9 of wands, 10 of pents

Grizabella

Think about the term "till death do us part" in some wedding vows. This means that even when adversity happens and we may feel like we're the only one trying in a relationship, there can still be a happy ending. Even if we get a little bit twitchy due to the hardships that every relationship brings, we can still leave a legacy of weathering the storms and fulfilling our promises in relationships.

And even if we've not been able to survive the kind of huge relationship difficulties that do require a dissolution of the marriage or the partnership, we've still left a legacy of giving it the good old hearty try at making things succeed in spite of problems. I see these cards as just emphasizing the importance of the integrity of character more than money and possessions.

For instance, I'm sober quite a long time now but I've been married four times. I was divorced three times and the fourth time I became a widow. My prayer to my Higher Power the fourth time was that I could promise "till death do us part" but only in sobriety. If I relapsed or he did, I couldn't promise I could make it. But I also asked that just once, I'd like to make it to that "death thing" and not bail out when things weren't wonderful. So I prayed that either he or myself would survive till death if we didn't both die together in a car crash or something.

To make a 15 year story short, I stayed sober but he never really could achieve a lasting sobriety and was on and off with it. Our marriage had many tough times because of that, but we both loved each other dearly and we did hang in there. As a result, I'm seeing the long-lasting effects of that in my children and grandchildren in the fact that they don't take promises lightly in relationships and have all shown great tenacity and integrity in making wise choices of partners and in taking their promises very seriously.

I think that's the 10 of Pentacles, really.

pageofswords9110

Think about the term "till death do us part" in some wedding vows. This means that even when adversity happens and we may feel like we're the only one trying in a relationship, there can still be a happy ending. Even if we get a little bit twitchy due to the hardships that every relationship brings, we can still leave a legacy of weathering the storms and fulfilling our promises in relationships.

And even if we've not been able to survive the kind of huge relationship difficulties that do require a dissolution of the marriage or the partnership, we've still left a legacy of giving it the good old hearty try at making things succeed in spite of problems. I see these cards as just emphasizing the importance of the integrity of character more than money and possessions.

For instance, I'm sober quite a long time now but I've been married four times. I was divorced three times and the fourth time I became a widow. My prayer to my Higher Power the fourth time was that I could promise "till death do us part" but only in sobriety. If I relapsed or he did, I couldn't promise I could make it. But I also asked that just once, I'd like to make it to that "death thing" and not bail out when things weren't wonderful. So I prayed that either he or myself would survive till death if we didn't both die together in a car crash or something.

To make a 15 year story short, I stayed sober but he never really could achieve a lasting sobriety and was on and off with it. Our marriage had many tough times because of that, but we both loved each other dearly and we did hang in there. As a result, I'm seeing the long-lasting effects of that in my children and grandchildren in the fact that they don't take promises lightly in relationships and have all shown great tenacity and integrity in making wise choices of partners and in taking their promises very seriously.

I think that's the 10 of Pentacles, really.

Thank you so much for your opinion. The sentence where you talk about the importance of ones character over material things struck a cord for me. In my past lives i had this problem. Picking partners for the financial stability instead of the content of their character.

I've been praying to meet someone who is loving and not materialistic. Someone i could really make it through the rough times with and still have respect and love for each other. I also wanted someone i could grow old with and build a family and legacy.

Now these two cards are starting to come together for me. Thank you once again for your input.