Raven and Crow Decks

MoonGypsy

More hands than ravens in the deck! Interesting, and well drawn, but...eh! Disappointing :(
Thanks for posting the tumblr log, Laura!

True...disappointing from A Raven's deck point of view...but i still find it
kind of interesting...
those borders have GOT to go, though...:bugeyed:
At first glance without really studying the pics, it strikes me more as
an Oracle, rather than Tarot...

MoonGypsy

Not this one though - The Raven's Journey on Gamecrafter. Good name, but the photoshopped style doesn't appeal to me.

i agree...i discovered that one when it first went up on gamecrafter.
It registered an instant "Oh Ratz"...otherwise, i would have ordered it right
then and there. [cuz i had the money for it then]...i was so disappointed, i completely
forgot about it until now....:p

Laura Borealis

One of the deck ideas that knocks around in my head is a corvid deck. Crows, but also magpies and blue jays and jackdaws and so forth. So you see, I had an agenda in asking. I hoped that someone else had done it, so I don't have to learn to draw birds. :p

Arimaya

That does sound cool Laura!

Padma

One of the deck ideas that knocks around in my head is a corvid deck. Crows, but also magpies and blue jays and jackdaws and so forth. So you see, I had an agenda in asking. I hoped that someone else had done it, so I don't have to learn to draw birds. :p

Do it! I would buy it! :love:

PirateQueen

Do eeet! I would totally buy a corvid deck in a heartbeat!

Madrigal

It isn't out yet, but I spotted this the other day:

http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738747439

:) :) :)

Lots of images for this here. I like the premise, being a crow and raven lover myself. But the orange borders don't work for me. I was excited for a moment by the Raven's Dream Tarot and while it's lovely I want my birds black.

I'm envisioning a deck with mostly b&w etchings and design (think VR) but with some added watercolor washes here and there.

PCO has a handful of cards with ravens and crows.

ETA How could I forget owls?! They need to be in the crow~raven deck, too.

MoonGypsy

i found a few more with a spattering of Crows/Ravens[and Owls, etc] depicted in a few cards:

Tarot of the Hidden Realm

Chrysalis Tarot

Steele Wizard... :)

Laura Borealis

Steele Wizard :laugh: I'm sorry. It's just a funny name. Needs more crows though...

I can't quite remember what PCO stands for. :confused:

There are some decks with crows on the Death card. For instance the Animal Lords, Greenwood, and the Prairie Tarot, which shows a crow skeleton and a human gravedigger.

I want more than just a few token corvids and Death cards, though. :p

Attachments

• Animal Lords 13.jpg
    Animal Lords 13.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Prairie Tarot 13.jpg
    Prairie Tarot 13.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Greenwood 13.jpg
    Greenwood 13.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 139