What are energy Vampires

Angel Star

Energy Vampires are people who suck others psychic energy or your energy for that matter sometimes this is done totally unintentional other times its done on purpose. It can cause alot of problems with your energies and readings etc. It can be very upsetting. There is a new book out called Psychic Vampires by Joe Slate.

funkpuss

Hi

Have a look under chat/ friendhip it might help you understand, but I get them all the time, they can even be your friends or family but they are just users, even if sometimes they don't think so.

As from a few days ago I nolonger go out of my way for users, even if they need my help. I can't keep feeling sorry for people or playing mother Teresa all my life. I need some blood for myself.

I used to give an old so- called friend readings ALL the time and anytime I need her ie. when my mother died, was she there NO! not even a phone call, card nothing.

I had more help from this forum than the friend that I had but Vampires are everywhere!!! Just make sure that you don't have any time for them.

Funky

Angel Star

Yep I can sense these people all the time. They seem attracted to my energies but i have gotten alot better about these types since studying some psychic protection techniques. They are takers i agree rarely givers. I just realized my sister-in-law used to be like this alot but not so much anymore. Go figure thanks for your reply

purplelady

I Like your answer Funky! ;) . There are many users. (Is a "user" the same exact thing as an energy vampire?) . Having no time for them is probubly a good solution. Occasionally , I will turn the tables and use a user!

All Is One

Glad I found this thread-

the few people I've known in my life that I believed to be strong empaths or receivers (nice beyond the point of self-preservation: those feeling-intuitives who never claimed to be have powers of any kind and who had never even offered a reading of ANY kind to ANYONE-

Those were the people who would mention, often, the feeling that this or that friend we both knew had tried to "stick a straw into my chest and suck out everything they could get"----- and I had watched these rare folk at bird shows and AA meetings and our trips to the county fair- where these
sweet light-filled souls were stopped by every kind of acqaintance and long lost friend and complete pan- handler that they tried to pass-

As if their light sent out signals to light-starved creatures of ALL sorts- and it was actually awful to go out with one of my closest friends, to get stuck while some stranger used every trick there could be to keep her focus off the fact that he/she was sucking the life force out of my friend!

I'm struck by the finding of this topic, when Susie and I have had another in a long history of "time-outs" in our friendship- because I moved away and I let some things go wrong- or misunderstood-

She has been my best friend for about 4 years-

Anyone who is interested in artists, in people that have light beyond measure and NEVER admit it, please visit her web site - she breeds hundreds of parrots-all kinds, and taught me all I know of birds, and light, and
accepting people along with the limits they need to set. . .

www.ecletusville.com

I don't know how to "link" my hand to my wrist - so there ya go-

if anyone does go there, and might pick up any clue to my fixing this
misunderstanding- after I fell in love w/current B/F 6 months ago- I could use the input SO much. . . . she lives 15 minutes away-
thanks for listening to me whine. . .

a.w.

All Is One

the link may work as:
http:\\www.eclectusville.com\

I hope so-it is an incredible source of all her art work just to copy for your own use- and if you wanted to use her angel page of freely offered angels she would probably be thrilled- I 'd watched her do these pieces for years thinking ("it is a complete deck of tarot cards. . .)

Maybe someone will have a new friend after they see the site-
maybe an insight for me- on how to approach someone I may have hurt in the way you mentioned people have hurt you, and it is hard
to face that idea!

Angel Star

Hi All in One. I was very touched by your post on psychic vampires. I am one of the empaths but so much more in control now that I have studied spirituality and metaphysics. This used to be a common problem for me when i was in my 20's. I am now 36 and have had to severe several friendships because of this "thing" I never could understanding. The draining feeling that would come from giving so much from people who would take. Some out there that are Psychic Vampires want help some don't. Its a vicious cycle. I recommend reading Psychic Vampires bye Joe H. Slate. I am in the middle of the book but so far its pretty interesting. Love and light to you :)

Spasticgirlie

I have only heard the term energy vampyre used for the first time one week ago. It had to do with a person that I know. And after they explained it to me I see what they were talking about. It isnt nice but there isnt anything I can do due to the situation that it is dealing with. As you all can probably tell I am new to these types of things. =)

Angel Star

There is alot you can do to protect yourself. If you can't seem to get around the situation you can still protect yourself from being drained. I didn't get the whole story but you can protect yourself others do not have the right to take your energy without your consent. Try to pick up the book Psychic Vampires you can find more info on Llewellyn website on this book if your interested in knowing more. Take care. :)

Spasticgirlie

Unfortunatly, it was not me that my friends were worried about getting drained. We have a friend that is going out with the person. According to them, she doesnt want to accept it. But then again I also do not know the whole story.