21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card

Formicida

Enidan, this thread isn't really representative; a lot of people really do like Tarot for Your Self. I think it depends a lot on you. To me it seems really "New Age-y." If you're into crystals and chakras and numerology, then Tarot for Your Self is probably just what the doctor ordered. If you want to focus just on the cards without all the extraneous stuff, then I'd say the two books you already have are a great start. By the time you get through 21 Ways (if you really work through it, not just reading), I think you'll know the Tarot better than a lot of people that have read a lot more books.

But I've never spent much time with Tarot for Your Self, so it's possible that I'm missing something.

Enidan

Cool, thanks for the advice.. If so then i don't Tarot For Your Self is for me.. Can't wait to get 21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card..:)

Grizabella

I think if you just want to concentrate on tarot, then 21 Ways is the best for you. I found that 78 Degrees of Wisdom wasn't for me either, but I know that many, many people consider it a must-have for their tarot library. I can't recomment 21 Ways more highly, though. I just think it's THE book on tarot if you really want to learn your deck in depth and make it almost an extension of yourself.

rhinoa

Excellent, I will look forward to reading it!

Amaris

I spent an hour with this book at Barnes & Noble this evening and really liked it. It's the first Greer I've ever tried to read, and I was pleased with it. I've added it to my Amazon wish list! I would have just bought it, but my husband gets a little exasperated when I buy things for myself this close to the holidays. I'm looking forward to getting it from someone and working through it, though. Thanks for all the feedback -- this discussion is why I picked it up.

cherries

i got this book today, but it has left me cold. perhaps it's too advanced for me, and someone with a better feel for a deck would get more from it. sigh, i feel like i've wasted my money :(

geministar

I received this book in the mail yesterday and had a quick flick through last night. I think I will really get alot from this book and Im looking forward to getting into it. I plan to work through it from front to back. :)

thinbuddha

Is this a book that could apply to any deck, or is it strictly for RWS styled decks?

geministar

Yes Thinbuddha, you can use it for any deck. I havent started reading it yet but when I was flicking through Im sure I saw that as long as you use a deck that has pictures in the pip cards. That is the main thing and I think you use the same 1 card for all the activities in the book so make sure you choose your card wisely *LOL*.