Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

Well, you can see them as cookies as long as you see them as wooden cookies (they are actually emblems from a wooden door). Puppets don't eat baked cookies you know, only carved ones ;-)

baba-prague

ncefafn said:
This is the look I get most often from my cats. :laugh:

By the way, me too. Some of the cats I've had in the past have been particularly good at this look LOL

Demonesse

The Strength card is very nice indeed. Eight Pents is also very cute.

The Devil is mediocre. It doesn't stand out; feels almost like a minor. Not for lack of darkness, but it doesn't strike me the way the other cards have done - not much to say about it.

I'm all for a larger size; it will allow the details to stand out more. High, bright colours would be very nice.

baba-prague

Oh well, I'll have to disagree. I think The Devil is one of the best - but then I can see the full card rather than a low-res, maybe that makes a difference?

We can agree to disagree on this one :) To me, this image has real atmosphere. I like Strength too, but I'm prouder of The Devil as it was a hard card to do.

HudsonGray

Those cookies look like shortbread! I like it! LOL Every one has a cookie to hold.

What's that in his hand, an iron arm with a fist on it? I thought at first it was a carving tool, but seeing the closeup, it's a fist. I'm guessing it's a puppet part, right?

Love the look he's giving, that 'go away, I'm busy' glare.

baba-prague

HudsonGray said:
Those cookies look like shortbread! I like it! LOL Every one has a cookie to hold.

LOL - I've been thinking of putting recipes on my blog - haven't had time as yet but keep meaning to do it. Maybe I should begin with the "Puppet Pentacle Shortbreads"? I think they should be cinnamon-flavoured :)

Theia

WOW, this will be a great deck.

augursWell

baba-prague said:
LOL - I've been thinking of putting recipes on my blog - haven't had time as yet but keep meaning to do it.
You mentioned your blog earlier, I think, but where do we find it? An URL please. :)

These cards just keep getting better. It's like with a musical CD, I wait until I've heard a couple of tracks from it. If I like them I figure I'll like the rest of the CD so I buy the CD. Just from the cards you've shown so far this is a deck worth buying, according to my scrooge-like rule of thumb. :D

I have the Victoria Regina and the larger size of the cards just work for that deck. It is part and parcel with the ambiance of the deck. A larger size for these Baroque cards makes sense with the whole Baroque tradition. Massively gilded ornate objects of mystical inquiry, if you get what I mean. I also really like the idea of a smaller edition for travel as it were, the way the Thoth(two editions) is as someone mentioned.

baba-prague

That photo! Do you know, I haven't seen a cat that big, but I do know of one. One of the Siberian breeders we know told us that one of her kittens was TEN KILOS at the age of seven months. Can you imagine? I believe her, she is an honest woman and I know that the father of that kitten is himself very very large.

Siberians, like Maine Coons, are a really big breed. Our Lotte's dad is pretty enormous but she is actually quite small - in a way I'm relieved!

________

Another card or so to come today I hope - the website is still not done (honestly, it's been going on for ever, though in fact it's quite simple).