Face card confusion

snowgurlh

Still learning! I'm confused when I do a past present future reading ..... Say you pull a queen swords for present and an emperor for the future would you address those face cards as a person or address those cards as the situation? I have a hard time addressing queen swords as 'present', I keep wanting to read her as someone.

danieljuk

This is why Court Cards are a little tricky, they can represent the person you are reading for, someone in their life (and could meet in a future position), qualities they need to take on and also a situation. I think you have to go with how you feel about it and how it fits!

In your spread first of all think of the question or topic you are reading on because it should relate back to that or is it a general reading? If I got your reading come up, I would compare the Queen of Swords in the present situation and the Emperor in the future. For example, if this is a love or romance reading she is the Queen of Swords at the moment (single, maybe widowed, independent) but in future she might meet an Emperor figure who would change her Queen of Swords energy. That's just one example and they can be tricky to work out, it's true.

Go with how you feel about it and anything you notice in the pictures! :)

snowgurlh

Thank you for the response. Question was *X and X* past present future. Romance question yes. When the court card popped up I was confused how to address. Still confused [emoji4] I can understand the emperor pertaining to the future on his terms but the queen throws me off.

danieljuk

You might want to post your reading (in full) in the Your Readings section (read the rules about posting at the top, you need to have a go at coming up with your own ideas / interpretation for each card first). Others on the forum will then interpret the reading and give you their ideas. I always post a reading there when I get stuck or confused in this way. You might not agree with the different opinions but it might inspire you about the court card in the middle. Sometimes in my readings experience, you have to get different impartial opinions :)

snowgurlh

Yea that's Is a good idea but I was steering away from my original question at hand which was

Do court cards get represented as the person or someone they know or read court cards in the context of a situation?
Thank you for answering and I don't want to get in trouble for trying to get a feed back from a read here. That's not what my intentions were

electricaluser

Still learning! I'm confused when I do a past present future reading ..... Say you pull a queen swords for present and an emperor for the future would you address those face cards as a person or address those cards as the situation? I have a hard time addressing queen swords as 'present', I keep wanting to read her as someone.
Want does lead to confusion.

Laurelle

There was an interesting thread about how and when to read court cards as people when you do a three card spread. You might want to search for it.

80% of the time I read court cards as people in a longer spread. If it's a general question and I pull one card, it may indicate the situation.

It's a difficult call. One that you have to intuitively feel out.

Queen of Swords in a romantic reading almost always indicates sorrow and being alone. Even if it's representing you, you can see how the situation would be that you will be single. It's the only queen that isn't married.

I can see how the Emperor and the Queen of Swords would clash. Their might be a power struggle because both want to be in charge.

Laurelle

Also, for you, how would you interpret the Queen of Swords as a person vs. a situation? The same goes for the Emperor. Do you see qualities of yourself in the Queen of Swords? Do you know anyone with Emperor qualities?

Major cards aren't court cards though... They can represent people. The Emperor also says, "Structure, follow through..."

snowgurlh

Electricaluser very good point . 'Want' which is not reading.
Laurelle after stewing on it all night I guess the only difference in queen of swords as a person vs queen swords as a situation is the flesh.
The card itself still holds the same meanings .. Mind, no games , sharp, intellectual thinking about the situation.

I Also agree In a longer more in depth reading, court cards are someone for sure. In a smaller reading as I did, I would take the card as a situation but remind the querant or myself to recognize the traits of the court cards and act or warn myself of the behavior accordingly.
Thank you

Amanda

Queen is probably a female trying to make her case for the Emperor to let her back 'in' to the relationship. Emperor seems 'firm' in his answer in the future.

Just some thoughts!