AQUARIAN TAROT...Borderless...Pocket...Tin

FaintlyMacabre

My backs are borderless but I think I may have ordered my deck from US games catalog. That was a long time ago.

Shade

I know we advanced readers love borderless decks but they really are handy for beginners - and most tarot decks purchased are bought as the first deck a person owns.

That said, I of course would love a borderless Aquarian.

G6

Titles Written in Image of Majors. Titles Added to Minors.

I just realized the apparent size difference on the images is because of the titles added to the minors, so I could trim my Aquarian deck, but in order for the cards to be the same size I would have to trim the titles off of the minors, which seems doable because I'm sure I will know them by sight.

G6

Why is the font in the Judgement card unlike all the others?

FaintlyMacabre

I assume my is like the others. I have multiple fonts. The Lovers, The Hanged Man, The Magician, The Sun. I think if you cut the numbers off the majors and the titles off the minors it would all be the same size, wouldn't it? (None of it bothers me.)

Diana

G6

First Day with the Aquarian ;-)

I assume my is like the others. I have multiple fonts. The Lovers, The Hanged Man, The Magician, The Sun. I think if you cut the numbers off the majors and the titles off the minors it would all be the same size, wouldn't it? (None of it bothers me.)

Diana

There are a few different font styles on the majors, but the font on the Judgement card doesn't fit the others. It's all by itself, which is odd. Why didn't they use one of the other styles? Yep, it'll even out if I cut the titles off of the minors. Overall, I think trimming will make the deck presentation less distracting.

It all bugs me, lol. I like to not notice anything about a deck, but the stunning art work. This is an older deck, so I'm sure many folks have grown used to it, but since it is my first experience with the Aquarian I have to say it is a pretty visually inconsistent deck, which would benefit from all the suggestions made in this thread if a tin edition is produced.

FaintlyMacabre

There are a few different font styles on the majors, but the font on the Judgement card doesn't fit the others. It's all by itself, which is odd. Why didn't they use one of the other styles? Yep, it'll even out if I cut the titles off of the minors. Overall, I think trimming will make the deck presentation less distracting.

It all bugs me, lol. I like to not notice anything about a deck, but the stunning art work. This is an older deck, so I'm sure many folks have grown used to it, but since it is my first experience with the Aquarian I have to say it is a pretty visually inconsistent deck, which would benefit from all the suggestions made in this thread if a tin edition is produced.

I supose it is possible that we are not looking at the same thing since I have the French edition. It's been way too long since I set type but, oh boy, there are array of fonts here - serif and sans serif, bold, condensed, light. The Emperor and Temperance are similar but not the same. Each card is treated as a piece with the title as part of it, I guess (majors). La Force - a very heavy bold sans serif font.

After I posted, I got to thinking that David Palladini had been involved in the Linweave deck and I was right. The majors have something of the feel of a sampler in all those fonts, although I suppose I am used to them.

G6

I supose it is possible that we are not looking at the same thing since I have the French edition. It's been way too long since I set type but, oh boy, there are array of fonts here - serif and sans serif, bold, condensed, light. The Emperor and Temperance are similar but not the same. Each card is treated as a piece with the title as part of it, I guess (majors). La Force - a very heavy bold sans serif font.

Some on the majors seem to have been included by the artist, but I'm guessing others were added by the publisher? The font on the Judgement card just sticks out like a sore thumb in my deck.

FaintlyMacabre

Some on the majors seem to have been included by the artist, but I'm guessing others were added by the publisher? The font on the Judgement card just sticks out like a sore thumb in my deck.

It doesn't bother me (obviously) but if I look, the World and The Wheel of Fortune are too far up. Meaning? Settle down, I guess :)

G6

It doesn't bother me (obviously) but if I look, the World and The Wheel of Fortune are too far up. Meaning? Settle down, I guess :)

Lol �� Perhaps some of these titles are on the actual art from back in the day like someone physically placed them. Would be interested to know the history of the text/fonts, which ones are original art and which are from the publisher. Clearly all the minors were added by the publisher.