Bad people...Why are they like this???

Ramses

Hey folks...
How are you?...Hope you?re all fine !!!

Well...you know...sometimes I wonder...Why are bad people like this?...Why do some people commit crimes, violence and other terrible acts against other people?...Why do some people kill others?...

Do you think some people are born evil???...Or something has happened to them, to make?m that way???...
I mean...I think most of us can?t get why some people commit such violent acts towards others...like those killers, for instance, who torture and kill...Are they natural born evil spirits???

Well...so, I was thinking that, maybe, these people have lost the sense of life...Maybe, for them, life has no meaning, no value, nothing...Maybe they have lost the sense of reality so badly, that they see other people just, for example, as the characters of a video game...

Sometimes, I see no meaning in life, too...Why are we here?...To suffer?...To die?...To learn?What for?...Why were we created so not perfect?....well, but this is something for another post...
But, eventhough I sometimes see no meaning in life, that doesn?t make me kill others, or harm others...

I could write about this subject for ages, ?cause it brings so many other issues along with it...but, I don?t wanna bother you, folks...maybe I?ll put it in my book, when I write it, as some people have asked ....lol...

Well...What?s your opinion on that ???

Liliana

bad people are bad either because of environment or a mental defect. I suppose some are manipulated by darker spirits, but there has to be some thing wrong for a darker spirit to be able to do it in the first place. People born withamental defect really cant help it.But environment plays a large factor. Its no wonder so many teens are killing nowdays. First, many have experienced the endless harassing for even the slightless thing thatmakes them different, usually things they cant really control like weight, height, glasses,etc. I know I experienced this. Then there's nothing but violence on tv. And the violence seems to bea solution to the prolem. Kids thinking that shooting someone is a way to get rid of them forever, but not understanding death. That andgenerations of predujuices are passed down to the kids,no matterhow pc we say we are we just arent, or if the parents are the tv or grandparents arent. And the othercause is some churches. The teach gays are evil,witches areevil,sex is evil, with evil lurking around every corner no wonder kids flip. Especially when churches canbesohypocritical(ie the Catholic Priest Child Abuse Scandal happening now).

zorya

this is not a question that can be easily answered, but if i were to try to simplify an answer i would say.......
people who do "bad things", make their choices from a place of fear, instead of a place of love. this is why i try to have compassion, even for those who hurt me.

mehrdad

Some might argue that Evil really does not exist and only an opinionated observational view from a different point. For example, in the Middle East, if you are Israelis then Palestinians are Evil and if you were a Palestinian you would strongly argue that Israelites are Evil.

But clearly Evil exists and we see its manifestation in so many ways. We see evil in wars, material or mental poverty, in the actions of serial killers, or those who in the name of religion, god or self created ideas kill innocent people.

I think you are questioning why Evil exists and you are wondering about the need and the use of its existence. In Zoroastrian creed, Evil and God are two faces of the same coin and one without the other cannot be. According to this philosophy, Evil is the shadow side of God or in another word, God and Evil are the same thing from two opposite faces. In Avesta, the Zoroastrian?s holy book, it describes that God and Evil are twin brothers born from the same source.

We see many examples of such a notion in concepts such as light and dark, up and down, good and bad, hot and cold, beauty and ugly, Yen and Yang, positive and negative, electron and proton, feminine and masculine and on and on. The fact is that we would not be able to understand what light is if there was no dark to contrast it. We have to know what cold is before we understand the qualities of hotness and vise versa. How can you recognize the characteristic of something if there is no opposition to differentiate it? You understand what good is if you know about badness and you can picture what Yen might be if you know what Yang is.

This model is basic but very powerful, in which the progress occurs because of the opposites of positives and negatives. There would not be people, Earth, our solar system, world, and our universe if there were no opposites to force an action to create them. Without the opposites everything would stay static and always the same, with no shape or form. Evil needed because without it there would not be a God to fight against it. If there were no bad people then there would not be a need for good people to have existence. Good needs Bad to survive and they both are needed for our world to be.

According to Avesta, our world is the result of the battles that these two identical beings, God and Evil, have launched against one another and our globe is nothing but a combat scene. If eventually one is successful to defeat the other then our world and its excuse of being would seize to exist and the universe would end.

amyel

I haven't read the other posts yet, so all I can say is I wish I knew what motivated bad people to be bad. If we knew, then perhaps we could do something about it! Create a pill or something. :)

But then this raises another question and that is: Can the world exist without some sort of bad/evil? I mean, if it was all good, would the world fall out of balance?

truthsayer

i totally agree w/ mehrdad's response. no need for me to repeat what he eloquently stated.

kayne

I really don't beleive there are any bad people, they just do bad things for various reasons. We all have varrying degrees of good and bad in us... most of us choose or naturally harness the good aspects of our personality.

What makes someone bad? Terrible acts are commited and I am not so forgiving that I can consider these things anything other than evil but I always believe there is some good in everyone... If they choose, even people who have done terrible things can bring light into the world. :TTEMP

Kiama

The Irenaen theory of Evil's Existence says that this world is a 'Vale of Soul-Making', where our souls are prepared for the next world. The theory states that we experience evil as part of our learning and spiritual growth.

Another theory (Augustian) is less accpted than the other... It states that evil is on this Earth, cuz whilst God intended for it to be perfect, it "Fell' from perfection throgh Lucifer's treason, and the Fall from Eden...

Of course, the question arises as to WHY human beings have to do evil... We don't know. Nobody's answered that one yet. Although he people wonder wy there is evil in the world, and why we have to expereiene it, the usual answer from Philosophers nd Theologians is that we should not expect a Hedonistic Paradise! God/Creator of the World is a parent, and parents, although caring fro their cildren, do not wrap them in cotton wool and protect them from all forms of sufferng, evil, pain etc... We all agree that such a practie would leave the child ill-equipped for life. The same is true of the World and the Creator, only on a bigger scale.

Kiama

Musicman

mehrdad ,

I totally agree and your post is eleguently said. The same idea is also behind the teachings of Swiss physcologist Carl.G.Jung, who also believed that both good and evil are the two sides of God. We must learn to intergrate and accept our 'shadow' sides in order to become whole. Wholesome, not in the sense of perfection, but in the sense of a balance of both light and darkness, thus a healthy individual. Life to me is many shades of grey.

Malachite

hmmm...good deep question...and glad you're back...we were sat here wondering what to ask each other!...

I think, like some people have said, that good and evil are not absolute concepts. There are the opposing forces of creation and destruction, and which you think is evil depends on your perspective. As an extreme example, which doesn;t really hold up to much scrutiny, a lot of people in post-depression Germany thought that the Nazi regime was a good, solid government. The fact that we think it was evil because it encouraged blaming, hating, and annihilating ethnic, cultural and social minorities doesn;t change the fact that it took one of the world's major countries out of extreme poverty... (btw, I don't support Nazism, I'm just attempting to look at it from both sides...)

Attempting to define Good and Evil is a structure that people have designed between themselves, to encourage thinking about the consequences of your actions before making them. Aligning them with creation and destruction is to malign the basic concepts of existence. Without death, birth would be not be needed. Without Birth, death could not occur. They are the flip sides, the balancing energies.

'Evilness' in people is doing things that hurt other people, and improve your own position, like corrupt businesses that make profits from third-world labour, or drug pushers that encourage addiction to keep themselves in profit.
I think that this is down to choice. However, that doesn't mean that energies around a person cannot affect this.. If you got fired, divorced and sued in one day, you'd be pretty darn annoyed. If the people around you are angry, or if you work in a high stress environment, you will pick up that negative energy.

Sometimes there are medical reasons tho. Psychopathy is a syndrome where you are incapable of realising the consequences of your actions on other people. Lots of people have it in minor forms. I don't know if that can be cured, but it results in lots of 'evil' things.