A new De-enabling thread for 2008

gregory

And since I can't even see the detail in the REGULAR deck.............

Nina*

And since you don't really want cards to tell you if and when you will be bitten by a warewolf.

Silverlyn

LOL, Gregory: Ya! I don't wanna make my Favole MAD at me;) (gah, still gotta write my review, ya, gotta keep busy doing THAT;)

And really? Ya can't see as much detail in the Silver edition?

So far: (except for Favole, which don't have a Silver/Gold and I'm too chicken to try and guild them)...I own no silver/golds of any decks, nor so far do I see any others I want.....

BUT...what you guys have said....is helping.....and it IS expensive....

Silverlyn

baba-prague

Nina* said:
And since you don't really want cards to tell you if and when you will be bitten by a warewolf.

Well, I beg to differ. That can be very useful information, especially at times of the full moon (she said with a polite little howl).

I will say no more :joke:

Nina*

baba-prague said:
Well, I beg to differ. That can be very useful information, especially at times of the full moon (she said with a polite little howl).

I will say no more :joke:
.. :D

Vesper

Silverlyn said:
Hi.
Please help talk me out of wanting the Bohemian Gothic Silver Edition (specifically that edition, don't want the Regular).

I know it's expensive and will take a while to arrive, plus they're not the exact classic Goth like my Vargo Gothic and my much-loved drool-worthy pics of my Favole are...but still....I'm starting to buckle with all the reviews of it in the BG threads....and I own no silver/gold editions of any decks....

Argh.

If you don't want the regular, then you don't want the silver. Wait until a deck you really love has silver metallic in it. The male characters in this deck are nothing like the pretty young Goth Bois in the Favole and Vargo. They are scowly, cranky, paunchy, and their eyes and cheeks are creased by evil laugh lines (as in "bwah hah hah hah!"). They look like your dad with a hangover, sending you out to the corner for the third time today to pick up a dimebag and a 40.

Always remember: Many is the ATer who has succumbed to rave reviews of a new deck in its first few weeks, only to find themselves in a few months desperately lusting after the next new thing, and already over their last "had to have."

Promise

They look like your dad with a hangover, sending you out to the corner for the third time today to pick up a dimebag and a 40.

You are my new hero. That just made my day.

Now, down to serious business. Can someone please steer me away from the Osho Zen? I've never even wanted it before, and now, all of a sudden, it's sucking me in, and I don't want to be sucked in damnit!

morticia monroe

Relp, Raggy!!!

I need de-enabling from the Victorian Flower Oracle, the Little Czech Oracle, the Ator and the International Icon.

BTW, you all have done a magnanimous job of de-enabling me from the BH Silver...I'll wait for the regular edition to become available here in the States. Thanks!

6 Haunted Days

About the Bohemian Gothic Silver: If you're not fond of the classic Gothic storylines, characters, settings and ambience of the 18th & 19th century novels and art, and you're definately more a fan of the modern/revisionist gothic art than you won't get on with the BG at all....I won't say more, you know much I love it :)

The Osho Zen. I don't even think of it as a tarot. It's all scattered and hard to get in-synch with. The art is very uneven. Some wonderful pieces, some just horrible....and a vast jumping around with styles and colours.

Then you have the whole Osho Zen cult ickiness. Allegations and proof of mind-control, brain washing, sex abuse down to murder. Bad vibes indeed.

I couldn't read with it and the uneven art really put me off. And looking at the Master card I'd always think of those shows and news stories about his cult.

sapienza

Promise said:
Now, down to serious business. Can someone please steer me away from the Osho Zen? I've never even wanted it before, and now, all of a sudden, it's sucking me in, and I don't want to be sucked in damnit!

I got sucked in to the Osho Zen. I looked at it online for ages and finally got it. I have to say I've been pretty disappointed and I've hardly used it at all since I've had it.

Firstly, the artwork is nice but doesn't feel consistant throughout the deck. I get the feeling there were multiple artists working on this deck although officially that wasn't the case.

Secondly, it's really different in a lot of ways from the traditional tarot (which isn't a bad thing in itself) but if you want something more traditional this isn't the deck to get.

I feel like it works more like an oracle than a regular tarot deck.

Unless you are really interested in Buddhist or Eastern philosophy then I wouldn't get the deck. I went through a real 'eastern' phase but unfortunately by the time I got this deck it had passed.

I'm also not a big fan of deck and book sets that don't have a separate box for the cards. (OK, I'm clutching here, but just trying to help you).

And on a personal note, the Queen of Swords (which I feel always represents me) feels really negative to me in this deck. I"m not a fan of court cards being portrayed negatively.

Rainbows represent pentacles (earth) - and what's that all about....they are in the sky??? They are about the least earthy thing I can think of.

Oh, and all the cards are on-line and you can do daily readings whenever you come on-line.

Finally....you can live with out it.

Hope that has helped a bit.
Sapienza

ps. there are some good things about this deck, but this is not the place for me to share them. :)