The De-Enabling Thread

jackdaw*

Too many of the models are more than just supermodel skinny. They look like famine victims.

It's not a deck you would use to make you happy. Shiny gold aside, some of the cards are downright depressing.

MysticalMoose

Yikes !!!!!!! I really dont like this one....depressing? too right....these people(?) look like they have been starved almost to death. Im sure plenty like it & feel they can read with it well & hey we are all different & this is just my humble opinion...but...ooof it made me feel ill...my friend showed it to me last week & most of the cards (The Fool) in particular made me feel ill. sorry :(

Apocalipstick

Yeesh! Sounds like the gold plated famine deck, or something. Maybe I should have looked closer.

The box caught my eye. Didn't really bother to look further. I was pretty much envisioning Klimt's work in a generic way, rather than think about how it could be applied in a deck.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll make a point to look through it the next time I get an urge.

RichardDirt

I am wanting to buy a few decks:

-Fairytale Tarot
-Tarot of Prague
-Morgan-Greer

The main thing stopping me is no money and my dedication to one deck right now, but I want so badly to just clickclickclick and order!

Alta

As far as de-enabling goes, not having the money has to be the top reason. Collecting decks best from 'spare cash', not the rent money!!!

connegrl

Busted! You are supposed to be doing a ODW. Save your money and stop looking. Spend more time with your chosen deck.

Jen

RichardDirt

connegrl said:
Busted! You are supposed to be doing a ODW. Save your money and stop looking. Spend more time with your chosen deck.

Jen

Hey, I haven't bought anything yet!

Apocalipstick

Well, yeah. That's the point of the thread. To keep you from buying.

As for de-enabling, if you don't have the money... well, clicking may feel free, but it isn't. Especially when you click on "check-out."

Sinduction

I'm beginning to think you^^^ are my own personal enabler :)

Astrae

I must agree with all the discussion about the Klimt. In many ways, I was so distracted by the gaunt, sick look on many of the figures that I couldn't read effectively with the deck.

I ended up trading it for my Gummy Bear Tarot.