A spiritualist just told me I need to burn my tarot decks....

Ann Yu

I think she must have some problems about mental. There's no imp here, don't burn your tarot. That's what I can only say.

Tarotphelia

Splungeman said:
Wow...y'know I've been watching this thread with fascination. It just keeps getting bigger! I say again...that lady would be horrified to know that we are getting so much from her craziness!

She might be flattered , taking it as proof that she is important because so many alleged forces of darkness must be in league against her . Oh the conspiracy . :party: It makes life meaningful .

I think the thread might be big because most of the time people like us don't get to express ourselves to people like this overbearing lady . We have to put up with it , or walk away , or risk making things worse . Besides , it's always nice when someone else is crazy for a change . It gives you that warm holiday glow . })

Nevermore

Oh, ((((((Solitaire))))). *HUG*

I think that they see something different or something they don't like and they look for something in the teachings and use it as proof, or they believe that the teachings agree with them.
*delete, delete, delete*
I'm trying very very hard not to turn this into a religion vs. tarot thing but I can't help it.
Okay. Trying to stay on topic, the truth is that just about anything you do or think or feel can be proclaimed a sin if it's perceived that way. But obviously that's not right. If you are feeling oppressed and restricted that's not Christianity. I mean...what about free will and all? I guess some people are afraid that they will suffer in the end for not pulling you over to their opinion of divination (even though Tarot doesn't have to be about divination). They see it as sin no matter what, and if they think you've done something sinful, everything you do after will be perceived as sinful. They treat you differently, like you are a big bad sinner. That's not right. That's abuse! Even if they don't realize what they're doing, putting you down, making you feel guilty for no reason, etc. Same in the workplace if you're being treated differently.

Hey Gayla...any updates on your lady? I'm sure one could say that she can give you advice, leave it up to you to decide and then move on. If you're determined to keep up your 'evil' tarotting ways then, ok, you'll be the one suffering not her, as she was one who pointed you in the 'right' direction though you refused her. Actually she could have just said that Tarot was a bad thing for you, then move on, instead of the directions for burning and the whole upsetting tonguespeak.

p.s. i've had friends tell me how their families treated them unkindly and being called hellbound for having different belief systems or even behaving like typical teens in a very strict household. To anyone who's dealt with this I say, if what they say is true, we're all having one HELL of a party when we get there.:D

Seserous

*responding only to the first post*
Wow, I have never heard someone talk like that. I've heard of similar reactions to ouji boards but never to the tarot. With the exception of one person, who disliked me in the first place, I have never even met anyone with a problem with the cards. What possible evil could come from the cards unless someone is using them as the focus of some dark ritual?

Anywho, I like to ignore unsmart people like that who automatically think anything not their religion or that they don't understand is evil and must be destoryed.

MareSaturni

Oh dear, what an absurd situation.

I never happened to me & tarot, but once i was in one of those...new age shops, you know?, and i was looking at a mirror. Then a lady came and told me i should leave my path of witchcraft because soon i'd be seeing all horrible things in the mirror...i'd see the devil himself, and he'd ask for my soul, and then i'd be too late. Then she told me a long story about a girl who started seeing herself old and ugly in the mirror etc etc. And she seemed dead serious about it!

First, yes, it's true. Although i'm not wiccan, i'm pagan...a 'hedgewitch' or 'kitchen witch' kind who loves making cookies :p. That's my worst spell - making people fat by giving them evil chocolate cookies from hell, mwahaha.

But i don't know what was SHE doing in a new age shop nor why did she assume that i was following the 'dark evil path of witchcraft'. I could be just a curious passer-by who just liked the damn mirror and planned to hang it on my living room's wall, not use it for any spiritual purpouses =/

She said she'd pray for me, so i could find the true way. Frankly, i don't want any prayer coming from her...crazy lady.

Moonboy

Laugh it off...she is obviously a nut-job:)