A new De-enabling thread for 2008

Promise

Negative Queen of Swords?

Count me out!

De-enabling successful!

I really dislike when court cards have negative connotations to them. I don't mind "dark" at all, in fact, there are times when I prefer it; but negative connotations just really turn me off.

Silverlyn

Roflmao!

evelone said:
The male characters in this deck are nothing like the pretty young Goth Boys in the Favole and Vargo.

Mmmmmm, That line ALONE happily returns me to lusting and swooning after my HOT Empress and others of my Favole guys.....and Vargo's sexy goth vamp guys, too;)

.....They are scowly, cranky, paunchy, and their eyes and cheeks are creased by evil laugh lines (as in "bwah hah hah hah!"). They look like your dad with a hangover, sending you out to the corner for the third time today to pick up a dimebag and a 40...."

ROFLMAO!!! LOL! Wow....THAT one GOT me, do the BG guys really look like that? EWwww! (come to think of it, the BG women...well...don't look like the Favole women do, either....).

You guys are great!

I believe I am successfully de-enabled from ordering the BGS...anytime soon, anyway;)

Hugs!

Silverlyn

to the person who wants Osho Zen: I wanted that one, too and received it in an AT Trade..I LOVE buddhist philosopy and art, and was excited to use them...but then they didn't read for me or anyone else I tried them on.
They have a better home now with a Buddhist artist friend now, tho.

sapienza

Promise said:
Negative Queen of Swords?

Count me out!

De-enabling successful!

I really dislike when court cards have negative connotations to them. I don't mind "dark" at all, in fact, there are times when I prefer it; but negative connotations just really turn me off.

Glad to be able to help. I guess I don't need to mention to you then that the Osho Zen book refers to the Queen of Swords as a dried up old prune.

magpie9

sapienza said:
I guess I don't need to mention to you then that the Osho Zen book refers to the Queen of Swords as a dried up old prune.

:bugeyed:

sapienza

It is true...I swear!

In fact, all the Sword (I mean clouds) court cards in the Osho Zen deck are rather negative, especially the Queen and Knight. The Queen is called 'Morality' and the Knight is 'Fighting'. Most of the cloud minor cards also have somewhat negative connotations, but I guess this is true of a lot of decks.

Promise

....please tell me you are kidding.

A dried up old prune? What the Hello Kitty!

Wow, it was easier to de-enable me on that one than I thought.

Anyone want to give the Favole a shot? It's at the top of my wishlist, although it'll have to wait for a while since I promised no more decks for "a while".

6 Haunted Days

Promise said:
....please tell me you are kidding.

A dried up old prune? What the Hello Kitty!

Wow, it was easier to de-enable me on that one than I thought.

Anyone want to give the Favole a shot? It's at the top of my wishlist, although it'll have to wait for a while since I promised no more decks for "a while".

The art is very pretty and evocative for the most part, but since I found out it's just her paintings taken from books and made to "fit" the right card (with limited success I've heard) I've decided not to get it. Also the pips are just masks, butterflies etc. Seems to be a very thrown together in a hurry deck. Also some of the art is the typical fake huge breasts/perfect women type fantasy goth.

If I want to admire the art I can just get the book or look online.

nicki

help

I need de-enabling for The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, I just had a reading with these cards and they look fab, help required.

nicki

gregory

WELL - quite a few people here have had seriously nasty experiences while using the NOV.... search threads. That might actually FRIGHTEN you off !

No time to go look at it just now.....

serenaserendipity

osho was a famous woman-hater. for all his meditation he couldn't get over THAT hump.

s.