7 of Wands & Wheel of Fortune combo

TheProphet

Hello! I am looking for some insight on the combination of 7 of Wands and Wheel of Fortune, as I haven’t been able to find anything useful when I’ve googled it. I’ve had this combination come up on more than one occasion over the past couple of months when asking about my love life. I am single and have been for a long time, and for this combination I've asked the questions "What's to come in my love life this year?" and "What can you tell me about my next lover?". If it’s to any help, the combination of 7 of Wands and Wheel of Fortune showed up with a King in a reading that I did a month ago, and today with a Queen (me) clarified by the same King that showed up in the previous reading.

I know the 7 of Wands represents holding your ground, defending your position, and fighting for what is right. The Wheel of Fortune represents a new cycle or change, external influences that cannot be controlled, the “hand of fate”. I am using my Gilded deck for this, and the man on the 7 of Wands card looks like he’s protecting his house, as if he’s trying to keep something from entering his home or life. But I'm just not sure how to read this combo--Fighting against the natural flow? Trying to keep the wheel from turning? Am I doing something to hinder anything in the love department from happening?

I’d appreciate some input and interpretations from others, because it feels like there’s some significance to this, but I’m not sure what it is.

dailytarot

I am single and have been for a long time, and for this combination I've asked the questions "What's to come in my love life this year?" and "What can you tell me about my next lover?".

Are you fusing questions or refers to one card each?

Fused the tarot show how a simple fight for your needs opens a new world of opportunities.

TheProphet

Are you fusing questions or refers to one card each?

Fused the tarot show how a simple fight for your needs opens a new world of opportunities.

What I mean is, what can the combination of those cards mean in relation to love questions. Such as a romantic potential in either a person or a situation. That combination has come up both to the question of next lover and the question of what might come in ones love life in the near future.

Okey, but wouldn't The World be more of "a new world of opportunities"?

Thank you.

dailytarot

The World wins.

7oW + WoF says that opportunities just open to some new process. Sometimes to fight is the answer. You cannot see an end to your problems but just fighting for makes the scenario change.

If the WoF is your new lover, he is someone in a process of renewing himself. Someone are changing of job, friends, actions... changing the old behavior. And he will change you too.

If the 7oW is the advice, you need to protect yourself, to fight for your needs, for what you want. You have to learn how protect a relationship too. Be more proactive to make the things last.

The world will not bring what you need as a gift.

TheProphet

The World wins.

7oW + WoF says that opportunities just open to some new process. Sometimes to fight is the answer. You cannot see an end to your problems but just fighting for makes the scenario change.

If the WoF is your new lover, he is someone in a process of renewing himself. Someone are changing of job, friends, actions... changing the old behavior. And he will change you too.

If the 7oW is the advice, you need to protect yourself, to fight for your needs, for what you want. You have to learn how protect a relationship too. Be more proactive to make the things last.

The world will not bring what you need as a gift.

OK, now I understand better what you meant by that. "Fighting makes the scenario change" is an interpretation of this combination that I can grasp. It's also interesting what you say about the 7 of Wands, because it has been showing up in my readings quite a lot (in different questions, but yes, also about relationships and emotions) for the past two months or so. Clearly, there is something that I need to fight for and stand up for. I'm just not 100% sure of what yet. I should perhaps do a reading on that. And what you said about "learn how to protect a relationship" and "be more proactive to make things last" resonates with me.

Thank you dailytarot for your insight :)

Puffette

Hello! I am looking for some insight on the combination of 7 of Wands and Wheel of Fortune, as I haven’t been able to find anything useful when I’ve googled it. I’ve had this combination come up on more than one occasion over the past couple of months when asking about my love life. I am single and have been for a long time, and for this combination I've asked the questions "What's to come in my love life this year?" and "What can you tell me about my next lover?". If it’s to any help, the combination of 7 of Wands and Wheel of Fortune showed up with a King in a reading that I did a month ago, and today with a Queen (me) clarified by the same King that showed up in the previous reading.

I know the 7 of Wands represents holding your ground, defending your position, and fighting for what is right. The Wheel of Fortune represents a new cycle or change, external influences that cannot be controlled, the “hand of fate”. I am using my Gilded deck for this, and the man on the 7 of Wands card looks like he’s protecting his house, as if he’s trying to keep something from entering his home or life. But I'm just not sure how to read this combo--Fighting against the natural flow? Trying to keep the wheel from turning? Am I doing something to hinder anything in the love department from happening?

I’d appreciate some input and interpretations from others, because it feels like there’s some significance to this, but I’m not sure what it is.

Everytime i get to see the wheel popping out for me then my first impulse is to see what the wheel has prepared for me and so i pull a second card. They say wheel of fortune is the luckiest card of the tarot but i've had this card on so many ocassions bringing me unpleasant surprises that not only it changed my view over its interpretation but also worries me at times. If u got the 7 of wands and the wheel then this suggests to me that out of the blue something will help u/allow u to get over the obstacles in your life,all the challenges and oppositions u have been facing till the moment of the shuffling. If i were u ..i would pull a third card and see what it is about to begin for you immediately after that.

TheProphet

Everytime i get to see the wheel popping out for me then my first impulse is to see what the wheel has prepared for me and so i pull a second card. They say wheel of fortune is the luckiest card of the tarot but i've had this card on so many ocassions bringing me unpleasant surprises that not only it changed my view over its interpretation but also worries me at times. If u got the 7 of wands and the wheel then this suggests to me that out of the blue something will help u/allow u to get over the obstacles in your life,all the challenges and oppositions u have been facing till the moment of the shuffling. If i were u ..i would pull a third card and see what it is about to begin for you immediately after that.

Oh, I know what you mean. When I first began with Tarot, I thought the Wheel of Fortune meant "good luck" and "fortune". I suppose, at times, it can mean luck, but now I read it more as "the wheel will turn" and a change is gonna come. Life has its ups and downs, something that we cannot control. For example, I believe that if it's been bad, it will turn around and be good. If it's been good, a "bad" or "unfortunate" period will come around. Up and down. My own belief about the Wheel of Fortune is also that it speaks of external influences and divine timing and intervention. That's often how it's showed for me in my readings. Something that is out of my control, because it's life's way. I tend to pull another card for each card to get more information and a better understanding of what it entails, but unfortunately, I cannot remember the card that I pulled for the Wheel of Fortune. But I will remember your advice to do so... Especially if I get this combination again! :p Thank you for your input!

Grizabella

I don't really see the 7 of Wands as a card indicating fighting. It's more of a "standing your ground" and "holding your own" card. The 9 of Wands is the card of apprehension and being on alert, so that one doesn't tell me fighting either except in the sense that he looks like he's been in a fight to gain those Wands and now he's apprehensive that his assailants are still around and a threat so he might have to fight again. A better card to indicate fighting is the 5 of Swords, I think.

The 7 of Wands and Wheel say that you don't have to struggle to hold your own anymore and that that will change your focus. However, it doesn't mean your struggles are over, because if the Wheel turns and you're down in the muck, you'll have to really fight to get out. You won't be holding your own anymore. If the Wheel is bringing you up to the top, you won't be having to hold your own anymore because you're in a better strategic position.

TheProphet

I don't really see the 7 of Wands as a card indicating fighting. It's more of a "standing your ground" and "holding your own" card. The 9 of Wands is the card of apprehension and being on alert, so that one doesn't tell me fighting either except in the sense that he looks like he's been in a fight to gain those Wands and now he's apprehensive that his assailants are still around and a threat so he might have to fight again. A better card to indicate fighting is the 5 of Swords, I think.

Yes, I agree. Thank you for pointing that out. "Fighting" isn't the word I should have used, it's just, as I mentioned, that the 7 of Wands in the Gilded deck is a man standing in front of a wooden door holding his wand up and the other six wands are almost attacking him or wanting to come inside. So maybe I should have said "Push against the wheel", as if keeping it from turning or doing its job. But I agree--the 7 of Wands is about standing and holding your ground.

The 7 of Wands and Wheel say that you don't have to struggle to hold your own anymore and that that will change your focus. However, it doesn't mean your struggles are over, because if the Wheel turns and you're down in the muck, you'll have to really fight to get out. You won't be holding your own anymore. If the Wheel is bringing you up to the top, you won't be having to hold your own anymore because you're in a better strategic position.

But will the Wheel turn up or down? I don't see how it would bring me down, because I have been down, in my love life, and in pretty much all other aspects of life. In a sense I'm still down, but I'm beginning to climb to the top and I hope, and think, that this year will change things for me because I am starting out with things, finally. Perhaps that's exactly what is happening or beginning to happen, as you said, bringing me to the top where I won't have to hold my own anymore because I will be a in a better strategic position. Interesting... Thank you Grizabella for your insight.

pandap

The 7 of Wands was in a good position in the 6, everything was going along nicely, he was popular, everything sweet as, but in the 7 he's suddenly confronted with having to fight to stay on top, to keep his cushy position with all these dudes trying to undermine him. With the Wheel bringing instability and changes, I'd look out for any unexpected challenges that may suddenly crop up.