2008 Tarot Lover's Calendar Cover Contest

Which cover would you be most likely to buy?

• blue_fusion's cover design

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • DraagonStorm's cover design

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • jmd's cover design

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Mythos' cover design

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • sacredashes' cover design

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Sidhe Ra's cover design

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • temperlyne's cover design

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters

Major Tom

I'm running a contest to design the cover of the 2008 Tarot Lover's Calendar. In the next two posts, I attached small examples of the entries. Entries are presented in alphabetical order. Please do view them all before voting. Please vote to answer the question:

Which would you be most likely to buy?

You can also pre-order your own copy and receive a copy of the cover you voted for as a bonus for pre-ordering. Follow the link and you can see them all on the same page.

The first five entries are attached to this post. The two remaining are attached to the next post.

Thanks for helping pick the cover for the 2008 Calendar. :)

Attachments

• Calendar2008blue_fusion.jpg
    Calendar2008blue_fusion.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Calendar2008DraagonStorm.jpg
    Calendar2008DraagonStorm.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Calendar2008jmd.jpg
    Calendar2008jmd.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Calendar2008mythos.jpg
    Calendar2008mythos.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 157
  • Calendar2008sacredash.jpg
    Calendar2008sacredash.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 158

Major Tom

Two more entries

Here's the remaining entries.

Attachments

• Calendar2008SidheRa.jpg
    Calendar2008SidheRa.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Calendar2008temperlyne.jpg
    Calendar2008temperlyne.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 164

jmd

moderating note:

Just a quick note that I'll make this thread a sticky until Major Tom has determined the cover.

Major Tom

Papa Toad ambles out onto a bare stage painted black. There are no curtins. There's a microphone on stand lit by a single spot, centre stage. He is wearing a straw hat, flannel shirt, jeans and green plastic wellies. He scuffles up to the microphone and gives it a tap. For just a moment you hear the distant sound of drums.

"Testing. Testing." He clears his throat which sounds suspiciously like a croak. He adjust his hat to shade his eyes.

Major Tom's voice come over the load speakers, there's an edge to his voice. "This is a poll to help select the cover for the Tarot Lover's Calendar 2008. Doesn't anyone have anything at all they'd like to say about it? There've been 20 votes and 184 views and no one has an opinion?"

Papa Toad hold up his hand for silence.

"I remember concerts or events where they had open mikes and musical instruments and fabric and paint and string. There was a house band that would play music for dancing." The light comes up in the whole building. "Look around you. All of that and more is here now ready for you to use. If you need it you can find it here."

Papa Toad seems to listen to the silence.

"The most important bit about this contest is that everyone have fun. Yes, there's some learning in it too. But there's much enjoyment in the learning."

Major Tom

jmd said:
how about trying to identify all the lovers cards I included in my entry?

http://fourhares.com/tarot/calendar2008.html

I've tried a bit and I cannot name them all. I do recognise some of those that have been in the calendar:

The Creative Fire Tarot
Kayne's Celtic Tarot
The Tarot of Prague
Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles
Do I also see the Quantum Tarot?

I also see:
The Rider Waite Smith
The Noblet Tarot of Marseilles
Do I see a Visconti at the back?

That's the best I can do I'm afraid. Can anyone do better?

Tesseljoan

The Golden Tarot by Kat Black
Oswald Wirth Tarot?

Some still have me stumped...

Debra

Is that flyin' angel baby in the back from the Lasenic? I think so....

Major Tom

It was a much closer contest than the results of this poll show.

The winner of the contest is jmd.

Jmd's entry is the cover for the Tarot Lovers' Calendar 2008.

Many, many thanks to everyone who entered the contest. You are all winners to me.

Perhaps jmd would be kind enough to let us know which decks featured in his entry.

jmd

arrgghhhh... now I have to remember which cards I used!

...but as I just mentioned in the other thread, I am really touched and honoured by coming ahead - and know that obviously others would have preferred one of the other wonderful covers (as the result was, as mentioned by Major Tom, close).

I'll go through my designs and add to those already identified earlier - and thankyou everyone again :)