Attention, edgers, gilders, and blingers: what are your tools of choice?

RiverRunsDeep

Okay, I bought the Bic Mark It 3 pack and it's a bit of a dud. The Platinum Silver is more of a gray and the pen barely made it through one deck. I'm considering edging it again with another pen, but this first attempt does kinda go with the deck as is. This deck is tricky to edge because the backs are black, but the faces have a white border. Have a look and tell me what you think.

Anyone have recommendations for silver and/or gray pens that won't bleed to the other side? Thanks! :)

Bic markers to avoid + Zombie Tarot edged in what looks like an ashy, powdery, gray...

The color does look more gray than silver in the picture, but I still like
the effect very much. After all, "ashy" and "gray" seem like perfect
descriptions to go with a deck full of zombies! :laugh:

G6

The color does look more gray than silver in the picture, but I still like
the effect very much. After all, "ashy" and "gray" seem like perfect
descriptions to go with a deck full of zombies! :laugh:

I know, right? I'm just sitting with it for a minute because it does have a subtleness to it that I like and seems to work. I think if it was full blown silver it might be too polished or something for this deck.

G6

The byzantine. The edges were white.

This looks like it might be a perfect match for my Fantastical Tarot (see image below). I'm a little hesitant because I luv this deck and it's OOP, but at the same time it should have matching edges!!! :)

Thoughts? Opinions?

Attachments

• Fantastical_Tarot.jpg
    Fantastical_Tarot.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 325

FLizarraga

This looks like it might be a perfect match for my Fantastical Tarot (see image below). I'm a little hesitant because I luv this deck and it's OOP, but at the same time it should have matching edges!!! :)

Thoughts? Opinions?

The only reason not to edge an OOP deck is if you plan to pass it on at some point. If it's a keeper, why not?

And yes, I think metallic gold edges would really suit those borders.

G6

The only reason not to edge an OOP deck is if you plan to pass it on at some point. If it's a keeper, why not?

And yes, I think metallic gold edges would really suit those borders.

Do you have metallic pen recommendations?

FLizarraga

Do you have metallic pen recommendations?

See my first post: basically Tsukineko Brilliance pads, Krylon leafing pens, and Sharpies.

The good thing about those borders is that if you mess up a little it won't be noticeable.

G6

See my first post: basically Tsukineko Brilliance pads, Krylon leafing pens, and Sharpies.

The good thing about those borders is that if you mess up a little it won't be noticeable.

I thought people were saying the Sharpies are no good. The metallic ones are good?

FLizarraga

I thought people were saying the Sharpies are no good. The metallic ones are good?

I use them all the time. The tip of the gold ones has a tendency to dry up quickly for some reason, otherwise they are great. Not as pretty or lasting as the Tsukineko or the Krylon, but less messy.

Yelell

This inspired me to try to edge the golden universal in gold too. It's not oop or expensive so why not. It did not go exactly as it did on the last deck- it's a thinner card stock. I like it and it looks good, but there IS one thing.

It occurs to me now that I'm maybe dumber than you all, but I did what I did the last time --- I straightened the deck up and carefully colored the whole deck edge at once. I worked lightly and slowly and let it dry a few minutes. This time, the gold seeped in between the cards a bit, and even stuck them together. They came apart fine, but left some gold marks over the edge of many of the cards. I don't mind at all and really like what I've done, however, this may be something to think about. Then again, I 'm wondering if I was supposed to do each card individually, in which case ignore me as I slink away.

FLizarraga

As long as YOU like it, Yelell, that's absolutely fine. And yeah, you're supposed to edge the cards individually. I, too, learned that the hard way.

But like I said, live and learn, and if you like it, well, no harm done. :)