3 of Swords as a postive?

Nahla

I've had 3 of swords come up for people who are very sensitive.. as a positive perhaps he will be very cautious when communicating and aware in his word choices

nisaba

So I'm doing a reading for a possible relationship with an acquaintance of mine and for their positive influence on the relationship it was the 3oS. This is quite confusing to me considering I feel the 3oS is a very 'negative' card involving harsh words or thoughts. Maybe it's saying that it might make me realize harsh truths? I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.
Thanks

Harsh words or thoughts can lead you to grow, to re-evaluate how you live and what you do. That's always a plus. Harsh words and thoughts can end relationships someone is harmed by. Harsh words or thoughts can test your strength and tolerance. Harsh words and thoughts make you analyse your own motives, and improve your own skills. Harsh words and thoughts lead you to make the very best of yourself.

That doesn't seem terribly negative to me.

Intotouch

For one couple I saw it come up to represent a difficult phase, one that they could get through. The positive was sticking together in spite of the urge to leave and seeing things work out after it. Still a tough thing to have to go through.
In my deck (motherpeace) the three are fighting but fighting doesn't always mean leaving each other. Sometimes a relationship where there is a lot of fighting also suits some people.

cherryberry

I have had this a few times already where it meant very clear, trutful words were spoken in the situation. And it wasn't hurtful or so, just stood for clarity of message, often it is about more than 2 people who are involved in the 'truthful' communication. At least 3 are involved, one way or another. Something is being discussed and there is no confusion about anything that's discussed by anyone. Everyone is clear.

Saskia

So I'm doing a reading for a possible relationship with an acquaintance of mine and for their positive influence on the relationship it was the 3oS. This is quite confusing to me considering I feel the 3oS is a very 'negative' card involving harsh words or thoughts. Maybe it's saying that it might make me realize harsh truths? I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.
Thanks

Hello Smokey, I know this will not be the most welcome interpretation but as you are querying about a speculative situation (possible relationship with an acquaintance), this card may simply mean it won't happen. It's a general NO card in my readings for yes-no type of questions. I know you didn't ask yes/no, but you are not asking an open-ended question either: you are already assuming a relationship would happen, AND that this person would bring something positive in it, which are both assumptions you can't yet know to be true.

However, all the meanings given by others here are also plausible so hopefully you get this relationship going if that is what you really want in life :)

Lucas Prince of Cats

TAkoing some personal space.

SmokeyQuirks

It would help if you told us what deck you used.
I used the Wyzard Of Odd
3S as a " positive influence on the relationship" says to me that this person will cut through all the BS, getting to the heart of the matter. You will always know where you stand with this person and he won't stop until he knows where he stands with you. The positive influence is to make the relationship an honest one in every sense of the word.
Hahahah I think this is more reversed but thank you!
this meaning is also possible - Don´t play with the fire - why you´ve started thinking about more = 30S as warning = use your brain and find out if there is an old pattern to stage, that there should be more with someone - he is just an acquaintance
Mmmm very good insight.... yeah he does fit my pattern of sad distant boys that I wanna fix

SmokeyQuirks

Hello Smokey, I know this will not be the most welcome interpretation but as you are querying about a speculative situation (possible relationship with an acquaintance), this card may simply mean it won't happen. It's a general NO card in my readings for yes-no type of questions. I know you didn't ask yes/no, but you are not asking an open-ended question either: you are already assuming a relationship would happen, AND that this person would bring something positive in it, which are both assumptions you can't yet know to be true.

However, all the meanings given by others here are also plausible so hopefully you get this relationship going if that is what you really want in life :)
Yeah.... I mean I've known him for a little bit but I don't really know HIM. Friend of a friend. But I want to know him. Hahah I know it's extremely probable that we won't have a romantic relationship but I wanna have a intelligent and maybe sensual relationship. I'm just really drawn to him regardless haha

For one couple I saw it come up to represent a difficult phase, one that they could get through. The positive was sticking together in spite of the urge to leave and seeing things work out after it. Still a tough thing to have to go through.
In my deck (motherpeace) the three are fighting but fighting doesn't always mean leaving each other. Sometimes a relationship where there is a lot of fighting also suits some people.
Well we don't fight but I would say it's a difficult period.

I've had 3 of swords come up for people who are very sensitive.. as a positive perhaps he will be very cautious when communicating and aware in his word choices
This makes sense. He's pretty sensitive internally from what I understand and he's not that communicative unless it's face to face hahah

Thanks guys for your input. It's always tricky to read some things and fresh eyes and hearts are lovely. Thanks!!! <333

Barleywine

Part of the essence of "Three-ness" is creative growth; in the case of the 3 of Swords, it's regenerative growth brought on by adversity or trauma. It reminds me of the pruning of a plant. Although the cutting often seems insensitive and excessive, the plant experiences a healthy growth spurt afterward. It may emerge in a scarred and less pleasing form (ever see what arborists do to an old-growth apple orchard?) but it is unquestionably more robust. Think of it as being "stimulated and empowered by separation or division."

Ruby Jewel

Thanks

A rose is a rose is a rose........3 of swords is 3 of swords. It means sorrow.