9 Square Month Ahead Practice Readings for July

Glass Owl

This is a thread for people who want to practice 3x3 monthly Lenormand readings. This thread is for:

July 2014

The idea is to post your 3x3 for the month ahead (along with your own card interpretations) in this thread and for people to comment and add interpretations you might not have considered.

To make sure everyone has a bit of help with their readings, please comment on the 3x3 reading that is posted after yours. If you want to comment on more readings, that is absolutely fine too. :) This way everyone has some input regarding their reading but no-one feels overwhelmed. As with all threads here in Lenormand Readings, we also ask that you return with feedback for those that reply to your reading.

Please check out this index to view previous threads.

Kahlie

Ooh. I have some new Lenormands that I should work with, so this is good practice.
I'm using Le Petit Lenormand Noir

3x3:
Clouds - Child - Paths
Whip - Flowers - Fish
Stork - Dog - Sun

Interesting combo's. First impression: I plan to go on holiday so some of the positive cards on this 3x3 seem to talk about that (Sun/Flowers/Fish) as I'm going cruising:

Central Card: Flowers
New invitations and possibilities. I am looking forward to recharging and some new things going on. I'm busy updating my website and revamping some of the things of my business.

Base Card: Clover
Very happy with new hope - my MIL is in the hospital currently undergoing tests for cancer. They are hoping that it's not metastasized everywhere. I neeeeeed me some hope. Things have been extremely stressful.

First Card: Clouds
A lot of things are confusing and up in the air right now. Am I going on that holiday, am I not going. It all depends on more information that is forth coming next week.

Rows:
Clouds - Child - Path : Confusion is abundant, and makes me feel small, but a new path will open up.
Whip - Flowers - Fish: I'm blaming myself for not standing up more to my MIL to let her know I felt something was up, but even as I criticize myself, she's grateful for the place I have in our family and the healing work I do
Stork - Dog - Sun: New changes will help me become more comfortable and trusting, while allowing me to absorb more positivity. (Note: I often read Dog as me, as my first Lenormand had a dog picture that really looked 'me-like' and I'm a Chinese Dog star sign)

Columns:
Clouds - Whip - Stork, while confusion can make me criticize myself, changes will come
Child - Flowers - Dog, working on childish issues will give me more joy and help me out. I also have to forgive childish behavior of others
Path - Fish - Sun A new path will bring joy and happiness

Diagonals:
Clouds - Flowers - Sun, after the initial confusion, joy will follow
Stork- Flowers - Path, changes will bring new joy and help me think on my own path

Summary:
So much positives. I was very worried to see Scythe, Cross or Coffin. Instead, it seems July will bring me much more happiness. Flowers as a central card is very encouraging. I also am thinking it will help me in my own personal quest on what I should do concerning my studies (continue or quit).

:heart:

Kahlie

Flaxen

Thank for starting the thread, Glass Owl!

I have my cards all drawn - just need to find the time to write up my interpretations - hopefully will add them here tomorrow. :)

kell

Here is my 3x3 spread. I used Gilded Reverie, and my focus for the month was finances. I'm fairly new to this, and am following Rana George, from her book.

Scythe Heart Coffin

Tower Clouds House

Mountain Lilies Mice

Past: (scythe, tower,mountain) flow of $ is cut from nursing home, causing struggles.

Present: (heart, clouds, lilies) setbacks to good finances from loss in pensions

Future: ( coffin, house, mice) Taking a big hit on my house,-it's on the market priced to sell- and this is causing difficulties and is causing me to scrutinize my budget.

Backround: as a result of family illness, I am forced to sell my home, pricing it lower so it will sell quickly. I also read diagonal, and horizontally, but the messages are pretty much the same. Yuck!

Barleywine

This will be my first contribution. I've been working with Lenormand for just a couple of months now but have loads of tarot experience. I have very little experience with 3-card combos and none with forum reading exchanges, so this will be fun and instructive! Deck is the Gilded Reverie.

Clouds Clover Letter

Tree Birds House

Fish Stars Ship

I use Helen Riding's method; no Base Card. There appear to be several themes at work in this month's reading: Health, Growth Opportunities and Home/Housing/Travel, all contributing to a possible increase in stress.

Background:

From a health perspective, I haven't had a physical exam in some time since I've been unhappy with health care providers in the area, so my long-term health status is more "unknown" than "uncertain." I have no recognizable symptoms at present, though. This could be an interesting month medically: physical exam with blood work and my scheduled 10-year colonoscopy.

From the standpoint of growth opportunities, I've been retired for 4 years but have been thinking lately of doing some kind of independent part-time work. Maybe it would be a good month to pursue an astrological/tarot consulting initiative. There is also a slight chance I might get called back to my old job to help with shutting down and mothballing the energy plant, but it would really be more stressful than I want even though it would pay a contract rate of around $85/hour. I did not depart under the best of circumstances, so I might make them grovel a bit if they really want me back. I'm not actively looking for any kind of business opportunity right now but I wouldn't walk away from an irresistable one if it fell in my lap. (I think I'm trying to convince myself to do it if it becomes reality.)

Regarding house and home, we have been considering selling our house and moving closer to our son. We have been looking at houses on the internet for some time and have found a desirable area; we might travel there to look at some of the homes first-hand. We haven't put our present house up for sale, though. Any kind of contact about a local business opportunity would most likely push that priority back. All things considered, I don't see much happening on the home front since we've decided to stay put for the foreseeable future.

"Focus" card (Birds) related to "Trigger" card (Clouds) = A misunderstanding, a confusing conversation resulting in worry or stress. As the central card, the Birds brings a likelihood of unavoidable stress (perhaps due to oral miscommunication or misrepresentation, i.e. "double-talk") to every line that passes through it.

Columns:

Clouds + Tree + Fish = Uncertainties about health require attention, but do not stand in the way of a growth opportunity. Alternately, I'm wondering if a hard-to-diagnose medical condition might result in a substantial weight gain.
Clover + Birds + Stars = A promising conversation, phone call or e-mail that may produce a run of good luck or a signify a successful venture, possibly of a technological nature, although some stress may be involved. (Stars are also close to Fish, "abundance")
Letter + House + Ship = News about a house could result in a trip. (See background information.)

Rows:

Clouds + Clover + Letter = Uncertain (Clouds to left) fortunes will give way to positive news.
Tree + Birds + House = Conversations about health are likely as I call around trying to find a primary care provider I'm comfortable with (feel "at home" with). One thing I'm sure of is it won't be about "house calls," since doctors don't do those any more. It might be about having to state any previous and current health-related issues when applying for a new-home loan, but our hope is to pay cash when we buy our next house.
Fish + Stars + Ship = A bountiful opportunity could lead to a successful venture resulting in increased wealth from returning part-time to the business world (I suppose I could live on $85/hour :D). On the other hand, it might just mean that I will have great success when I make a fishing trip up North later this month. I'd bet on the latter.

Diagonals:

Clouds + Birds + Ship = If I do get a call about a business opportunity, there will likely be numerous uncertainties and aggravations about the conditions under which it might go forward. One possibility is that I could be asked to travel regularly to the headquarters in New York, 200 miles (and 3 States) away through frequently heavy traffic. That would be a show-stopper.
Fish + Birds + Letter = Any opportunity that is communicated orally would have to be followed up with written documents of offer, which I would then have to accept.

Corners:

Clouds + Ship = Uncertain travel or confusion over a matter of commerce. With the Birds between them, there might be some misrepresentation involved. Casts some doubt on the prospects for any new venture.
Letter + Fish = Business or financial documents, perhaps the compensation details of the letter of offer I may receive. With the Birds between them, there will undoubtedly be some tricky "fine print" or "devil in the details."

Central Cross:

(This sequence seems to be all about health and home, since none of the "financial opportunity" cards enter into it other than the Stars at the end.)

Clover + Tree + Birds + House + Stars = Pre-existing health concerns (my marginally high cholesterol and reliance on "folk" remedies) that will surface when I eventually talk to my new doctor will be a cause of some contention and stress (more for him than for me since I recognize that the current medical paradigm on recovery is: "be a good little boy and take your drugs"); they will be no cause for alarm (Clover near Tree) and there should be no serious disruption of my home or family life as a result, although maybe some annoyance. Further out, we may actually have a shot at finding a "dream home" in the internet listings at that new location in the unlikely event we choose to go after it.

Triangles:

Clouds + Letter + Star = Confusing news will be followed up with a clarifying e-mail that sets the record straight. A mixed outlook (maybe relevant documents will be flawed and require renegotiation) that ultimately raises hopes of the success of any initiative.
Fish + Ship + Clover = If I act on the opportunity for a business venture, it will likely be a lucky stroke, possibly augmented by the fact that the Fish and the Ship surround the Stars. I'm interested in the "from afar" aspect of this combination; if I start any kind of consulting initiative, it would be primarily over the internet, not strictly local and face-to-face.

Conclusion: A quiet month, unless something breaks on the "business opportunity" front. One initiative I'm thinking of investigating is startng a blog to disseminate the tarot spreads and astro-lithomancy materials I've been developing, which might be a first step on the path to a consulting opportunity.

Kahlie

Per Exchange Instructions I'm commenting on the spread after mine.

Kell, the central card reads Clouds, meaning confusion and mixed messages. In finances, it would mean that you aren't clear on what you are getting if you sell the house and how it will affect you. Too much is 'up in the air'. Trigger Card is Scythe, which means sudden shifts, so have a care before making decisions.

Scythe Heart Coffin - Surrounding cards show that the sudden ending (house sale) isn't sitting well with you. Is there a way for you to appeal those nursing home changes?

Tower-Clouds-House, seems like you are isolated in this choice. Did you ask appropriate experts or are you doing everything on your own, that's heavy!

Mountain - Lillies - Mice Blockages in family (why can't they help you!) will keep you worried.

I agree with you that it doesn't seem like it would be a hopeful month for finances, but the isolation and worry I read in this spread makes me feel like you should get some support. Scythe can bring sudden bad changes, but also sudden good changes.

Lots of luck with the sale of your house,

:heart:

Kahlie

Here is my 3x3 spread. I used Gilded Reverie, and my focus for the month was finances. I'm fairly new to this, and am following Rana George, from her book.

Scythe Heart Coffin

Tower Clouds House

Mountain Lilies Mice

Past: (scythe, tower,mountain) flow of $ is cut from nursing home, causing struggles.

Present: (heart, clouds, lilies) setbacks to good finances from loss in pensions

Future: ( coffin, house, mice) Taking a big hit on my house,-it's on the market priced to sell- and this is causing difficulties and is causing me to scrutinize my budget.

Backround: as a result of family illness, I am forced to sell my home, pricing it lower so it will sell quickly. I also read diagonal, and horizontally, but the messages are pretty much the same. Yuck!

Flaxen

My cards for July:

Clover - Clouds - Lilies
Key - Child - Scythe
Bouquet - Sun - Ship

Child is the central card this month which could mean a literal child or little things. I'm inclined to think this is probably referring to my own child who will play a big role in events this month or that it could be a month of lots of little things informing the bigger picture.

Clouds - Child + Sun - a normally optimistic, sunny child is unhappy or worries clouding happiness concerning a child

Clover + Child + Ship - small piece of luck on a trip

Lilies + Child + Bouquet - pleasant, happy family atmosphere.

Clover at the beginning makes me think that most of the key events will happen quickly.

Clover + Clouds + Lilies - short-lived success gives way to family uncertainty
Key + Child + Scythe - not so keen on this combo - suggests an accident for a child
Bouquet + Sun + Ship - positive invitation to a trip

Clover + Key + Bouquet - certain short-term luck and happiness
Lilies + Scythe + Ship - sudden family trip - scythe + ship could also be an indication of an accident.

Generally, quite a positive set of cards although there is the potential for unhappiness concerning a child and an accident.

Barleywine

My cards for July:

Clover - Clouds - Lilies
Key - Child - Scythe
Bouquet - Sun - Ship

Looks like my turn at bat :)

Child is the central card this month which could mean a literal child or little things. I'm inclined to think this is probably referring to my own child who will play a big role in events this month or that it could be a month of lots of little things informing the bigger picture.

Check. I would lean toward a literal child as well, but I've also seen the Child described as an opportunity to start something new. I'll try to look at it from both angles.

Clouds - Child + Sun - a normally optimistic, sunny child is unhappy or worries clouding happiness concerning a child

I see this combination as a brief cloud on the face of the Sun, a "passing shadow." Makes me think of a delightful old Chuck Mangione song, "Chase the Clouds Away." It's probably safe to say that, constitutionally, most children are optimists because their attention spans are so short. It could just mean that alternating spells of bad weather and sunshine will make the child by turns moody and cheerful. Also, how about "something modest that starts uncertainly emerges in a blaze of glory, earning the esteem of others"

Clover + Child + Ship - small piece of luck on a trip

Maybe the child will win a trip to Disney World? (Well, since it's small luck, more likely just to an attraction in the next town.) Could also mean a fortunate beginning that attracts new business and the need to take a "business trip," but with Clover on the "dark side" of the Clouds, I'd think starting out could be a bit dicey.

Lilies + Child + Bouquet - pleasant, happy family atmosphere.

Perhaps the child will get a gift from his or her grandfather or older male relative? That would certainly dispel the gloom! If we're talking about an initiative of some sort, it might indicate "seed money" received from the family, with no strings attached (Lilies above focus card).

Clover at the beginning makes me think that most of the key events will happen quickly.

Having it on that side of the Clouds might make me think that confusion could stall things a bit, or mire the proceedings in uncertainty.

Clover + Clouds + Lilies - short-lived success gives way to family uncertainty.

Yes, and because this is all going on in the realm of "influences" (above the focus card), the impressionable child could become emotionally distraught over the apparent incomprehensibility of the transition. If a new beginning is at issue, possibly anticipated largesse (even if not substantial and even if not monetary) from the family becomes doubtful.

Key + Child + Scythe - not so keen on this combo - suggests an accident for a child

I'll talk more about this when I talk about the "diamond:" Key + Clouds + Scythe + Sun. Children think they're invulnerable and can do no wrong. The child may be humming along without a care in the world and run smack into a shocking encounter of some kind. Keep him or her away from sharp items (risk of cuts) and unguarded electrical circuits; also, (with Clouds above), out of reach of electrical storms (risk of electrocution). Talking about an initiative, it could just mean the end of a successful first phase, and the cards that follow (Bouquet + Sun + Ship) show a promising next level.

Bouquet + Sun + Ship - positive invitation to a trip

I would read this in concert with Clover + Child + Ship, since they both move in the same direction (Past-Present-Future) and are both strongly positive. I think one reinforces and amplifies the other. Maybe it really will be a trip to Disney World! But perhaps it's an offer of an expenses-paid vacation in a tropical paradise (but not for the child, of course ;)) If an initiative, it could show an offer to participate in a highly rewarding enterprise once the initial phase of development (Key + Child + Scythe) has been concluded.

Clover + Key + Bouquet - certain short-term luck and happiness

If you read this column as the past, it's all innocence, sweetness and light - just like an untroubled young child - and it doesn't get even momentarily disrupted until the top of the next column. Considered in the light of a new beginning, it shows the purest optimism driving the initiative forward.

Lilies + Scythe + Ship - sudden family trip - scythe + ship could also be an indication of an accident.

Fleshing it out a bit, it might mean the family will be traveling to be with an elderly male relative who experiences a traumatic misadventure of some sort (accident, stroke, need for major surgery, etc). If we're talking about an initiative, it could mean dropping everything else and taking a last-minute business trip to secure the support of a mature man (King of Spades).

Generally, quite a positive set of cards although there is the potential for unhappiness concerning a child and an accident.

I agree. I especially like it if it is some kind of new beginning and not simply a child. I did want to explore the idea of an accident in a bit more detail. I looked at the sequence Key + Clouds + Scythe + Sun, following a clockwise rotation from the "past." Figuratively speaking (but maybe also literally) the child could be running around unsupervised (one keyword for Key is "liberation") and not notice the clouds gathering overhead. Scythe + Sun could mean a lightning bolt or a fire, especially since "bad weather' precedes them. On the other hand, the child might be unconscious of any danger and stick his/her finger in an unprotected electrical socket or inadvertently start a fire.

Of course, half of what I said above assumes the child isn't old enough to know better. If that doesn't apply, then the other half about a "new beginning" might be more useful.

katieb

Here's mine for the month

bear/scythe/moon
tower/bouquet/key
garden/sun/dog

Bear being the trigger with bouquet I see an opportunity possibly arriving during the month in regards to my job. This could be the case as I have applied for another job in my company which I think I would enjoy.

Horizontally: bear+scythe+moon: Could be an impact to my wallet which will leave me feeling blue? Also quite possible after an expensive vacation

tower+bouquet+key: I see a happy gift or an offering bringing me joy in regards to the company I work for

garden+sun+dog: looks like a good time for a party!! I'm always up for one of those haha! Seriously though it appears that their might be a gathering between friends that will bring me much happiness

Vertically:
bear+tower+garden: Looks like my finances again and a gathering between colleagues.

scythe+bouquet+sun: something quick happening, a surprise that will bring me happiness and lots of joy

moon+key+dog: An emotional success in regards to a friend.

All in all doesn't look like too bad of a month and I do enjoy seeing the bouquet as a central card here. So far there's no party or gathering in sight but maybe a night out with some work colleagues that appears to bring about some positivity. Apart from my finances, not too shabby!

danieljuk

Thanks Glass Owl for making an Index of all the past monthly threads :)

will go through some of the other spreads to see if I can add anything in interpretation and if anyone posts after me, will do that later in the week.

What is coming up for me in July?

Star + Key + Ring
Fox + Bear + Cross
Lady + Man + Tree

Centre Card (core theme): Bear - friends, protection, support, authority
Trigger Card (1st card): Star - good luck, wishes coming true, success
Base Card: Flowers - invitations, social times, good company, improvement.

Rows:

Star + Key + Ring - unlocking a successful new relationship or a contract
Fox + Bear + Cross - a friend being sly, causing pain. might need to watch a wealthy person in power in some way for deceit.
Lady + Man + Tree - couple offer health support or the man in a partnership is ill / is connected to medicine.

Columns:

Star + Fox + Lady - inspiration or luck with an untrustworthy or cunning woman
Key + Bear + Man - success with a physically big and tall man
Ring + Cross + Tree - important love or relationship with someone to do with health or disease.

Diagonals:

Star + Bear + Tree - financial improvement to do with an older entrepreneur person.
Ring + Bear + Lady - business connection with a Mother figure or my Mother.

Summary:

Last month was a difficult and tricky month and was so happy to see some improvements a theme. I have a supportive and protective friend this month which seems very successful and positive. There is some really nice positive combos and themes of success and improvement. Also a new relationship maybe. I do have to becareful of someone who might be cunning or deceitful in their behaviour. lot's of partnership themes around me and people. Will have to see who they turn out as :)