A New TdM was born in Japan: Tarot de Marseille ISIS Version

CornissMagorniss

"And . . . this is odd, perhaps . . . but I keep noticing the nuances of facial expressions on the majors and courts. It's not something I ordinarily notice in a TdM style deck. But I very much like it in the ISIS!"

Right you are, Annabelle! Ironically, this is the deck I'm using specifically to work on Court Cards.

Le Fanu

Mine arrived today, less than a week after ordering it (though admittedly I paid for the faster shipping method).

First thoughts -- it's charming! I like the bright colors, the clear faces, and the clean lines of the art.

The card stock is a pleasure to hold and feel. Smooth and flexible.

And . . . this is odd, perhaps . . . but I keep noticing the nuances of facial expressions on the majors and courts. It's not something I ordinarily notice in a TdM style deck. But I very much like it in the ISIS!

Conclusion -- the ISIS Marseille is totally worth what I paid to buy it and have it shipped from Japan. A welcome addition to my collection.
It's fabulous isn't it? I love mine. It is one of those vividly readable decks which - with a Marseilles - helps enormously. I love those peering faces and the crisp cardstock and the sharp colouring against whiteness. One of those decks I shall just keep coming back to for years to come.

kalliope

I originally (accidentally) posted this in the thread on the trading forum, but have now transferred it here:

I can't wait to spend some more time examining this deck. The expressive eyes should help with forming relationships between the cards for readings, and for practicing "eye rhythms."

So -- has anyone else noticed that the Emperor is mislabeled? Did I miss where people talked about this? Sorry if it's been mentioned already. Mine says L'EMPEREUP instead of L'EMPEREUR, heh...

And does one of the boys in the Sun card have...a tail?? :bugeyed: Maybe it's miscolored cloth from his waist.

There seem to be all sorts of interesting and quirky details hidden here. I don't know how many appear in other Marseilles decks, since I only have the (very) mini Fournier and then the TarotBot electronic copies of the Noblet and Dodal on my Android phone. But here are a few I've noticed:

--pox or moles on the torso of the other boy on the Sun, and on one of the Devil's slaves
--love the askance glance of the eagle on the Empress's shield
--there's a what appears to be a bubble floating in front of the Knight of Swords' knee

Should be a good reading deck with such a lively art style.

MagsStardustBlack

Where is this deck being ordered from please? :.)

Le Fanu

there's a what appears to be a bubble floating in front of the Knight of Swords' knee
I noticed this only today!

MagsStardustBlack, it is ordered from Japan. I think the webpage is at the beginning of this thread. I can't remember where I got the email address from now!

MagsStardustBlack

MagsStardustBlack, it is ordered from Japan. I think the webpage is at the beginning of this thread. I can't remember where I got the email address from now!

Ok thank's, i'l have another look, i'm shattred now, need sleep, will check tomorow,

xxMags.

Bertrand

Good evening,
has anyone else noticed that the Emperor is mislabeled? Did I miss where people talked about this? Sorry if it's been mentioned already. Mine says L'EMPEREUP instead of L'EMPEREUR, heh...
This is how it is written on the BNF Conver

And does one of the boys in the Sun card have...a tail?? :bugeyed: Maybe it's miscolored cloth from his waist.
in my opinion, this is a misinterpretation and a development of a part of a line present in the BNF Conver, misinterpreted as a tail in the Jodo/Camoin deck too.

Bertrand

kalliope

Good evening,
This is how it is written on the BNF Conver

in my opinion, this is a misinterpretation and a development of a part of a line present in the BNF Conver, misinterpreted as a tail in the Jodo/Camoin deck too.

Bertrand

Ahhhh. Thanks for the information! As I said, I'm still new to the TdM and don't have many for reference. Interesting that the Jodo/Camoin makes the same (odd) choice on the Sun card.

cardlady22

I sent a PM to kenji to get the email address, since I cannot read Japanese.

Ok thank's, i'll have another look, i'm shattered now, need sleep, will check tomorrow,
I'll send you a PM.

Here are some more pricing quotes from various numbers of decks that he gave me for our group order:
If you share shipping cost with 3 people,the shipping and handling charge for 1 person is 9 USD ( Express Mail Service of Japan Post with tracking) or 7 USD (Normal Air Mail without tracking). In this case, total cost for 1 person is 45 USD ( 36 USD / 1 deck+ 9 USD / EMS ) or 43 USD(36USD / 1 deck+ 7 USD / Normal Air ) and I will send you 4 decks.

If you share it with 4 people, the shipping cost and handling charge for 1 person is 8 USD (EMS) or 6.5 USD (Normal Air). So total cost for 1 person is 44 USD ( 36 USD+ 8 USD) or 42.5 USD (36 USD+ 6.5 USD) and I will send you 5 decks.

For 10 decks, shipping divided between 7 people: You can get a 10% off the deck price. The total price including shipping and handling are as follows:

1 deck $32.40 +$6.50 =$38.90
2 decks $32.40×2 +$13.00=$78.80

Tadahiro Onuma