130+ decks for sale ... in Dorset!

Zezina

Job lots of Tarot

Only the decks in the basket have been opened! So if the rest are shrink-wrapped they should be safe from that damp corner.

Looks more like a house than a shop. Maybe a shop closed down and the owner brought the left-over stock home? I see the seller is also selling some old encyclopaedias. The owner may have become ill and gone into care, or passed over.

However, I don't think this is the collection of a real tarot lover. How many of us could have left all those decks unopened?

:heart: *Z*

Sinduction

Or have 3 copies of the same deck?? :D

I love how there are 3 Black Tarots in that pic and I can't find one decently priced.

Naneki

Le Fanu said:
I always assumed that whoever was buying could do what they wanted and call the shots. If it is a cumbersome lot ( as this is), it would make far more sense to have the buyer pick them up in person...

They may be a looking at a disastrously low price as - like you say - it limits the potential

Shipping would be costly even if the person resided in the UK; and any shipping outside the UK would be astronomical! Maybe that's what the seller was thinking of. But if I remember how ebay works; he can withdraw the lot and choose not to sell...

AmethystEyes

:bugeyed: :bugeyed: If only I could afford to get that from there to here :laugh: But you do what to wonder about the condition, even though they are mostly unopened. why would you have to so many unopened?

Naneki

DevilishAngel said:
:bugeyed: :bugeyed: If only I could afford to get that from there to here :laugh: But you do what to wonder about the condition, even though they are mostly unopened. why would you have to so many unopened?

I thought maybe it was a store that closed and was getting rid of it's stock.

AmethystEyes

Naneki said:
I thought maybe it was a store that closed and was getting rid of it's stock.
Hmm yeah, that would make sense, maybe it was her/his own business.

Cerulean

This looks like a person who liked anime and graphics

The original Alchemical comes with a book people would like to have.

The big Lunatic Tarot, some people really like even if they do not like manga.

Flying Hearts--I thought that was German? Collectors item, even if not my taste.

The Ukiyoe is getting harder to find.

The Pagan Tarot from the UK "Robin Payne" (I think) is hard to find.

Wheel of Change

Shining Woman (Rachel Pollack)--first edition of the Shining Tribe

Ancestral Path--yes, that is a collector's item and hard to find.

That version of the Passion Tarot, Japanese version, I think--really nice.

Tarot of Paris and Ship of Fools...nice decks, maybe not so hard to find....although Ship of Fools, isn't it getting harder to find lately?

How interesting to me that I was able to name a few!

Cerulean

fyreflye

The Flying Hearts is German and one of the very first collectable decks I bought on eBay. Unreadable but lovable.

Lillie

Now...

That's interesting.

Dorset isn't that far....

SarahRacheal

Le Fanu said:
I always assumed that whoever was buying could do what they wanted and call the shots. If it is a cumbersome lot ( as this is), it would make far more sense to have the buyer pick them up in person...

They may be a looking at a disastrously low price as - like you say - it limits the potential

Having packed up and shipped 800 comics about 9 month ago to one person, from personal experience I would never do it again, I still have over 2000 needing to be sold but I know if I put on buyer collect like you say it excludes a lot of people. So I'm hanging on until I can be bothered to organise and box them up again.
In short maybe they can’t be bothered with the packing?

Can anyone that fancies joining up buying power give me a pm?
Thanks Sarah x