Astrological Reading Methods for Pips

SolSionnach

Melanchollic said:
Well, I guess the answer is that a trump (major arcana) can accept aspects from any and all cards, but the only cards that would apply to a querent's question, and be considered meaningful would be 'passed' cards from the quesited's card (not the quesited's card itself). So if you have the WoF in the the 1st House, and the 3 of Batons in the 7th, you would not judge this as an aspect. If you have a King of Batons in the 9th House (quesited's turned 3rd), this would be judged as an aspect, here a trine. This is how I do it, anyway.
Perfect! That's just what I thought you were going to say. :)
Melanchollic said:
Again, find what works for you. Just remember, for each 'idea' you borrow from me, I get one kiss on the cheek! :*
I'm all yours, baby-baby!
Melanchollic said:
I have my Mars in Virgo in the 7th House.
Well, you've got great synastry with Bee and me, because we're both Sun Virgos. Why am I not surprised? So are you a Gemini, or a Cancer? (Sun 29 deg Gem?)
Melanchollic said:
That's it. I think my systemized tendencies are due to Saturn in my 1st house.

:CL M
That would do it. I have Saturn in 4, in Sco. Quite the unpleasant placement, squaring my VI sun. :bugeyed:

Melanchollic

Here is a reading I did for a 'friend of a friend' yesterday. I thought I'd share it since, 1) it is an example of how to work with 'double' quesiteds, and 2) it is scandalous and juicy! })

The querent wanted to know if her husband was sleeping with one of their friends.

bestfreind.jpg

M

Floss

Deck

Frelkins, stunning deck you've used as illustration earlier on in this thread - which one is it? Thanks

frelkins

Floss said:
Frelkins, stunning deck you've used as illustration earlier on in this thread - which one is it? Thanks

Which one post? I believe I have used the Il Meneghello Vacchetta & the Flornoy TdM in this incredible thread. I assume you mean the amazing Vacchetta, so beautifully hand colored by Osvaldo Menegazzi, the genius Italian illustrator from Milan.

Mel turned me on to this deck & it's now my favorite. Reads like a dream besides it's immense aesthetic pleasure.

Bernice

Querent (1st): 7 Cups. Quesited Husband (7th) Page Batons. Quesited Friend (11th) 8 Coins

Querent: 7 Cups
6 Cups in her 2nd: She's concerned about her 'posessions/husband' and of course, her feelings are disturbed (6 cups).
7 Batons in her 4th: Trouble/labouring in her home life.

Quesited: (husband) Page Batons:
In his 4th House = 8 batons. Confirming labour/trouble in the home life.

Both husband & wife are at logger-heads (in the home environment).

Quesited: (Friend) 8 Coins
In the friends 2nd House = 8 Swords and in her 12th House = 8 Batons (!): In her 8th House = Ace Coins.
8 Swords in 2nd is not good (but better than lower sword pips). Seems shes 'receiving' from Ace Coins, but it's causing ruckshons re. what she considers to be her possesions (can't spell).
She has something to hide that's also causing difficulties (8 Batons).

Tangled web:
Husbands 4th and Friends 12th = 8 Batons. Something certainly going on 'twix friend & husband!!!
Husbands 12th Ace Coins is also Friends 8th: He's giving her something for sure.

What to tell the wife?
Does she really want her suspicions confirmed? If it were me, I would.

I've probably missed half-a-dozen other factors. The Friends 2nd is the Querents 12th - evident of the Querents suspicions! What was your answer. I mean, what did you say Mel?

Bee

SolSionnach

Grrlfriend, you killed here. I just have a couple of things to add...
Bernice said:
Querent (1st): 7 Cups. Quesited Husband (7th) Page Batons. Quesited Friend (11th) 8 Coins

Querent: 7 Cups
6 Cups in her 2nd: She's concerned about her 'posessions/husband' and of course, her feelings are disturbed (6 cups).
why do you say that her feelings are disturbed? because cups = feelings, and it's further down in Mel's realm of goodness/badness (tm)?
Bernice said:
7 Batons in her 4th: Trouble/labouring in her home life.
Just a correction: 7 *swords* in the 4th. Even worse - open warfare at home.
Bernice said:
Quesited: (husband) Page Batons:
In his 4th House = 8 batons. Confirming labour/trouble in the home life.

Both husband & wife are at logger-heads (in the home environment).
very good. I didn't notice this at first.
Bernice said:
Quesited: (Friend) 8 Coins
In the friends 2nd House = 8 Swords and in her 12th House = 8 Batons (!): In her 8th House = Ace Coins.
8 Swords in 2nd is not good (but better than lower sword pips). Seems shes 'receiving' from Ace Coins, but it's causing ruckshons re. what she considers to be her possesions (can't spell).
repercussions, I think you meant
Bernice said:
She has something to hide that's also causing difficulties (8 Batons).

Tangled web:
Husbands 4th and Friends 12th = 8 Batons. Something certainly going on 'twix friend & husband!!!
Husbands 12th Ace Coins is also Friends 8th: He's giving her something for sure.
Not only that, but are we also dealing with 'other people's money' - friend's 8th house? In which case he's giving her money, in addition to whatever other 'batons' are going on? :(
Bernice said:
What to tell the wife?
Does she really want her suspicions confirmed? If it were me, I would.

I've probably missed half-a-dozen other factors. The Friends 2nd is the Querents 12th - evident of the Querents suspicions! What was your answer. I mean, what did you say Mel?
That being said - any friend's second is going to be the querent's 12th, right? But it's more important here, because the querent's 12th passes from the friend's 1st? Am I making sense?
Bernice said:

Melanchollic

Bernice said:

"He's giving her something for sure"!!! :bugeyed: Bernice!! (Naughty.)

Well, I reckon we are all in agreement on that point. :D The clearest indicator of 'relationship' is the mutual conjunction via the 1 of Coins and the 8 of Batons. Some of the possible inferences here would be, SHE (the friend) started the affair. The 8 of Batons could suggest that the husband is feeling the affair is labored, and perhaps would be open to ended it. Alternatively, since the friend also passes to the 8 of Batons, it could show that this affair has been going on for some time.

I was also struck by the aspects.

The querent via the passed 6 of Cups forms a three-way trine with the husband via the 8 of Batons, and with the friend via the 1 of Coins. At the same time, the querent has an opposition via the 7 of Swords to the 8 of Batons, which represents both the friend and the husband together (as both pass to it)!! Interesting! No? This shows how when the friend and husband are taken separately, everything is fine, or at least the pretense of normality is being kept. Yet, when the friend and husband are taken as a 'couple', opposition occurs! The opposition seems to be what is affecting the home life (7 of Swords). The 'home-life' is literally opposed to the husband and friend together! Sevens are called 'critical point' by the Pythagy's. This issue could make or break the whole marriage.

:heart: M

Bernice

I'll have to mull over your delination/comments Mel. Neat!

In the meantime, I've been attempting to create a diagram so as to easily see (at a glance) the suit values AND the pip values. Well, I've done one. Not a master-piece, and it will need modifying. Mainly the text I think. Anyhow see what you think - change it, re-word it, whatever, if it helps in any way. Here it is:

http://tazmaria.multiply.com/photos/album/2/Marseille

Bee :)

EDIT: Hmm... I'll have to make the 7s 'critical'...

Melanchollic

Love the diagram(s) Bernice. Logical and perfect as a mnemonic tool. :love:

:CL M