Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

gregory

*checks Cat*'s profile to see what needs to visit*

Le Fanu

nicole said:
Anything anyone wants to see? :)
Cocktails in Raffles Hotel? isn't that in Singapore? A Singapore Sling?

He'd LOVE that!

Oddity

Oh Wendywu! So sorry to hear about little Gussie! :(

nicole_

So far, I've got these in the wishlist:

The hawker centres? The braziers for the satays (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satay), BBQ steamboat buffets , porkrib in tea (bakut teh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bak_kut_teh) , or claypot rice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claypot_rice)? Oh, I'll try to let Frankie sample as many of these as possible.

Fish eye soup? I've actually never heard of such, they were pulling your leg, but we do have steamed fish whose eyes go to the most precious guest :D I've never been able to even make myself try them but I see people clamour for those eyes. Perhaps innards soup? I don't take those stuff either, but I can easily get another Singaporean to share that with Frankie.

Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel? I could try to get him one; maybe not from the overpriced Raffles Hotel but maybe somewhere cheaper. But then again, Raffles Hotel is a nice place to visit. I'd like to see the stuffed tiger under the snooker table the hotel is famous for. How old is Frankie? I think the minimal age for alcohol in Singapore is 18yrs of age....

Is it all food? Frankie is going to put on weight for the rest of his journey! :D

gregory

At least SHOW him (and us !) Raffles....

No - he loves to see a variety of supermarkets - but he doesn't eat EVERYTHING he sees in them. And to LOOK at restaurants and so on.

And he seems to like flowers a lot, and old things. But he isn't keen on sheep. And he likes to get into your life. He wants to know how we all live, and he loves the differences he is seeing. (This all reads very weird... but it's all true - isn't it, hostesses !)

nicole_

Ya! That's an excellent idea. Let Frankie visit Sir Stamford Raffles. They might even strike up a conversation; knowing Frankie :)

Supermarkets are also in the list. I get such a kick looking at him pretending to be a pineapple and riding in supermarket trolleys of all colour themes.

I'd be working like crazy the week he is here, so he'd have to tag along where ever I go. I'd have to eat too, so he comes along. If he promises to be good, I will not offer him to the indian chef to make "paper prata".

gregory

He makes no promises.... What was it someone said - naughty ten year old....

Wendywu

I think downright nosey about our lives sums it up.

And yes, he wants to see everything he possibly can. It's the little ways in which our lives differ that interest him (and us!)

Naughty ten year old, with a bump of curiosity the size of an ostrich egg.....

gregory

Too right. He even came with me to have a bath. But NOT the toilet ! (well, except public toilets - I mean, what are you going to do ? He liked the one in Pooley Bridge best ! It is rather fun.)

gregory

And now...

*drumroll*

The Frankenspawn.

Isn't it NEAT ? (I was lonely !)

Attachments

• Frankenspawn.jpg
    Frankenspawn.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 82