Astrological Reading Methods for Pips

SolSionnach

Mel - thanks for your thoughts. Like Bee, I'm going to be doing some mulling over the whole aspects thingy.

Bee - nice chart! :)
I printed out the running list that Mel posted (in the other thread?), I find that works for me. Remember how he linked up the 1s, 7s, 4s and 10s? Perhaps a color (red = good/hot; blue = bad/cold? the opposite?) for the points of the stars would link them up more closely.

Or - use the whole rainbow, in order.

'Vana walks off, mumbling to herself...

SolSionnach

Mel, here's a question - if your querent had asked "is my husband having an affair?" (vs. having an affair w/my *friend*), would the other woman be indicated with the husband's turned 5th house - ie, also the 11th? or his 8th (quesited's 2nd?) OR his 12th (quesited's 6th).

Inquiring minds want to know

Melanchollic

According to John Frawley in his Horary Textbook,

"So even if the querent is married, his mistress is still 7th house; what he does with her is 5th."

"In many relationship questions there is more than one 7th house person involved: 'I'm married, but do I have a future with my lover?' Always give Lord 7 to the person specifically asked about, which in this example is the lover. We can, if necessary, then find another planet to signify the other one. It is usually safe to take Saturn as significator of the unwanted spouse. If in doubt, the receptions will make the choice of planet clear, or confirm that we have chosen correctly..."

:CL M

Bernice

Hello Sravana, Mel, and Frelkins... (you popped up then disappeared again!),

Question/chart: Is her husband sleeping with her friend?

Bee: Querent: 7 Cups
6 Cups in her 2nd: She's (wife) concerned about her 'posessions/husband' and of course, her feelings are disturbed (6 cups).

Quote: Sravana: why do you say that her feelings are disturbed? because cups = feelings, and it's further down in Mel's realm of goodness/badness (tm)?
The wife relates/passes to 2nd House, 1st = Cups. 2nd = Cups. And yes, the pip numbers are loitering around the 'not so good' region of Mels' values. Also the 2nd relates to our 'personal' feelings - the ones we 'possess'.
Bee: 7 Batons in her 4th: Trouble/labouring in her home life.

Quote: Sravana: Just a correction: 7 *swords* in the 4th. Even worse - open warfare at home.
Oh cripes! mis-typed that, then believed it... you're right, warfare on the home front!
Bee: but it's causing ruckshons re. what she considers to be her possessions (can't spell).
I meant ruckons, ructions(?), rucktions(?). STILL can't spell it! A running series of 'ruckus' occurring.
Bee: Husbands 12th Ace Coins is also Friends 8th: He's giving her something for sure.

Sravana: Not only that, but are we also dealing with 'other people's money' - friend's 8th house? In which case he's giving her money, in addition to whatever other 'batons' are going on?
But the question wasn't about money. However the Friend is Coins and is passing to her 8th - with an Ace, maybe she's up for whatever she can get! (Let's blacken her even more)
Bee:...The Friends 2nd is the Querents 12th - evident of the Querents suspicions!

Sravana: That being said - any friend's second is going to be the querent's 12th, right? But it's more important here, because the querent's 12th passes from the friend's 1st? Am I making sense?
Not sure... The Friend passes to her own 2nd House, which also happens to be the Querents 12th. Thinking --- isn't this a conjunction?

Mel:
The Ace Coins conjunct 8 batons. Cheers Mel.
1 Coins (friend) trine 8 Batons (husband) trine 6 Cups (wife).

Oh my gwad... a perfect Grand Trine - a very easy (over-easy, one might say!) aspect.

After digesting what you said about this chart, "Yet, when the friend and husband are taken as a 'couple', opposition occurs!". I wondered if it could be mirroring the Querent thoughts/imagination. The question was 'loaded' wasn't it?

What if the Querent had asked, "Is my husband being true to our relationship/marriage?" Would we have looked to the 12th House (secrets) as the second Quesited instead of the the 11 House?

Just re-considering things....

Bee

frelkins

bee said:
1 Coins (friend) trine 8 Batons (husband) trine 6 Cups (wife).

hey all, just back from 3 weeks in India! Let me get my head back into this space. ..

But to my mind the line above says it all. (ahem) This isn't exactly a family thread at this time!

So let me be blunt. The 8 Batons could be immediately seen as, um, the lingam, and the flat A Coins the um, yoni. This is a combination of symbols I saw all over India, so maybe that's resonant in my mind.

As for the wife, ahem, she has her 6, um, receptacles, but her husband has 8 -- I think the core problem here is that due to their sword-y quarrelling they just don't have enough nookie for hubby and he's taken his excess Batons elsewhere, to be very EE about the issue! :D

i know you don't read like this, Mel, but sometimes i find including the "design details" adds extra oomph.

Bernice

Welcome back Frelkins! Wondered where you'd gone to. India sounds facinating. Hope you really enjoyed it.

Well, I think that spread said it ALL - and as you say the E.E.s delination would perhaps have gone further. LOL! (very graphic indeed, if one might say so :))

Bee

Bernice

The Wife - Husband question?

I've been mulling over that spread for the Wife and (errant) Husband. The cards so strongly reflected the Wifes' (Querent) suspicions, it seemed like an overkill. Anyhow, I decided to cast the cards and see if the same/similar would happen.

Question: "Is the Wifes' husband being true to their relationship/marriage?"

Here's what I got.

wifehusband2.png

Very basic delination

Wife (querent):........... 8 Cups. She has problems - not a happy bunny.
Husband (quesited):....2 Cups. Very good card.

YES, he's being 'true'. This is Occupation by Suit so the answer is yes, and that the Querent(wife) will be happy with this answer.

A bit deeper: They both 'share' the 9 Cups.

1) For her it's in the 5th house where she has difficulties re. creative/enjoyable pursuits, or perhaps concerning children. Anyhow = unhappy.

2) For him it's his 11th house. Difficulty in finding enjoyment with friends and/or group activities.

The Husband.
His 2 Cups passes to his 4th House with 2 Swords.
His experiences his home-life as being very difficult indeed.

Seems the wife is perhaps a 'non-mixer'. Not interested in anything outside of their two-some. A small world.
Seems the husband would like to extend their two-some to include other people and leisure interests. Feels trapped?

Now I'm wondering if the cards reflect what the 'reader' is thinking when the cards are drawn. (?!) When I drew the cards I was focussing on the question =
What is actual truth of the situation, is the husband being True?

However, the original spread certainly exercised us! And it was juicy!

Bee

Hooked on TdM

I didn't even see the first one! That is great Bee. I think I even understand it! ;)

Would you mind if I print off a copy for my notes?

Hooked

Bernice

Hi ya HoT!

I've added a blog entry re. the second diagram. A simple explanation, cribbed from Mel - but acknowledging him as 'author'.

Am hoping he'll turn up and let us know why he sees Cups & Coins as male and Swords & Batons as female. I suspect he has some arcane reason, one we've not twigged - yet :)

Bee

PS. By all means snaffle the pics and print 'em :)