it looked beautiful in the scans - but i knew I'd never use it.

Glitterbird

Mary El was not what I expected, the art was amazing but I just didn't jive with it.

SixDegrees

I might get tomatoes thrown- but I would have to say the Mary-El.

Not because of the art, it is stunning. But because of the horrible cardstock that Schiffer used that made it impossible for me to even keep.

So sad- as that was a deck I very much wanted to love and use. :(

Agreed. Gorgeous art, but the cardstock is so off-putting that I got rid of mine pretty quickly.

And I have to agree with the Ghosts & Spirits. Lots of promise there, but like many Lisa Hunt creations, it seemed to get bogged down--rather than bolstered--by its gimmick. I found a number of associations/assignments to be quite confusing.

Chiriku

Wow, lots of getting rid of decks whose art one loves simply due to the card stock. I confess I have never understood this and still don't; it boggles my mind. Granted, it's probably the part of the mind that is "collector"-y and instinctively holds on to things.

No busts for me this past year because for the second year in a row, I only bought decks I had researched carefully and/or knew I liked before clicking "Pay Now."

VGimlet

Crystal Visions. I thought I would like it a lot, and it was...not my cup of tea. In fact, if it was tea, it had 15 lumps in it. Which is about 13 too many for me, on a sweet day.

Miss Divine

Crystal Visions. I thought I would like it a lot, and it was...not my cup of tea. In fact, if it was tea, it had 15 lumps in it. Which is about 13 too many for me, on a sweet day.

I usually don't use this deck when I read for myself, but this is the one most young people request I use because it looks so sweet. :D

Miss Divine

Wow, lots of getting rid of decks whose art one loves simply due to the card stock. I confess I have never understood this and still don't; it boggles my mind. Granted, it's probably the part of the mind that is "collector"-y and instinctively holds on to things.

No busts for me this past year because for the second year in a row, I only bought decks I had researched carefully and/or knew I liked before clicking "Pay Now."

Oh yes, the cardstock is a huge issue for me included. Finally, someone took the Kingdom within off my hands and you have no idea how happy that made me. :laugh: Huge, sticky, super glossy, just plain ICK! They would've made good coasters though!