Ancien TarOWL de Marseille by Marina

MareSaturni

Hi everyone!

Back in college, I had this project in which we had to create something original. I decided to make a majors-only tarot featuring owls instead of humans, because owls are my favorite animals and I love drawing them! My notebooks were full of owls!

I finished the deck, my teachers didn't like it very much (I got a B), and so it ended up forgotten in a drawer. But when I went to the RS10, I took it with me to show it to a friend (coyoteblack). I was surprised that many people found it cute.

So I'm sharing the images of the deck with you. Please, be gentle, as I'm not a very talented artist. Besides, the scans unfortunately do the deck no justice at all... I love colors, and original drawings are very, very colorful. Alas, the scans don't show it.

But here it is, in case there are others fans of Owls and Marseilles decks out there:

ANCIEN TAROWL DE MARSEILLE.

Let me know what you think of it :)

Enjoy!

cardlady22

I would buy the Majors-only deck.
I would buy a full 78 deck.
I would love to see you post them on a site like zazzle where I could get T-shirts, postcards, buttons, etc.

yirabeth

These are really very cute :) Sorry about the grade (not sure what a 7 is though) most times works from the heart don't seem to garner as good a grade as one that matches the *teacher's* heart...

~Yira

Little Hare

its awesome!

it also makes me want to pick up a pen and paper and draw my own! Rock on Marina

Little Hare

MareSaturni

cardlady22 said:
I would love to see you post them on a site like zazzle where I could get T-shirts, postcards, buttons, etc.

Wow, I'm impressed! Personally I love my deck, but I'm not sire other people would like it, because it's not exactly well drawn. But it's cute, I guess :)

yirabeth said:
These are really very cute :) Sorry about the grade (not sure what a 7 is though) most times works from the heart don't seem to garner as good a grade as one that matches the *teacher's* heart...

A 7 is like a B... I corrected that on the post, so everyone can understand the grade that I got for my poor little deck :(

Marcia959

Ditto ditto ditto

Marina, must have deck of Tarowl. =)

cardlady22 said:

coyoteblack

I saw the deck in person I thought it was cute. I also am a fan of the carrot tarot

Lillie

I think it's really cute.

It makes me :)

jacknails

I like it :) It's sweet, innocent and has character. I like how Strength has that little lion, how the Fool has that big hat and the faces on Judgment. Death is the oddest to me, there's just something weird in how the skeleton looks. So if/when you publish it, don't use it on the front box :)

Little Hare

Oooow no i love the skeleton death card :D Leave as is

Pretty please?