Amazon, What happened to you?

Libra8ca

I use amazon.ca a lot and I've found, if anything, their service has improved.

They recently lowered the free shipping limit from $39 Canadian to $25 Yay!
(Chapters did the same on the next day).

With amazon.ca, a lot of items have waiting times of a few weeks before they ship, whereas they are in stock with amazon.com -but it's always been like this so no change there.
I found in the past you had to wait until they had all items ready before they would ship. Now, they often ship items that are in stock immediately and then dispatch the rest later without charging extra (though that also depends on the amount that was ordered).

ETA: items usually arrive really fast -within 1-2 business days- probably because I live close to a major city.
I sometimes use amazon.com and amazon.de and find their service is excellent too but the international shipping rates are a little high.

Melancholy

Le Fanu said:
This is gonna get moved.. it isn't exactly tarot decks...

I posted here because this seemed to be the best fit out of all the other forums. After all I did use Amazon.com to order multiple decks. :) Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

IheartTarot

I use Book Depository UK whenever possible, their prices (with free shipping!) are the best for me and customs don't seem interested in their mail. :shhh:

I know BD US is sometimes cheaper but the US mail takes way longer to get here.

The only teeny complaint I have about BD is their flimsy packaging. I paid a bit more for a special book the other day because I wanted to make sure it would be well protected en route. :(

I only use amazon for items BD does not have and to check out buyer reviews. I always check amazon marketplace for OOP books and decks. The product descriptions on amazon are generally USELESS, I double check before I order anything from them. :(

autumn star

For shipping internationally, orders from BookDepository arrive alot quicker.

I order quite a bit from amazon ~ as certain books/decks are hard to find here.

I have found that sometimes items take up to a week to ship but they always let me know that they have stock delays or whatever. Orders take between two to three weeks to arrive here. (Under standard shipping - it's all I can afford)

I don't mind waiting to be honest (to be expected in my part of the world) - all my orders with them have arrived in good condition and before the estimated delivery date too. I have been quite happy with them but I often find that their books have typos and grammatical mistakes ;)

morticia monroe

I like Tarot Garden. Their customer service and shipping is second to none.

rwcarter

I went to Amazon to buy a deck for someone here cause Amazon US won't ship to them. 14 items later, I completed my purchase. Because I did some deck pre-oders, my order was split into four orders, with three of them being pre-orders for decks that won't be released until 2011.

10 of my items were in one order. That one order has been split into 5 shipments. I'm guessing that's because I'm getting Free Super Saver shipping. They can split the order up into as many shipments as they want since the shipping cost isn't coming out of my pocket!

Rodney

Chiska

morticia monroe said:
I like Tarot Garden. Their customer service and shipping is second to none.

DEFINITELY!!

One thing with Amazon - is that I have never had anything come later than what they said it would - if that makes sense. Even when they said I wouldn't get it until, say, October 30, I would still get it several days earlier. Even that FedEx thing they are doing. I don't know if it is because we are in a small town, but once the stuff is at the post office, I will get it as soon as the next carrier goes out!

kabang

I had serious problems with Amazon when I ordered my Kindle. My fiance ordered one with free super saver shipping, and Amazon shipped it UPS. I ordered one, same shipping method, and they sent it USPS... And we have two (actually three) different addresses here in rural New Mexico, one for mail and one for UPS/FedEx. There's no way to find out beforehand how they will ship things, and anything sent to the UPS address via USPS goes all the way out here and all the way back.

Seriously annoying.

Zelmira

I think it depends on the item ordered. I order a lot from Amazon, not always tarot related. Normally I get my stuff for free (more that $25.00) and sooner than I expect it, but if I order books in Spanish they take longer because some of them they actually order them from abroad. Also it is holiday time, so they get a lot of orders. I noticed that also when semesters are about to start in colleges and universities the orders take longer to be shipped, I guess it is due to the volume of sales they get from students. Just my 2 cents,
Zelmira

Glitterbird

Maybe having the Prime makes a difference, as others have said, I placed an order yesterday and got it today. Which is weird in itself because of my rural location.