Fool & Death as Advice - Let it go OR go for it??

Sagittarius85

Advice - Let it go or go for it?

Fool -The Fool has just started his journey, he has just left his village, he is looking for new adventures and experiences, so it can mean the "let it go" version. But, it usually shows the beginning of something new, a rebirth and renewal of some sort, so it might be a "don't give up" message as well.

Death - It can mean that a chapter in your life is ending, and it is better if you accept and release it. So, it may suggest "letting things go". But, the old things are usually replaced with something better, so it can mean that "do not give up", change will come.

I am totally confused.

I would be very happy if you could share your thoughts with me!

Thank you in advance!

(I asked the card that what the best attitude was towards someone. What should I do, should I let things go, or go for them.... )

tarot_quest

Hi,

I see the two of them going together.

If you go for what is new (Fool), it's going to close a chapter from your life and open a new one (death).

As an advice, the cards are neutral to me because they are explaining (describing) your situation.

The only ''advice'' that I see is maybe think twice to do not fool yourself and if you go for the new opportunity, something will definitively die.

Now, the question is, what do you want to do?

angelf1sh

Endings and new beginnings :)

The advice part would be to look carefully at what you want and think about where the path may lead you to because whatever choice you make, it will never be the same (Death).

SwordOfTruth

Advice - Let it go or go for it?

Fool -The Fool has just started his journey, he has just left his village, he is looking for new adventures and experiences, so it can mean the "let it go" version. But, it usually shows the beginning of something new, a rebirth and renewal of some sort, so it might be a "don't give up" message as well.

But if it was a don't give up message then don't you think you may have seen the seven of pentacles, eight of pentacles of knight of pentacles in place of The Fool though? Those cards speak of perseverance more than the Fool does. The thing about hanging in there, is that it's a process already in motion and neither of these two cards speak of that.

Death - It can mean that a chapter in your life is ending, and it is better if you accept and release it. So, it may suggest "letting things go". But, the old things are usually replaced with something better, so it can mean that "do not give up", change will come.

I've got another idea. The Fool - change direction, start over, new journey, take a risk. Death - leave the past behind you and get renewed by this new journey, change in direction or risk taking. I'm seeing death here as the consequence of the newness of The Fool. So I'm not seeing, give it up, or hang in there. What I'm seeing reflected in both of those cards is....change direction.

Laurelle

Is this a romance reading?

That's a hard question to answer because it's really two questions with two cards but without placement.

Both the Fool and Death are independent people. They are usually not involved in romantic relationship. In a romance reading I wouldn't see these two cards as a positive sign.

BUT you are asking IF you should do it and both Death and the Fool would do it. They are the kind of people who would take the risk because they are living for themselves and only themselves. For instance, they finish the race not because everyone would love it if they won, but because they really want to win for themselves. So in this instance, the two cards advise you to do whatever it is that you want. Just do it. At least you'll not have any regrets. Because neither Fool or Death have regrets.

knight_sephiroth

I've got another idea. The Fool - change direction, start over, new journey, take a risk. Death - leave the past behind you and get renewed by this new journey, change in direction or risk taking. I'm seeing death here as the consequence of the newness of The Fool. So I'm not seeing, give it up, or hang in there. What I'm seeing reflected in both of those cards is....change direction.

This is also how I see the two together. The Fool says - go for it, but know you're closing one door to open another. For one energy to enter, another must leave. I don't see these as a suggestion to hang on.

knight_sephiroth

Both the Fool and Death are independent people. They are usually not involved in romantic relationship. In a romance reading I wouldn't see these two cards as a positive sign.

It might not be positive for an existing relationship, unless it meant taking it to the next level--as in, going from dating to getting married.

If you're not yet in a relationship, or if you're friends with your potential lover, it can be very positive, as it suggests taking a chance and going for it, leaving behind the non-relationship state, and in a sense, ending the original nature of friends-only to become lovers.

Sagittarius85

The Situation

Thank you for your help. To tell the truth I am still confused a bit.

The question had reference to a man I couldn't forget. I am in a loving, calm, supporting relationship with my boyfriend but I can't stop thinking of this man from my past, and I am almost sure that he has feelings for me as well, but we don't take steps towards each other, there is perfect silence between us.

And, I think this man is not "relationship material", so I just wanted a confirmation from my deck to forget him, and I got these cards.

So, your interpretation might be right. If I started something with him, I would lost my existing relationship. It is clear.

tarot_quest: "The only ''advice'' that I see is maybe think twice to do not fool yourself and if you go for the new opportunity, something will definitively die."

angelf1sh: "The advice part would be to look carefully at what you want and think about where the path may lead you to because whatever choice you make, it will never be the same (Death)."

SwordOfTruth: "I'm seeing death here as the consequence of the newness of The Fool."

knight_sephiroth: "The Fool says - go for it, but know you're closing one door to open another. For one energy to enter, another must leave."

So, it describes my situation perfectly.

But... what are the cards suggesting....? Should I pursue anything with this man?

SwordOfTruth

But... what are the cards suggesting....? Should I pursue anything with this man?

The ideal thing would have been to pull a third card for advice. Perhaps what these cards are saying is the choice is still in your hands, here's the result if you go there. Now what do you want? There doesn't necessarily have to be a card to ask that, it's an implied question.

Sagittarius85

The ideal thing would have been to pull a third card for advice. Perhaps what these cards are saying is the choice is still in your hands, here's the result if you go there. Now what do you want? There doesn't necessarily have to be a card to ask that, it's an implied question.

It's funny, because I don't know what I really want. As I have written above, I love my boyfriend and there is a very deep connection between us, but I can't forget the other man.
I hate this situation, and I am craving for something to happen that would resolve my inner conflicts and/or show me my way. I wouldn't care if it was painful.

To sum up, I am feeling stuck, that's why I asked the card for guidance.

I guess I will do an other more detailed advice-reading, because with these cards I feel stuck again. :)