2008 Tarot Lover's Calendar Cover Contest

Major Tom

Thanks for your entry jmd. :) It's going to be very difficult for folks to choose between all the excellent entries.

Thanks Em and Ash - it's good to know you're ok with the poll. :) I'll try to get the poll up Wednesday morning.

Sidhe-Ra

I'm planning on getting a coloured version done later...

Blessings,

Em xx

Mimers

jmd said:
what? a competition?

Give me a minute or two...

.....phewwww.... just made it (and can pretend I haven't been thinking and working on it for a few weeks ;))

http://fourhares.com/tarot/calendar.html

(need to re-check the low resolution image - it seems to bring out strange coloured shadows!)

Wow, I really like that one! Great job jmd!

jmd

Thanks Mimers!

It's stiff competition, with (as usual) such wonderful offerings!

temperlyne

Sidhe-Ra said:
I'm planning on getting a coloured version done later...

Blessings,

Em xx

Very exciting news Em! I'll be looking forward to the colored version but I liked the simplicity and clean lines of the black and white version very much as well.

mythos

To be perfectly honest, I don't care either way about a poll. I'm not even going to vote for mine ... after all, I was merely celebrating my parents' 60 years together for my own pleasure ... and you provided me with a venue in which to do it. Not really TLC '07 material at all.

mythos:)

Major Tom

mythos said:
Not really TLC '07 material at all.

There you go again Shirl - being hard on yourself.

I respectfully disagree. Everyone's entries (yours included) are perfect TLC '08 material. :)

sacredashes

mythos said:
Not really TLC '07 material at all.

If I may share with you a word of wisdom generously given to me when I doubted my own ability to draw. It was from Walter Hobart, a very talented artist who never judged another's work based on his own standards but who gave encouragement to me when I was carrying my own insecurities on my back.

"Every line is where it should be. Every line is perfect because you are the artist and you created this. It is perfect."

He made me feel better about my work not because I was good but because I deserved credit. So do you, mythos. It's effort you put into your work and it's perfect because it's exactly what you wanted to create.

Let noone else tell you otherwise, even yourself. :)

Ash

Sidhe-Ra

poo

Think I'm going to have to stick with the monochrome. I'm only half way through painting, the deadline is past, and I'm too disheartened by nasty con person pretending to want a painting to be able to finish it tonight. :(

Blessings,

Em xx

mythos

I wrote '07? ... huh! so there! :rolleyes: ... so I was being hard on myself in the past ... er ... or is that present :bugeyed:. Of course, truth be told by honest shirl here ... I did mean '08. Must come from living upside down all the time ... y'know, southern hemisphere disease ... one's head looses it's point, and becomes a tad brain-squashed.

Thanks Tom. I actually like (make that :love:) my entry ... I merely think that it is not particularly relevant to the topic. That's all.