12 Step Spread (Uses the Pagan Steps But Can Be Adapted To Use Others)

Glass Owl

Lyric said:
Well, the wording is "having HAD a spiritual awkening AS A RESULT of these steps" so I'd say #3 and #4 make sense to me more than #1 and #2. That puts them in past tense.
Looking at the wording of AA's version as well as Selena Fox's, I see #1 and #2 are the foundations (the prerequisites) for #3 and #4. Overall, I personally think that The World does fits better if you take all the components together. Yet, at the same time, it could be said that for someone who is working or having isues with step 12, the idea of a "spiritual awakening" could be what he/she is stuck on. Maybe a lack of a "spiritual awakening" or "transformation" could point to the fact that he/she needs to work on #1 and #2 some more before he/she can go onto #3 and #4.

For someone wanting to create their own personalized step list for this spread, I think that Step 12 could even be broken into two. (I have combined the wording from the traditional AA steps and the Fox's version.)

Step Twelve
"As the result of working through the above steps we find ourselves spiritually awakened and healthfully transformed."
Card: Judgment

Step Thirteen
"We are willing to share our story with those who come to us in need, and continue to practice these principles in all our affairs."
Card: The World

Glass Owl

Here is another 12 step list which I think would be a terrific compliment to this spread. Plus, I think this list could be useful for just about anyone in a variety of situations.

The Proactive Twelve Steps

1. I realize I'm stuck. It makes no sense to keep trying to solve my problems with "solutions" that aren't working.
2. I'm willing to let go of my usual ways, in the hope that this will help me see things from a broader perspective.
3. I shift my focus, from being fixated on my problems, to seeking a sense of wholeness and contentment in my life.
4. I honestly look at the effects of my actions on others and myself.
5. I take responsibility for my actions.
6. I see that my knee-jerk reactions have to do with being in the grip of more or less conscious fears.
7. I strive to find my motivation in a deeper sense of who I really am, rather than fear and defensiveness.
8. I stop blaming and feeling blamed, with a willingness to heal the wounds.
9. I swallow my pride, and sincerely apologize to people I've hurt, except when it would be counterproductive.
10. I live mindfully, paying attention to the motives and effects of my actions.
11. I stay tuned inside, in touch with a broader sense of who I really am, and a deeper sense of what I really want.
12. As I feel better about myself, I reach out to others who feel stuck.

http://www.proactive-coach.com/12steps/list.htm

UPDATE: This site was moved to a new url and has modified its steps slightly. It can be found at http://proactivechange.com/12steps/list.htm

Step 1:
I get it: What I’ve been doing is self-destructive. I need to change.

Step 2:
I see the big picture: The way to stop relapsing into self-destructive behaviors is to build a healthier sense of self.

Step 3:
I have an action plan: From now on, I am squarely facing everything that is in the way of feeling really satisfied with my life.

Step 4:
I honestly look at the effects of my actions on others and myself.

Step 5:
I take responsibility for my actions.

Step 6:
I see that my knee-jerk reactions have to do with being in the grip of more or less conscious fears.

Step 7:
I strive to find my motivation in a deeper sense of who I
really am, rather than fear and defensiveness.

Step 8:
I stop blaming and feeling blamed, with a willingness to heal the wounds.

Step 9:
I swallow my pride, and sincerely apologize to people I've hurt, except when this would be counterproductive.

Step 10:
I live mindfully, paying attention to the motives and effects of my actions.

Step 11:
I stay in touch with a broader sense of who I really am, and a deeper sense of what I really want.

Step 12:
A growing sense of wholeness and contentment motivates me to keep at it, and to share this process with others who are struggling.