2008 Tarot Lover's Calendar Cover Contest

mythos

Oh Temperlyne ... you are a STAR! Beautiful and stirring as all your work. I do like all the entries, even mine, which is purely personal and entred only because I couldn't not enter.

Hey Hang on ... 30 Days hath September, APRIL, June and November???? Major Tom, are you playing with us :thumbsup:

mythos:)

Major Tom

Mimers said:
Oh my gosh, I love them all! What are you gonna do with all these fab entries Major Tom?

I love them all too. :)

Major Tom said:
I will be posting images of each of the entrants on my website. Lots of people will see them. Visitors to my website will be able to vote for their favorites for free. Visitors will also have the opportunity to pre-order a copy of the 2008 calendar at a discount, with an as yet bonus (any suggestions?). Naturally purchases will carry a heavier vote weight.

The cover with the most votes as favorite will be the cover. Swayed of course by mine and Jane's opinions.

How would those who have entered feel about a poll on Aeclectic? The question for the poll would be: Which cover would you most likely buy? Please tell me if that would make you uncomfortable. It would be nice for people buying to be able to see who the favourite is or if their personal favourite needed support. ;)

There is still plenty of time to get your entry in. That's for those who enquired but haven't yet entered as well as those who need the magic email address.

My current idea for a bonus for pre-orders is a print of the cover you voted for. Anyone got any other ideas?

mythos said:
Hey Hang on ... 30 Days hath September, APRIL, June and November???? Major Tom, are you playing with us

Although I always say that the calendar is all about the talent of the members of this community, any errors that occur are all mine. Do have a look at April in the 2007 calendar. ;)

Beware the Land of the Whispering Bushes.

Psst!

Hey Buddy!

Woodja like to buy a calendar?

:laugh:

temperlyne

I think I am ok with a poll here on Aeclectic.
Just a question; How do both polls effect your choice of the winning entry? Suppose that the results from both polls differ for instance.

Major Tom

Thanks for this temperlyne. :) I'm glad you're ok with a poll on Aeclectic. If it bothers anyone they need to speak up before the deadline.

temperlyne said:
I think I am ok with a poll here on Aeclectic.
Just a question; How do both polls effect your choice of the winning entry? Suppose that the results from both polls differ for instance.

Good question. :)

Major Tom said:
The rules:

7. All entries with be judged by myself and my partner Jane. Our decision is final.

Major Tom said:
The cover with the most votes as favorite will be the cover.

I'll just combine the results. ;) Pre-sales are the ultimate arbiter.

DraagonStorm

Major Tom

I think the poll idea is great!

DraagonStorm

blue_fusion

i'm ok with the poll too. just so long as it's not in the subscribers' section since i won't be able to view it. :D

Major Tom

Thanks DraagonStorm and blue_fusion. :)

I think the poll should go on the Tarot Books & Media board, I think I still have permission to advertise there...

Hey Boss! Is that ok with you?

Sidhe-Ra

Interestingly, tuesday appears to be both April 31st and the 1st of May on the 2007 Tarot Lover's Calendar... :)

Blessings,

Em x

sacredashes

The poll is fine with me. :)

Ash

jmd

what? a competition?

Give me a minute or two...

.....phewwww.... just made it (and can pretend I haven't been thinking and working on it for a few weeks ;))

http://fourhares.com/tarot/calendar.html

(need to re-check the low resolution image - it seems to bring out strange coloured shadows!)