Best Faery Decks

Faery Decks You Own and Use

• Total voters

rash212

I voted for the Faeries Oracle... I yet dont have this deck in my hand but its definately is on its way.. i should get it by a week and you bet I am excited:)!

The first time i saw the scans on the computer, there was something so intruiging and mystical about it, that I JUST HAD TO HAVE THIS DECK!!!...

Fulgour

Not to detract from the appreciation of her fans...
(I have a couple of nice air fresheners) but maybe
it would be worth adding a brief comment about:

Faery Wisdom Deck
by Amy Brown & Nancy Brown
64 cards, 136 page book

$40.50 ($35.00 plus $5.50 shipping)

Amazon review: Why do we need this? (January 25, 2006) I'm sorry. Nothing personal against Ms. Brown, but enough is enough. You have your fairy paintings plastered over every conceivable surface from greeting cards to air fresheners. Did you really need to venture into the Tarot/Oracle market? You already have "collectible" cards in circulation. All the art in this deck has been in circulation before now. It is an obvious ploy to cash in on another market. by "TwoPynts" Florida USA

Rhiamon

I have Spirit of Flowers, healing with the fairies, and Forest Folklore and I love them all...I traded away the fairy ring, and froud's, but I still love those fae ;)

Shadow Wolf

I have the Forest Folklore deck on my wishlist. I would also love to have the Fairy Tarot and the Fairy Wicca Tarot. Working on adding them.

hmmm.....I do have a birthday coming up in May !!!!!!

Unknownspirit

The only Fae decks I have are Faeries Oracle and Secret Forest.
Both are great, I hope I can get more later this year

Sidhe-Ra

I love my Faerie's Oracle! I'm hoping to meet Brian Froud later this year, so I can heap my appreciation over him.

But let's not forget the 'Tarot of the Sidhe', coming soon to a website near you...;)

Elven

I love my Froud Faeries, and I also really like my Fairy Oracle by Sulamith Wulfing - they're beautiful - theres no book, you read them intuitively from the poem on the card. Theres a new deck I am hoping to get this week - 'message from the elfs and fairies' - this is the tiniest deck Ive ever seen. Cross fingers I'll get it tomorrow!! I'll let you know what its like :)

Blessings
Elven x

whipsilk

Really? Faeries Oracle

I'm very surprised that the Froud/Macbeth Faeries' Oracle is way on top. I voted for the Fairy Ring Oracle, although normally I'm not a big fan of oracle decks. But Faeries' Oracle has two BIG drawbacks for me:

First, and most important, the artwork was not done specifically for the deck. I'm a great believer that whatever cosmic energy/consciousness an artist subscribes to helps guide that artist in the creation of the art for each card. Froud's work is pretty and sometimes fascinating, but much of it is very repetitive, and as an oracle deck it's intensely cold for me. It just seems very flat. The Fairy Ring, on the other hand, positively zings with energy and life and the love and thought the makers put into the creation of each card.

Far less important, but still a factor in my dislike of this deck, is the fact that the backs of the cards actually use the illustration of one of the cards in the deck. For me, that gives that particular card an added weight that simply shouldn't be there. Quite frankly, in fact, I'd never encountered a deck which used one of the card illustrations for the card back, and I really disliked it (especially since it was an image I didn't particularly care for in the first place).

Most of the other decks I'm simply not familiar with. If any of you Faeries' Oracle users are unfamiliar with The Fairy Ring, let me recommend you take a close look at it -- you just might find yourself being converted.

Fulgour

Thanks FaeryGodmother

FaeryGodmother said:
Fulgour, I'm sorry but I personally haven't seen what you are looking for, hopefully someone will come along soon who wil know it. :)
Wisdom of The Elves & Fairies by Gayan Sylvie Winter
AGMuller ISBN 3-905219-84-0

& Thanks :) Elven!

Fulgour

Kinda Nice

Fairy Oracle Cards
by Sulamith Wulfing

Publisher: Bluestar Communications 1999
(Mine say "Printed in Belgium")
ISBN: 1885394357

Amazon Review

Book Description: Sulamith Wülfing’s ethereal paintings make the world of fairies visible to the naked eye. In this deck, forty of Sulamith Wülfing’s most beautiful fairy paintings have been selected as an inspiration for daily life. The words on each card complement the artwork, making this deck an effective tool for understanding how fairies can help us successfully overcome our human travails.

About the Author: Internationally acclaimed artist Sulamith Wulfing was born in 1901 in Wuppertal-Elberfeld, Germany and had her first exhibition of paintings there in 1923. During WWII, she was forced to flee the Nazis with her son and mother while her husband fought for Germany. The family experienced a number of tragic events before they were reunited at Christmas 1945. (She was convinced that only the spiritual support of her teacher, Jiddu Krishnamurti, kept her from the concentration camps.) The years after the war were filled with intense artistic activity and publishing. She died in March 1989 at the age of 88.