Adjustment

MystiqueMoonlight

"balance against each thought. it's exact opposite. For the marriage of these is the annihilation of illusion" Aleister Crowley

Colour: Blue
Astrology: Libra
Herb: Cinnamon

Hebrew: LAMED:- suggest everything which is extended, raised or displayed. It is the glyph of expansive movement, including all ideas of extension, elevation, occupation and possession. Lamed is the image of power derived from elevation

Rune: ELHAZ:- Divine weapon that bodes danger. Do not grasp or try to use...you must become. Then you can use to protect and/or bring change for a positive outcome. Use a double edged sword when using the wisddom required. Divine connection.

jema

notes from a journal

there are a lot of elements here, the spheres, the rays, the lines connecting the spheres, the mantle/wings of the woman, the head-dress, the sword, the scales and the chains. but what always strikes me when i look at it is first of all - the colours, blue and green
and then the posture of the woman - balancing on her toes whith her soles up against the sharp edge of the sword. that is concentration for you!
oh and the blindfold that is not really a blindfold but a mask with slits infront of the eyes. she can see - bur her vision is focused on just the thing at hand, there are no distractions here.

Lamed - outstreched hand
or to learn or teach

personal responsability, to take the fall yourself and not attribute blame on someone else. boundaries. making the rules and stick to them even when it is hard. Karma
extreme intellect. cold and harsh but rewarding in the long run.

Sulis

The alpha and omega signs within the spheres; that which has been started must be completed.
The name of the card, Adjustment `clicks` with me far better than Justice does. Makes me think that something in my life needs to be adjusted, a big decision needs to be made and carried through.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

Sulis

Just been looking at this card again and noticed that the sword is the same sword as the Ace Swords but pointing down. Do you think that this is to symbolise the truth, justice and clear thinking of the ace being made tangible and real, bringing it down to earth?
What are the significance of the spheres / bubbles?
Any thoughts?

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

Melissa`

crystalmynx said:
Just been looking at this card again and noticed that the sword is the same sword as the Ace Swords but pointing down.

I had noticed this as well a while back. I laid out all the swords cards, looked them over. I assumed (yes I know - bad) possibly at first all the swords were similar. Yet they weren't. These two seem to be the only two swords that resemble each other or exact copies of each other. I had given it thought but didn't come up with any answers. I do however like your idea of bring it down to earth, tangible. That makes sence to me, I'll have to give it more thought now.

Amaya

isthmus nekoi

I think the greek word on that sword is "thelema". Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This may imply that personal will plays a role in adjustment - that you must sync up to.... the greater order of things.

rom

you can find the goddess and the sword at the feet of the heirophant too

rom

crystalmynx said:
The alpha and omega signs within the spheres; that which has been started must be completed.
in my eyes the ALPHA and the OMEGA say that neiter is more important [ultmately] and that t6hey balance each other out. in every siutuation one is needed more then the other...
and it is is a sum zero game [ALPHA + OMEGA = zero]
And also this is JESUS business card [I'm the ALPHA and the OMEGA]

Kaz

kaz

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 507

CAC

Connections Between Ace of Swords and Adjustment

Sulis said:
Just been looking at this card again and noticed that the sword is the same sword as the Ace Swords but pointing down. Do you think that this is to symbolise the truth, justice and clear thinking of the ace being made tangible and real, bringing it down to earth?

Greetings, Tarot Friends!

This is my first post to the forum. What fun! I've been reading cards for about 10 years, but have never been part of an on-line group.

Thanks for calling my attention to the unique connection between the Ace of Swords and Adjustment. Like another poster, I at first assumed that most of the Swords were the same.

I have a habit of pulling a card for the day. I cut the deck and look at the top card as the primary card. This morning it was Adjustment. I often look at the card on the bottom for further meaning. I once did a workshop with Rachel Pollack and Mary Greer and they talked about a bottom card as a hidden foundation of the reading. My bottom card this morning was the Ace of Swords.

A number of years ago, I had my cards read with a very intuitive reader who talked about the Ace of Swords as meaning "choosing to win," at least that is what has stuck in my head. So in this combination of cards, I read Adjustment's upside down sword as the opposite of needing to win or to be right. The person in Adjustment balances between opposites (right and wrong, beginning and end) and in those moments of perfect balance goes beyond small things to see the perfection of the universe. Of course, seemless perfection, like constant balance, might not be that interesting, even if it was possible. This meaning, too, seems to be built into the card through the asymetrical diamonds at the top of the picture, extending further down on the left.

So that is my offering, built from personal meanings I've developed with the cards. Hope they offer someting to you all who have created this great resource!

Be well,
CAC