1 deck; 1 warning!

Krakken

Krakken - these two books are not worth the paper they're printed on. Do yourself a favor and buy either Sniffin's or DuQuette Milo's books. Both authors studied the works of the deck's creator and know to explain the background in a way that really unlocks it. .

Thanks for the advice. :) and the warning!

HallowedNight

and that´s why you can do a reading with this deck. it´s like when you love cake and there´s a tarot of the cake waiting for you. that´s a good advice for new beginners ...Go with a deck "like you". dont pay attention to what´s new. (With a melody included)

About the solitaire experience... LOL :)

Exactly~ I almost just bought the RWS as a beginner deck just because it was the 'norm,' but I'm soooo glad I didn't. I probably wouldn't be anywhere near as into tarot as I am now if I hadn't waited and found a deck that really spoke to me. c:

And now, for even more warnings...

All this being said, don't get this deck just for the artwork (if you actually wanna do readings with it, at least).! There's definitely a "loaded symbolism" warning on the Fantastical Creatures; though the artwork is gorgeous and perfect for the right reader, there is loooots of symbolism in the cards that is really important to getting the full message of a reading.

Also, HIGH ENERGY WARNING. This deck will soak up your energies like a sponge. If you're feeling good one day, it'll be positive and cheerful and mischievous, but try to calm down before using it if you're feeling negative, because it'll hold those feelings way beyond just that reading. Keep feeding it good energy and it'll reward you with great readings and a marvelous, if quirky, personality. :^D

celticnoodle

haha wait ! dont run! there´s more.

If you already have one of those deck, just beware. dont hold yourself... every deck react diffrent to every person. but ... hanson-roberts... almost everybody agree about how weird its. :) or how chatty are tarot with cats in it ... or zombies=indiscretion . LOL-

hmmm...I love the Hanson Roberts deck myself! I don't know...maybe there is something wrong with me. :laugh:

Achlys

The silhouettes tarot looks so whimsical. Harmless even.
But be warned: if you ask it about serious matters, you're definitely not getting a lighthearted response. It's gonna tell it like it is.

I've found the same to be true with my necronomicon tarot, except the necronomicon is brutal. It doesn't just not hold back but will rip you in pieces as well.

The Black tarot lives up to its name...if you ever want full-out nightmare fuel, use this deck. My family wanted me to burn it because it was almost evil in the way it would read. But this is perfect for scaring off people I really hate. And then everything horrible it says would happen does happen.

Krakken

maybe there is something wrong with me. :laugh:

Perhaps hanson-roberts is just a "picky" deck. :).

Do you know what would be funny? severals tarot decks hanging out one night and after severals "cups" ... they start talking about us as tarot readers. am sure i want to hear this! :)

Krakken

The silhouettes tarot looks so whimsical. Harmless even.
But be warned: if you ask it about serious matters, you're definitely not getting a lighthearted response. It's gonna tell it like it is.

Thanks for the warning. i usually look for " something between a "the touch of a feather and a brick in the face". and to me that´s a problem with those decks "telling it as it is".

Warning!
Necronomicon tarot should be only used for self-reading ... the anwers with this tarot are like..
Hej tarot, what do you think about me? ... Ho´.. X X
-

celticnoodle

Perhaps hanson-roberts is just a "picky" deck. :).
:laugh: you're sweet to say that, (I think?).

Do you know what would be funny? severals tarot decks hanging out one night and after severals "cups" ... they start talking about us as tarot readers. am sure i want to hear this! :)

I can only imagine what those sneaky, playful and sometimes downright mean Frouds Fairies are saying! AND! its not true. (unless they speak highly of me) ;) But, my Konxari Oracle are the type that would have my back and they will defend me! They are like the junkyard dog and will protect their owner against those silly little fairies. (which I also own and really do like btw).

I've been trying to think of a tarot deck I own that would need a warning added to them. I can't think of one, honestly. However, some of my oracles are definitely a different story.

Both of the Froud Faeries decks--they may look sweet and cute and very earthy---but they are also extremely mischievous little things and love to tease and provoke you! So beware of them!

The Tea Leaf Reading Oracle is a wonderful and sweet type of deck, like a grandmother or dear old aunt. However, they can be very blunt. They give good readings--and very accurate with their 'words', but if you are looking for a gentle hug instead, beware--these cards are just too honest and not afraid to tell it like it is.

The Konxari Oracle though--as bad as their appearance is, they truly are sweet and good characters. If you're good to them and don't judge them too harshly, they will be good to you too. :)

Krakken

Thank you for taking my drastic advice in good spirit ;-)

Thank for taking the time to let me know what you think about those books. :) in general i only talk about decks.