The Biggest Bust of 2012 ?

tarotbear

Got your attention - didn't it? :p

No - no mammary glands here - in your opinion what deck was the most-hyped deck of 2012 and when you finally got it ~ was immediately disappointed by it?

Tarotwolf

Tarotbear - only a kindred spirit could possibly refer to "busts" as mammary glands! A news story of a drug bust involving tarot cards was the first thing that popped into my head!

Miss Divine

I know I will sound very boring to many here, but I only bought 3 decks that came out in 2012. Those were the Crystal Visions, Dreaming Way and Dark Fairytale.
I actually like them all. So no bummers for me lately. :p

I now only buy what my gut tells me to buy, not what 99% of the rest of the people do.
Almost every time I have done that, I was disappointed and ended up usually giving the deck away to a friend or having to sell it off cheap.

Alta

Darkana. I know there was lots of concern about the whole delivery thing, but outside of that, I honestly expected this deck really would be 'badass' and humorous. Not.

Miss Divine

Darkana. I know there was lots of concern about the whole delivery thing, but outside of that, I honestly expected this deck really would be 'badass' and humorous. Not.

That's the thing! People are always shamelessly enabling here. So glad I don't get swayed easily anmore! :D

Zephyros

It's amazing that although I was homeless all year (not any more!!!) I managed to get two decks, more than several past years combined!

The Hermetic I bought for myself, and I suppose it could be considered a bust, as the artwork wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. However, I purchased it for study purposes, and don't shuffle it (also it wasn't released this years)

The no less than magnificent Azathoth I received, but it couldn't be considered a bust since I love it. So that's alright. Although I wonder if it is a bust in that it is under appreciated. As far as I'm concerned it is one of the best decks to come out ever.

Tarotwolf

The Book of Shadows: As Above deck. Lots of hype, no substance. (I like LS decks but this did absolutely nothing for me.) This cocept could have had so much potential.

Richard

If there's a lot of hype about a particular deck, for me that's a warning sign not to get it. That has been my policy ever since I bought Legacy of the Divine, and it has not let me down yet. The only deck I bought in 2012 was totally unhyped, the BOTA, and it is a winner!

Grizabella

I'm so far behind everyone else in the number of decks I've been able to get that I don't even know what decks came out in 2012. I'm thrilled with my "new" decks from 2006 or so that I was able to get ( finally! ) in 2012. :p But if you all can excuse my backwardness, the one I wanted so badly to like and bought brand new, which is almost unheard of for me, that was a total flop for me was the Wildwood. Even the cardstock disappointed me because it felt just like the VR cardstock, which went floppy with any amount of shuffling. I don't know if it's a 2012-published deck, but that's when I was able to get it.

Carla

Two busts for me:

Crystal Visions
Book of Shadows Vol 1

I traded the first and sold the second for a fiver, I was that keen to get rid of it.