and my son is a Pisces
I have a pisces north node and my hubby a scorpio north node
I think the motto of the story needs to include
a light house, a boat and floaties

blessings

MARINA
LOL, Marina!
And you're very welcome!
But I have to thank RainWolf, for she's the one who posted the poll that gave me the idea, because it's such a hilarious poll. :D

And interestingly enough, with Water signs for both parents, no wonder you were named "Marina". :D It's a beautiful name, BTW. If you take both of my daughters' first names and squished them together, it'd be "Marina." :)

But floaties? Eeeuw. You mean dead bodies? Oh. Wait. No. Those are float-ers. LOL. You must mean buoys? Der. :D

MCsea

AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh krysia322
YOU ARE SWEET! - and it is really my name too MARINA
(but Im a Virgo and a geologist - lucky eh)

Floaties - hmm inflatable swim trainers for children - water wings? yea a buoys for all those emotional ups and downs!

blessings

MARINA

Piper

My daughter's a Scorpio (and I'm a Sag), and I can't believe how emotionally connected she is to me. If I feel the slightest bit of anger, or stress, she's there wailing in my ear.

SirenRising

I hate Cancer (along with Gemini). I can't even stand staying too close to them. They are among the most jealous people i ever seen, they manage to beat Taurus & Scorpio in this department. Also the «family ties» thing annoy me... every crab (lunar/solar)i know as some sort of Édipo/Electra's complex - strangely, the females with their mother. I know a Pisces rising/moon guy (Capricorn sun) who is just so...watery. His skin/hair is so oily and he has this amphibian hands. Also is very artistic, have huge imagination but lacks compassion and is the most selfish person i know. I never met a pisces sun but, overall, i think it's a complex sign. The best for last: Scorpio. They have a refined sensibility, just show subtle signs of it. Among other traits, i admire their endurance, passion and loyalty.

Gemini Rising

Krysia--I'm glad there's at least some nurturing Cancer males out there! As for Scorpios, I think everyone's attracted to them like a moth to a flame...they're just so...magnetic. It's spooky. And of course, I admire their intensity. I wish I could scare people that easily with one glance...but no, I have to WORK at manipulating people by smiling and being charming and doing the whole "get them to see my side of the issue" thing. Boy, if I were a Scorpio, I'd shoot them one gaze and that would be that...

I DO think Cancer is more stubborn than any other sign. And they're stubborn about EVERYTHING. It HAS to be THEIR way or you might as well just burn in hell. And of course, I don't like it when I can't manipulate people to my side of an issue with my Libran charm.

As for Pisces, I don't think there IS a more complex sign. I read that since it's the last sign of the zodiac it's a culmination of all the signs before it, with different levels of each sign depending on the chart and its emphasis on certain planets or signs. And of course, being ruled by Neptune doesn't help things, either.

SirenRising, it surprises me the Pisces person you know is so selfish. I thought they were supposed to be self-sacrificing and compassionate?

Of course, that's not set in stone, there's got to be exceptions for EVERYTHING...

...I wonder if there's a Libran out there who is very decisive? THAT would be a sight to behold...

krysia322

Gemini Rising said:
I wish I could scare people that easily with one glance...but no, I have to WORK at manipulating people by smiling and being charming and doing the whole "get them to see my side of the issue" thing.
Nick... I'm starting to think that I have yet to reply to one of your posts without LMAOing. But I'm not sympathetic to your plight, because I can't see how a Libra with Gemini Rising... and didn't you mention Sun in the 5th house somewhere?... has to really work to charm anyone. Seems to me that you'd be able to sell shares of the equator to penguins.

Gemini Rising said:
It HAS to be THEIR way or you might as well just burn in hell.
LMFAO!

Gemini Rising said:
SirenRising, it surprises me the Pisces person you know is so selfish. I thought they were supposed to be self-sacrificing and compassionate?
I thought it was a Capricorn Sun person with Pisces Rising and Moon... <scrolls down> Yep. Thus the selfishness... ;)

Gemini Rising said:
...I wonder if there's a Libran out there who is very decisive? THAT would be a sight to behold...
It's a Libran with Aries Rising, Sun in the First House, with Mercury in Aries, and Scorpio Moon. :D LOL...

krysia322

SirenRising said:
I know a Pisces rising/moon guy (Capricorn sun) who is just so...watery. His skin/hair is so oily and he has this amphibian hands.
Wow. That's not a description one reads in a romance novel. LOL...

LixiPixi

Piper said:
My daughter's a Scorpio (and I'm a Sag), and I can't believe how emotionally connected she is to me. If I feel the slightest bit of anger, or stress, she's there wailing in my ear.

I loved seeing this post, Piper. I'm a Scorpio and my daughter is a Sag. Granted she's only (almost) two - but if we're anything like the both of you, that's very encouraging to hear! :D

LP~

ADDED: My brother is a pisces and we just don't get along at all. He's a Mr. KnowItAll and I can't stand that about him. I'm 6 yrs older, been there and back and in between and he STILL gives ME (the Scorpio) looks like I'm so uninformed and couldn't possibly have a worthy thing to say. I don't know if it's just his way of seeing me as a "girl" or what, but I and Pisces just do not mix.

One of my sons is a Cancer, I have a male Cancer friend, and my mother's long-time boyfriend was a Cancer. They do have issues, that's for sure! They seem to take everything to heart and just can't seem to tear themselves away from the females in their lives whether is mother, friend, spouse, sister, what have you. Great guys - all very sweet, but so easily susceptible to emotional issues.

SirenRising

Gemini Rising said:

Well, he has several planets in Capricorn including a Mars/Saturn conjunction...

Gemini Rising

krysia322 said:
Nick... I'm starting to think that I have yet to reply to one of your posts without LMAOing. But I'm not sympathetic to your plight, because I can't see how a Libra with Gemini Rising... and didn't you mention Sun in the 5th house somewhere?... has to really work to charm anyone. Seems to me that you'd be able to sell shares of the equator to penguins.

It's a Libran with Aries Rising, Sun in the First House, with Mercury in Aries, and Scorpio Moon. :D LOL...

Don't forget Leo Moon! However, I have a nasty affliction to my Mercury/Sun conjunction that's quite annoying and makes it hard for me to put into words what I'm trying to express. I'm not nearly as eloquent as I am in real life as I may seem on these boards, and I get tongue-tied extremely easily (mercury rx's aren't fun), so it's quite an arduous task for me.

A Libran with Aries rising and sun in the first with Merc. in Aries...

Too bad that's astronomically impossible since Mercury has to be within 28 degrees of the sun, and to have the ascendent opposite the Sun would mean a sun placement of 6th or 7th house. (Whoops, sounding like a Virgo...)

*sigh* I suppose there isn't any such thing as a decisive Libran...of course, my math teacher could argue that point with imaginary numbers, and she might very well win. Still don't know her birthday, though...