Witches of East End - tarot deck used?

tarotbear

'The Cloak' , 'The Imposter' - sounds a tad influenced by 'The Stockholm Octavo.'

I'd say these are a composite of several old decks but no one single deck.

Rhinemaiden

Another pocket for Glass Owl's spy coat! Thanks for the second screen cap... :D

Rhinemaiden

'The Cloak' , 'The Imposter' - sounds a tad influenced by 'The Stockholm Octavo.'

I'd say these are a composite of several old decks but no one single deck.

I'm inclined to agree... that hanged man looks familiar...

auntie

I had an email exchange with their "tarot consultant." He says that it's an incomplete deck created by the props dept from several different sources and yes, there are some created cards. I def recognize the Scapini Hanged Man, though they've made changes.

Rhinemaiden

I had an email exchange with their "tarot consultant." He says that it's an incomplete deck created by the props dept from several different sources and yes, there are some created cards. I def recognize the Scapini Hanged Man, though they've made changes.

Auntie...thank you for the info! And, for your valiant effort, a pocket for your spy coat! :D

Glass Owl

That's awesome sleuthing, auntie!

While the result is very interesting, it's a shame they didn't use an original deck and one that was available for purchase. It would have given an artist some money and us a deck that we could purchase.

kalliope

Thanks for the information and the detective work, auntie!

I've had this on my list for a while, and I just saw the Kindle book is very cheap, so I bought it. Did you enjoy it?

nisaba

They look very, very similar to the Hudes deck. In fact, so similar that I've a nasty feeling it might be the Hudes, worked-over to escape copyright. Has anyone told Susan Hudes?