The De-Enabling Thread

magpie9

gregory said:
Hello, and how dare you ??? })
Lovely to see you back, Wicked Granny! You are back, aren't you, not just an apparition?

Apocalipstick

gregory said:
(incidentally, and if you want to buy Klimt,there is an excellent postcard book which comes in a lot cheaper....)
I'll prolly look for that.

I finally saw all the cards yesterday. Yuck. Not only are they not very tarot-ish, as you say, but starvation is rampant in the deck, as everyone else pointed out. Terrible.

I like Klimt, but not in tarot form.

I'm so very, very de-enabled.

lolakate

Aren't the Klimt figures MEANT to look like that though? Does it just not translate into tarot very well or something ... ? I love Klimt's work but this thread is really making me hesitate! (not that I *need* anymore decks mind) :D

magpie9

Well, I can't se how he could have painted them accidentaly......? Maybe there weren't enough of the non-famine victums type to be able to use them on 78 cards?

Kissa

gregory said:
Hello, and how dare you ??? })

Klimt's art is stunning, but tarot isn't what he did it for - and lovely though the pictures are, they don't speak tarot, even to me. So if you want to buy a TAROT deck, don't buy this one (incidentally, and if you want to buy Klimt,there is an excellent postcard book which comes in a lot cheaper....)

heido granny,

well the klimt is done from artwork by klimt but i am not sure all the characters were painted by him actually since klimt never painted that deck. only a smart publishing company decided to adapt his card into tarot images and paid another artist i guess to copy the artwork when they didn't have the proper models. but art isn't just about the style, it is about the artist's soul...

anyway my two cents, got the deck, almost purked on it, was extremely disappointed because it had been so much advertised, i was depressed by it, did not even attempt to do a reading at it (the answer to any question would probably have been: get on a diet, buy proper clothes and take some pills for your depression.. right?). only kidding, as far as it works for some ppl, fine by me (tarot is a tool) but really really didn't work for me. i like my fatties from the Tarot of Prague and the VR ;-)

i get a very WW2 feeling with this deck, without any bad joke or anything, as soon as i see the klimt tarot mentioned somewhere i feel the concentration camps, the Nazi persecution, i remember Anne Frank's diary etc. dunno why. must have to do with previous lives. i cannot even watch the deck and judge the artwork because it freaks me out. and i too love klimt's artwork otherwise.

Apocalipstick

Kissa said:
i get a very WW2 feeling with this deck, without any bad joke or anything, as soon as i see the klimt tarot mentioned somewhere i feel the concentration camps, the Nazi persecution, i remember Anne Frank's diary etc.
Yup. That about sums it up for me. Those just aren't the connotations I want coming up in a reading.

And it's just the deck that does this. I've never had this kind of experience with looking at Klimt's work before.

Kissa

Apocalipstick said:
And it's just the deck that does this. I've never had this kind of experience with looking at Klimt's work before.

ditto

gregory

magpie9 said:
Lovely to see you back, Wicked Granny! You are back, aren't you, not just an apparition?
woo-hoo })

Hi Kissa ! I did try to e-mail you but your address was dead....

I think it can be well dodgy trying to create a deck from an artist's work; I have several, but so far only the Bosch has worked for reading. What that says about me I dread to think....

Mi-Shell

Hi Everyone!
I am thinking, thinking, thinking
about the Tarot of the Origins from LS.....
I need some advice from whoever saw the deck. I have read all the reviews and am still undecided...
Any input???
Thanks! Mi-Shell

magpie9

It;s grim grungy ugly caveman males with grim grungy georgious curvy caveman females.....They stand about looking all of the above, and sometimes they're doing something primitive while being all of the above. In th mud. Lotsa Mud. There are No Barney Rubbles here! I always thought I was interested in pre-history and how humans began and all of that, but I must have been mistaken, 'cause this deck makes me want to run back inside my nice comfortable hovel and bar the door.