Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

Stormdancer

BlueDragonfly said:
Say that fast, 5 times! :bugeyed:
I can do that...raised on "Fox & Sox"...
I am Mistress of tongue twisters....um..er...
WHOA....that sounds SO bad....:(

Oddity

gregory said:
And now...

*drumroll*

The Frankenspawn.

Isn't it NEAT ? (I was lonely !)
OH! It is LOVELY!

I want to have a little Frankenspawn too! :D

nisaba

Stormdancer said:
I am Mistress of tongue twisters....um..er...
WHOA....that sounds SO bad....:(
<diffidently> Oh, I dunno - sounds kinda promising, to me.

nisaba

Oddity said:
OH! It is LOVELY!

I want to have a little Frankenspawn too! :D
I think that is a secret desire of everyone who will not win the Original And Best.

Can anyone say ... mass production? A print-run of 34?

photokat

nisaba said:
Ah. Now I get it.

Why the hideous backs?

Yeah, WHY????

I mean .... *cough cough* .....

gregory

Le Fanu said:
Congratulations gregory! They look wonderful - OK, imminent dumb question, beware! - are those done on the tarotee blank cards?
No.
how do they go into the printer?
They stop it dead in its tracks, I expect - I love my printer - a gift from my colleagues when I retired !!! :bugeyed: :love: - so did not attempt it. I can't IMAGINE where they would vanish to - it's a laser with Mysterious Insides !
Or do you have A4 sheets with the tarotee pattern on the back?
Not HAVE exactly - printed off. Why that pattern - as being traditional in tarot, as not using TOO much ink, especially not yellow ;) (I need some more of that) as easy to make into one sheet and (crucially) because I had already created the sheet for those who later buy the Myce pdfs after the - *ahem* draw :D - those cards, being hand drawn on a USG blank deck, actually HAVE those backs, and so anyone printing it off will need it.

It looks so good!
It does. And anyone who wants to do it - all participants will be getting scans from WendyWu in the end with the PROPER backs (I am crap at lining them up; another reason for a solid sheet) - so - go for it. It's easy enough - and at worst you can run whatever backs you like in any print shop and then put those sheets through your own printer.

No, I will not run off loads. Lillie is special to me. I am trying to bribe her to come and stay again. And she gave me an OUTRAGEOUSLY special deck recently. One from an original run that even its CREATOR didn't have !

gregory

Cat* said:
Except plush sheep, of course. He also likes trees. And public transport. Or whatever else you like to show him. ;)
He does like public transport - I forgot that. Look how he was about Lillie and the bus ! And trees. And big rocks. And gravestones })
ETA: I wanted to make him a her, but it didn't work. Frankenspawn seems to be a boy (or maybe a very boyish girl?).
Odd isn't it - Frankie IS male too. I think even the earliest journal entries found that ! This is one STRANGE experience !

Wendywu

gregory said:
And anyone who wants to do it - all participants will be getting scans from WendyWu in the end with the PROPER backs

You get the scans when Frankie leaves your country. If you pm me with your snail mail addy I will send a CD with ultra (really ultra) hi-res scans of front and back. You can choose from actual size - all odd shapes and sizes, or standardised for easy printing. Standardised on the fairly large size - not as big as his biggest card, but not like his small ones either. Because of the resolution, there will be no loss of clarity in the image. Just make sure I know...

Which reminds me - I'll get yours in the post if you tell me what sort you want Gregory...

Also - waiting to hear from Le Fanu, Cat*, Aulruna and Oddity - if you want scans that is.....

gregory

Ooh yes sorry - should have mentioned the after your leg of the trip thing :| You have PM.... Please don't hit me :D