Animal Totem Tarot...

HeidiLynn

I've been searching and haven't found any thing about it at all.
Am I the only one looking forward to it?

rachelcat

Oh, it's in stock now! (I've had it in my saved items for a while.) But there sure aren't many pics of the cards around.

I've been looking forward to it. Always on the search for the perfect animal deck.

I even typed up lists of cards/animals for the Animal Wisdom and Animism Tarots over the weekend in preparation for comparing with this one.

(Let me know if you want a copy of the lists. And I'll do one for Animal Totem when I get around to ordering it!)

HeidiLynn

Yes that's the one!

Published by Llewellyn, available from Amazon today.
I've actually had it pre-ordered for over 2 month.
I took a chance with it cause I haven't been able to find images online.

I'm very very much an animal person so I've been very excited about the deck.

CharonMonolith

I'm just hearing about this deck now but it looks amazing! I used to use the Native American Animal Medicine Cards on a daily basis but I've dialed the back a bit because I think I was starting to obsessively let the cards dictate my life. Now, I pull one every few weeks. I'd be interested in this deck to venture out beyond the North American animals.

Shade

What I like about it is that in so many animal decks you just get a picture of the animal in a still shot and you have to infer meanings based on lore associated with the animal. In this deck you get scenes of the animals in question that tie each image a little more strongly to Tarot.

CharonMonolith

What I like about it is that in so many animal decks you just get a picture of the animal in a still shot and you have to infer meanings based on lore associated with the animal. In this deck you get scenes of the animals in question that tie each image a little more strongly to Tarot.

Yeah, my animal deck is basically just a portrait of the animal with the medicine shield. Not a lot of symbolism there unless you know what the animal symbolizes. I read the book over and over with my daily consultations so now I instantly have a pretty good idea what's happening when I pull a card but it wasn't through tracing symbols.

hopena

I just found it in Books a Million, but didn't buy it, because I haven't been using my cards (but keep buying more).

From what I saw on the box, I liked a few of the cards, like the Ace of Wands, and the High Priestess. Also the Four of Pentacles.

Obsydian

It's on my wishlist for when I have some spare cash. I'm dying to see more pictures and read/listen to a good review on it!

Obsydian

The price dropped about $10 on Amazon, so it's a real hot grab right now! Has anybody picked it up?